- Jasmine: People who were told to think about their own mortality were more receptive to the idea of having cosmetic surgery than those who weren't (11th Jun 2013 - 18:05)
- Jasmine: @mcrcommuter Good point - it usually gets passed on to us (11th Jun 2013 - 17:49)
- Jasmine: @ajmajid Yes. I don't understand young people taking up smoking - makes no sense! (11th Jun 2013 - 17:48)
- Jasmine: effects of passive smoking on children costs the NHS £23m a year by causing 300,000 GP visits and 9,500 hospital admissions. (11th Jun 2013 - 17:41)
- Jasmine: RT @EdConwaySky: The financial nitroglycerine buried under the Bank of England. Quick blog: http://t.co/P18zbR4KtQ (11th Jun 2013 - 15:50)
- Jasmine: @pinkiejones Actually yes, they probably are! (11th Jun 2013 - 15:00)
- Jasmine: @iansearle lol! (11th Jun 2013 - 15:00)
- Jasmine: @photostrada Sadly, yes! (11th Jun 2013 - 13:28)
- Jasmine: @will_becker True! (11th Jun 2013 - 13:27)
- Jasmine: @pensionschamp Interesting! (11th Jun 2013 - 12:29)
- Jasmine: @neiljamesh Certainly looks like it± (11th Jun 2013 - 12:28)
- Jasmine: @emmalporter Yes, prob too expensive too (11th Jun 2013 - 12:27)
- Jasmine: 10% of secondary pupils think tomatoes grow underground (11th Jun 2013 - 12:27)
- Jasmine: 29% of primary school pupils think cheese comes from plants; 1 in 5 think main ingredient in fish fingers is chicken; (11th Jun 2013 - 12:27)
- Jasmine: @pensionschamp I wonder! (11th Jun 2013 - 11:57)
- Jasmine: @pensionschamp Good point! I'm slipping - yes, ultimately it will cost us! (11th Jun 2013 - 11:56)
- Jasmine: Not one office in the Shard is being rented; its only occupants are a restaurant and a viewing gallery (72 storeys empty) (11th Jun 2013 - 11:55)
- Jasmine: RT @liamdutton: A wet few days lie ahead as areas of low pressure form an orderly queue to the SW of the UK - http://t.co/iTGWklTamm (11th Jun 2013 - 11:55)
- Jasmine: Around 50 per cent of all whiplash claims arising from car crashes are fraudulent - costs the industry £1 billion a year (11th Jun 2013 - 11:50)
- Jasmine: RT @scaryduck: Vladimir Putin's getting a divorce. I think that's all his midlife crisis boxes ticked http://t.co/0tUQUpMRzF (7th Jun 2013 - 08:35)
2011 would not have been possible without….
December 31, 2011
Right I’ve got 10 minutes max to write this blog before our NYE festivities begin…
Like the economy it’s been a year of ups and down for me, 2011 started out extremely well, within days of the new year starting I’d been headhunted and offered a job. The job didn’t turn out so well…
Well my boss is now me with some supervision from some great and lovely editors(whose ‘baggage’ makes them great) – so my first thanks is to Simon Reed of the Independent and Simoney Girard and Melanie Tringham at the FT. Also to Andrew Oxlade of This is Money and Patrick Collinson of the Guardian. Without their belief in my skills I wouldn’t have been able to pay the bills – my confidence was pretty low in September and even Andrew couldn’t always be expected to pick me up.
And of course I wouldn’t be able to work without Andrew, and of course my mother in her amazing supporting role and my sister Katie and her little treasures Annie and Gracie.
I’m only just getting to know the mummy bloggers out there, @WeLovePeas deserves a mention because she’s starting out and I’m sure 2012 will be a prosperous year for her.
Of course @Jasmine, who lets me write my blog!
And then there’s my girls: Marianne, Paula, SJ, Mandy Charles, Mandy LD, Emma Ann, Simoney, Sandy who have kept me going during my hours of darkness (all job related). And who I’ve shared the highs and lows of parenthood with.
Then there/s my daughter – Immy, who always makes me smile.
And then there’s work , which is always there for me. And not forgetting God Jesus and the HG without it all nothing would be possible.
And here’s a pick of my best bits from 2011