- Jasmine: Almost one in three first year students at UK universities say their courses are not good value (21st May 2013 - 08:54)
- Moneymagpie: New article! So you think you've done a bad interview?... - http://t.co/BN6Kp6AteU (21st May 2013 - 08:01)
- Moneymagpie: Get your wardrobe sorted for the summer: It’s that time of year when I’m agonising over whether to switch my w... http://t.co/L0RvqxtcLU (21st May 2013 - 07:56)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Get your wardrobe sorted for the summer - http://t.co/3n7oAip3bR (21st May 2013 - 07:55)
- Jasmine: No! Justin Beiber's 'Baby' is biggest-selling (inc downloads, streaming etc) record of all time. aaaaaaaaaaaaagh! (20th May 2013 - 17:57)
- Jasmine: @Poorlybee :) x #havingarickastleymomentkeepittoyourself (20th May 2013 - 17:53)
- Jasmine: @ESTargetParking you certainly will :) (20th May 2013 - 17:52)
- Jasmine: @brtoon yup, that's what I always say about it #lottery (20th May 2013 - 17:52)
- Jasmine: @Poorlybee lol! :) (20th May 2013 - 16:15)
- Moneymagpie: Read our 14 magic ways to get rich in 2013 here...http://t.co/LDoqIpjlyt #makemoney #getrich #money #magic #cash (20th May 2013 - 16:09)
- Moneymagpie: New tax credits scam to watch out for: Do you receive tax credits? If so you must be on the alert for scam ema... http://t.co/Xv03WexRaV (20th May 2013 - 15:52)
- Jasmine: @Poorlybee thanks for RT! x (20th May 2013 - 15:48)
- Moneymagpie: New article! New tax credits scam to watch out for - http://t.co/jUNHTnWYtS (20th May 2013 - 15:46)
- Jasmine: RT @Moneymagpie: 31 brilliant #money making and money #saving #ideas. One for every day of this month. http://t.co/86JJF8klDJ … (20th May 2013 - 15:17)
- Jasmine: @brtoon oh dear! Well, I hope you win something some time (20th May 2013 - 14:31)
- Moneymagpie: Find out our 12 ways to feed your family for less here... http://t.co/fcljLIETAM #savemoney #family #food #tips #advice #save #money (20th May 2013 - 14:13)
- Jasmine: How awful. Lottery ticket sales hit an all time high of £6.9billion last year. (20th May 2013 - 12:54)
- Jasmine: There will be more mobile subscriptions than people in the world by the end of next year, a/c UN (20th May 2013 - 12:37)
- Jasmine: Is this tweet masquerading as a Twitter opinion poll actually a shameless attempt to get more followers? RT: Yes Favourite: No (20th May 2013 - 12:33)
- Moneymagpie: How many mobile handsets must a human have?!: A stray news item piqued my interest a few days ago, one statist... http://t.co/5RqR0dHG3L (20th May 2013 - 12:26)
- Moneymagpie: Take a look at our 31 brilliant #money making and money #saving #ideas. One for every single day of this month. http://t.co/fcR4MT7e60 … (20th May 2013 - 12:12)
- Moneymagpie: New article! How many mobile handsets must a human have?! - http://t.co/A7Q0eyySrw (20th May 2013 - 11:55)
- Moneymagpie: What does a good travel insurance policy look like?: Holiday bookings are expected to soar this season. If you... http://t.co/ohqmlbwnZX (20th May 2013 - 11:16)
- Moneymagpie: @dallaswillcox Take a look at our 31 brilliant #money making and money #saving #ideas. http://t.co/fcR4MT7e60 … #save (20th May 2013 - 10:13)
- Moneymagpie: Sign up to our free money making and money saving newsletter here... http://t.co/Ssqt2dosmf … #savemoney #makemoney #newsletter #save #money (20th May 2013 - 10:11)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Accident insurance - what you should know. Read more here. http://t.co/d4mt1x9XVx #accident #insurance #savemoney #advice #tips (20th May 2013 - 10:08)
- Moneymagpie: New article! What does a good travel insurance policy look like? - http://t.co/UXCrTV9Yfg (20th May 2013 - 09:20)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Accident insurance - what you should know - http://t.co/fmIbYzoPpD (20th May 2013 - 08:57)
- Jasmine: RT @Clevervideos: This is wonderful. A whole kid's orchestra with instruments made from landfill junk. http://t.co/FcJNDILpZQ (19th May 2013 - 20:22)
- Moneymagpie: Tax & recovery?: London taxes No not black cabs, but rather a thought from our Mayor Boris that London needs m... http://t.co/yLiIpB3pbH (19th May 2013 - 18:04)
- Jasmine: @clemencybh Grear prog this morning (listening now on iPlayer). The Vaughan Williams one of my all-time favourites. Thanks! (19th May 2013 - 15:56)
- Moneymagpie: Hooray! The website is back up and running. For your daily dose of #moneysaving #tips and #moneymaking #ideas visit http://t.co/Ez1t2WyGEv (19th May 2013 - 11:28)
- Moneymagpie: Woo hoo, the site's back up!! http://t.co/i4DEmdGmuy (19th May 2013 - 10:42)
- Jasmine: RT @ThePoke: It’s the final of #Eurovision tonight – use this card to generate your own personal bland euro-song http://t.co/9i3BKtzV0b (18th May 2013 - 17:47)
- Jasmine: @THEJamesWhale Horrendous (18th May 2013 - 17:00)
- Jasmine: RT @THEJamesWhale: Read this,what hope Is there for people like this.? http://t.co/pr7vSp8WNb via @MailOnline (18th May 2013 - 17:00)
- Jasmine: Lovely music from a choir I have just discovered - Renaissance http://t.co/icEyltCqeu - v restful! (18th May 2013 - 16:42)
- Jasmine: RT @ianbremmer: Average hourly wage for garment workers: Bangladesh: $.24 Cambodia: $.45 Pakistan: $.52 Vietnam: $.53 China: $1.26 (17th May 2013 - 18:21)
- Jasmine: @simoninthesand Boston. Lovely place! :) (17th May 2013 - 15:58)
- Moneymagpie: Smile... #smile #friday #cuteanimals #dog http://t.co/x91OcATFPf (17th May 2013 - 13:03)
Get paid to deliver
When the weather gets warmer there’s no better time to get paid for being out and about delivering.
There are all kinds of leaflets and forms that need to be delivered to homes in your area. It’s an easy way to get your hands on some extra cash. Often you don’t have to spend anything, and even better, it doesn’t even need to take up much of your time.
Delivering leaflets is a temporary job, and will probably only be for a short period. A paper round or similar is more permanent, and involves you giving up a bit more of your time. You don’t really need any qualifications, though sometimes having a car is a plus.
- For deliveries in your area you should check the job pages of your local papers as well as websites like Gumtree and Craigslist and your job centre to find out what’s available.
- Pick up some free local newspapers and contact them directly. They might be able to put you in touch with the distribution agent.
- Try asking local takeaways and taxi firms if they need any help.
- Hunt out demand from smaller businesses in your local area; you’ll be surprised how many use leaflets to advertise.
- For a paper round, get in touch with your local newsagent directly, or with the paper itself. Large, reputable publishers include Newsquest, Archant and Northcliffe. Get in touch with them about opportunities in your area.
- Check out some national companies who produce leaflets, chances are they’ll need people to distribute them in your local area. For London and the Home Counties, try Letterbox Distribution. Have a look on Mailbox Nationwide for jobs all over the country and for nationwide leafleting and promotional opportunities check out Powergirls.
- For deliveries of nationwide publications such as the Yellow Pages, have a look on the Deya website. They list the dates and areas in which work is available on the site, and they’re a big company so can provide you with a wide variety of opportunities.
- Check out The Network for jobs distributing things like free papers, such as the Metro (which is distributed nationwide).
Get new money-making secrets every week for free. Signup here now!
- Delivering bigger catalogues will make you more money, but you have to have a car in order to deliver them.
- Some companies will pay you for your time rather than how many you deliver, so you can expect to be on, or just above the minimum wage (currently £6.08 per hour if you’re over 21) in these instances.
- Distributing free papers (not the same as a round) can earn you a tidy sum. For distributing The Metro you can expect up to £10 per hour.
- Paper rounds will probably earn you less for your time; you can expect about £15 a week for approximately three or four hours of work. Be aware though that this does vary depending on who you deliver for.
Things to look out for
- Try to avoid leafleting schemes where you are paid by commission only. This relies on the company making money from something you delivered and could leave you – heartbreakingly, having done hours of work – without recompense.
- Some leafleting schemes are scams, so be careful. Just make sure whoever you are working for is a reputable company. Be especially cautious if it’s an online company without proper contact details (for example only having a mobile number or no proper address). A quick Google search on the firm may confirm any suspicions about a dodgy company, with people posting warnings about them on forums. You can also use Google to check a business’s address – if they only use a PO box (not a good sign) then several businesses will be listed at the same address.
- Be sneaky and double your earnings! If you manage to get two rounds in the same area at once you can do all the delivering at the same time, but be paid twice from two separate companies.
- If you’re a new mum why not bring your baby along (you can also use the buggy to stash those heavy leaflets so you don’t have to carry them!)
- If your kids want to be all grown up and have a job of their own, why not suggest they do a round as well, that way they’ll earn themselves a bit of money and you can still keep an eye on them!
- If you choose a paper round, you can usually expect a bit more money if the paper also contains separate advertising leaflets, so try to find papers that you know use these (usually the freebies).
Do you get paid to post? Let us know on our facebook page: