Get paid to deliver

Get paid to deliver

When the weather’s warmer there’s no better time to get paid for being out and about delivering.

There are all kinds of leaflets and forms that need to be delivered to homes in your area. It’s an easy way to get your hands on some extra cash. Often you don’t have to spend anything, and even better, it doesn’t even need to take up much of your time.

Delivering leaflets is a temporary job, and will probably only be for a short period. A paper round or similar is more permanent, and involves you giving up a bit more of your time. You don’t really need any qualifications, though sometimes having a car is a plus.

• For deliveries in your area you should check the job pages of your local papers as well as websites like Gumtree and Craigslist and your job centre to find out what’s available.
  • Pick up some free local newspapers and contact them directly. They might be able to put you in touch with the distribution agent.
  • Try asking local takeaways and taxi firms if they need any help.
  • Hunt out demand from smaller businesses in your local area; you’ll be surprised how many use leaflets to advertise.
  • For a paper round, get in touch with your local newsagent directly, or with the paper itself. Large, reputable publishers include Newsquest, Archant and Northcliffe. Get in touch with them about opportunities in your area.
  • Check out some national companies who produce leaflets, chances are they’ll need people to distribute them in your local area. For London and the Home Counties, try Letterbox Distribution. For nationwide leafleting and promotional opportunities check out Powergirls.
  • For deliveries of nationwide publications such as the Yellow Pages, have a look on the Deya website. They list the dates and areas in which work is available on the site, and they’re a big company so can provide you with a wide variety of opportunities.
  • Check out The Network for jobs distributing things like free papers, such as the Metro (which is distributed nationwide).

Get new money-making secrets every week for free. Signup here now!

• ONLY USED FOR OUR WEEKLY EMAIL

You need to be realistic about this; you’re not going to make a fortune by any stretch. You can be paid by how many items you deliver, or how many rounds you undertake.

• Delivering bigger catalogues will make you more money, but you have to have a car in order to deliver them.
  • Some companies will pay you for your time rather than how many you deliver, so you can expect to be on, or just above the minimum wage (currently £6.19 per hour if you’re over 21) in these instances.
  • Distributing free papers (not the same as a round) can earn you a tidy sum. For distributing The Metro you can expect up to £10 per hour.
  • Paper rounds will probably earn you less for your time; you can expect about £15 a week for approximately three or four hours of work. Be aware though that this does vary depending on who you deliver for.

Things to look out for

• Try to avoid leafleting schemes where you are paid by commission only. This relies on the company making money from something you delivered and could leave you – heartbreakingly, having done hours of work – without recompense.
  • Some leafleting schemes are scams, so be careful. Just make sure whoever you are working for is a reputable company. Be especially cautious if it’s an online company without proper contact details (for example only having a mobile number or no proper address). A quick Google search on the firm may confirm any suspicions about a dodgy company, with people posting warnings about them on forums. You can also use Google to check a business’s address – if they only use a PO box (not a good sign) then several businesses will be listed at the same address.

Top delivery tips

• Be sneaky and double your earnings! If you manage to get two rounds in the same area at once you can do all the delivering at the same time, but be paid twice from two separate companies.
  • If you’re a new mum why not bring your baby along (you can also use the buggy to stash those heavy leaflets so you don’t have to carry them!)
  • If your kids want to be all grown up and have a job of their own, why not suggest they do a round as well, that way they’ll earn themselves a bit of money and you can still keep an eye on them!
  • If you choose a paper round, you can usually expect a bit more money if the paper also contains separate advertising leaflets, so try to find papers that you know use these (usually the freebies).

Do you get paid to post? Let us know on our facebook page:

25 Responses to “Get paid to deliver”

1. Refined Events says:

Its just my view but doing things like mystery shopping and sampling products pays well and you generally get to try some good food.

2. Annette Howard says:

I am a team leader working on the distribution of the Exeter Yellow Pages for Deya. I have work for distributing the Yellow Pages for week commencing Monday 3rd September for people available to deliver Yellow Pages in the EX14 (Honiton) EX13 (Axminster) EX12 (Seaton) and DT7 (Lyme Regis) areas. Anyone looking for distribution work and able to deliver in these areas is welcome to e mail me Annetteinbeer@aol.com with their telephone number (preferred) or e mail address stating the area they would be interested in delivering and I will contact them.

3. Ivan says:

Hello everyone,
    I’m in this lovely city London, from a few weeks. Waiting for my NIN interview and other documents (My passport is in a institution),while i want to earn some legal money to pay, and sign up in a school to improve my language skills. Those are my very first steps in this Country.
    I came to my parents who work and live from a long time hire.

So my only one question is:
    Can i start some job like a Leaflet Distributor somewhere without working documents. I change my Driving license in DVLA already. ID from my country and a Barclays acc. Phone number as well.
    Im 22 years old friendly person who do not feel comfort to sit in home and doing nothing, waiting for miracles and money from Mom.

Аny help would be useful to me.

Thank you and kind regards. Ivan

4. First of all thank you for the mention on your website. We do not have any casual or part time distributors in our company and only have adults working due to health and safety issues and the weight of some of the items we deliver.

My recommendation would be for people visiting your website to apply for work with the big national newspapers as they will treat distributors well and pay on time. Newsquest, Archant,Northcliffe to name a few. The rest can be found by visiting the association for our industry at dma.org. and then go into the door drop section where you will find a list of all reputable companies.

Good luck. I am always impressed with anyone that gets out and tries to earn a living.

• Moneymagpie says:

Thanks Simon, that’s great information. The article has now been updated with the publishers you mentioned.

5. brent hodge says:

i was interested in passing out flyers can you give me a call at 216-254-3218

6. rob says:

if anyone is interested in setting up a leaflet distribution company please kindly drop me a line
    robs331@hotmail.co.uk

7. matt says:

big companies such as MyHermes and Home delivery network are always looking for self employed drivers

8. Nickole Schoessow says:

Hello, I enjoy your weblog. Is there something I can do to obtain updates like a subscription or something? I’m sorry I am not familiar with RSS?

9. stephen says:

lucky you.im Still waiting to be paid,and they ignore my emails

10. Louise Liverpool says:

Hi all,I delivered for Mailbox Nationwide last month.I have just been paid on time and directly into my bank.
    Really pleased and will be doing it again.

11. zoe says:

I did some work for mailbox nationwide…It took me 20 hours and i was promised £80 (not a lot but it is to me)After receiving no money i contacted hem the lady said she would pass it on to accounts all other correspondance has been ignored since….

• James Waters says:

I’ve just done some work through Mail Nationwide and it was ok. My payment came through a few days later than they originally said but otherwise it was fine.

• Ian Jones says:

I too have been working for Mailbox and they have always paid me, sometimes on time, sometimes a few days after, but I have always found them to be good.

12. Astin says:

Just been emailed by Mailbox Nationwide after signing up a few weeks ago, offering me work next week. This will be the first work I do for them, and therefore, and a bit weary as to if it’s a scam. Anybody else done some work for them? And if so, did they pay okay and on time?

13. Patryk says:

I’m looking for delivering liflets aroud kirkstall area . I’m almost 14 years old.

THANK YOU.

14. Patryk says:

I’m looking for delivering liflets UBT I’m 13 ALMOST 14 !

15. jodie harper says:

please could you send me some links to visit,either to work from home or delivery jobs. i am a reliable person and have got transport. from part time to full time it all suits to me

16. Hi my name is charlene o’gorman. I live on the redditch road in kings norton birmingham, im a mother of two and I am interested in a job delivering leaflets, I don’t have a drivers license but i’m a reliable enthusiastic person. This job would be perfect for especially as I have children.

• The best thing to do, Charlene, is to get in touch with the businesses we’ve mentioned in this article and tell them where you live. They will let you know if they have work in that area. Try all of them because at least one is bound to need someone where you are.

17. Fakuda says:

Nice to know…

18. Navillus says:

I am feeling somewhat disheartened. Having watched ‘Working Lunch’ today, there was an article about teleworking with a few tips. Straight on to the internet went I to try and find some homeworking jobs. But low and behold, all I found was the usual, get rich quick schemes and Multi marketing rubbish. There has to be some real homeworking jobs out there which pay you for a job done. Any suggestions anybody?

• Yes, you’re right, there are loads of homeworking scams around. However, if you look through our Make Money section you will see all kinds of things you can do to boost your income at home. It depends on your skills and time but it can be anything from making things to sell at markets and car boots to doing online surveys, running an online business or childminding. There are lots of things you can do but you may need to do two or three of them in order to make the kind of money you would like to.