- Jasmine: RT @Clevervideos: This is wonderful. A whole kid's orchestra with instruments made from landfill junk. http://t.co/FcJNDILpZQ (19th May 2013 - 20:22)
- Moneymagpie: Tax & recovery?: London taxes No not black cabs, but rather a thought from our Mayor Boris that London needs m... http://t.co/yLiIpB3pbH (19th May 2013 - 18:04)
- Jasmine: @clemencybh Grear prog this morning (listening now on iPlayer). The Vaughan Williams one of my all-time favourites. Thanks! (19th May 2013 - 15:56)
- Moneymagpie: Hooray! The website is back up and running. For your daily dose of #moneysaving #tips and #moneymaking #ideas visit http://t.co/Ez1t2WyGEv (19th May 2013 - 11:28)
- Moneymagpie: Woo hoo, the site's back up!! http://t.co/i4DEmdGmuy (19th May 2013 - 10:42)
- Jasmine: RT @ThePoke: It’s the final of #Eurovision tonight – use this card to generate your own personal bland euro-song http://t.co/9i3BKtzV0b (18th May 2013 - 17:47)
- Jasmine: @THEJamesWhale Horrendous (18th May 2013 - 17:00)
- Jasmine: RT @THEJamesWhale: Read this,what hope Is there for people like this.? http://t.co/pr7vSp8WNb via @MailOnline (18th May 2013 - 17:00)
- Jasmine: Lovely music from a choir I have just discovered - Renaissance http://t.co/icEyltCqeu - v restful! (18th May 2013 - 16:42)
- Jasmine: RT @ianbremmer: Average hourly wage for garment workers: Bangladesh: $.24 Cambodia: $.45 Pakistan: $.52 Vietnam: $.53 China: $1.26 (17th May 2013 - 18:21)
- Jasmine: @simoninthesand Boston. Lovely place! :) (17th May 2013 - 15:58)
- Jasmine: RT @AJMajid: “Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.” ~ William Ward (17th May 2013 - 14:42)
- Jasmine: @BJoshee Ugh yes! (17th May 2013 - 14:42)
- Jasmine: “Thinking outside the box” and “going forward” have been voted the most hated examples of management speak (17th May 2013 - 13:39)
- Jasmine: So impressed by Virgin Atlantic flights I made this month. Why can't all airlines be like them? (17th May 2013 - 13:19)
- Moneymagpie: Smile... #smile #friday #cuteanimals #dog http://t.co/x91OcATFPf (17th May 2013 - 13:03)
- Jasmine: RT @BBCBusiness: Ofcom: 'Too many' nuisance calls http://t.co/wfhsNq68MW <<true - close these companies down! (17th May 2013 - 11:15)
- Jasmine: V good analysis of recessonary politics across the West from John Kay http://t.co/nDt7ZNOWOR (17th May 2013 - 10:55)
- Moneymagpie: In the meantime why not try this brainteaser... http://t.co/XJpy3AGxM7 (16th May 2013 - 09:39)
- Moneymagpie: The website is still experiencing technical problems. We apologise for any inconvenience. We really hope to be up... http://t.co/u6g8Dm5Ybo (16th May 2013 - 09:13)
- Moneymagpie: @VeniceAFulton Sorry, it will be there v soon! (15th May 2013 - 23:26)
- Jasmine: Lovely story about the Candy Cab in NY http://t.co/uBsmrPzCFM (15th May 2013 - 23:19)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Tax & recovery? - http://t.co/R9VVZ4IBSV (15th May 2013 - 17:00)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Top tips for single travellers - http://t.co/SvbkeDr6TO (15th May 2013 - 14:45)
- Moneymagpie: We are still experiencing technical problems. The website is currently down. We hope to be up and running very soon. (15th May 2013 - 10:22)
- Jasmine: RT @ThePoke: Go to Google images. Type in 'Atari Breakout'. Have a nice day :) (via @peachesanscream) (14th May 2013 - 14:09)
- Jasmine: @UKPizzaLover Said it's cos I renewed late and it's 'in the system'!! (14th May 2013 - 14:08)
- Jasmine: @UKPizzaLover Bad. It seems it would take another 5 days if I transferred. Have just asked. (14th May 2013 - 13:20)
- Jasmine: @UKPizzaLover Yes that's what happened. Would it be quicker to move? Really? (14th May 2013 - 13:18)
- Jasmine: @WarrenSargent Quite! (14th May 2013 - 13:18)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Can I resell airline and train tickets? - http://t.co/QjpNNX9Bwb (14th May 2013 - 13:14)
- Moneymagpie: Due to a technical problem the website is currently down. Apologies for any inconvenience. We should be up and running very soon... (14th May 2013 - 12:28)
- Moneymagpie: @CBromleyMartin Thank you so much! Nightmare!! (14th May 2013 - 11:59)
- Moneymagpie: So sorry everyone. The site is still down It's a nightmare for us! (14th May 2013 - 11:24)
- Moneymagpie: @dallaswillcox Yes it's wful. Will let you know when it's up again (14th May 2013 - 11:24)
- Moneymagpie: @CBromleyMartin Yes it's awful! (14th May 2013 - 11:23)
- Moneymagpie: Take a look at our 31 brilliant #money making and money #saving #ideas. One for every single day of this month. http://t.co/UjkHof2af9 #save (14th May 2013 - 10:06)
- Moneymagpie: Sorry the site is down. Technical issues...aargh! Should be up again very soon. (13th May 2013 - 22:02)
- Moneymagpie: Check out these 10 easy ways to make quick cash... http://t.co/NIzsKt77tx … #makemoney #savemoney #quickcash #cash #money (13th May 2013 - 16:06)
- Moneymagpie: Sign up to our free #moneymaking and #moneysaving #newsletter here...http://t.co/S1iifOoOW1 … #freeebook #free (13th May 2013 - 16:04)
How to find the cheapest mobile phone service
Eight out of 10 people pay more than they should for their mobile phone service. Why? Because the latest figures show that many Brits are simply on the wrong phone contract, paying for minutes and texts they don’t use.
On average a typical UK mobile user could save almost £200 a year – simply by switching to a more suitable tariff. Of course, most of us probably already know we could save money on our mobile if we spent enough time researching all the options out there – but with literally hundreds of contracts available, who has the time to do that?
Fortunately for time-pressed people everywhere, Moneymagpie has teamed up with Mobilife to create our Bill Analyser Tool, which does all that for you.
How does the Bill Analyser work?
The Bill Analyser helps you find the best mobile deal. It does this by doing two things.
1) It works out how much you actually use your phone – and what you use it for most (whether it’s calling, texting, data transfer or making international calls).
2) It takes this data and applies it to the thousands of phone tariffs that are on the market, and works out what the best deal for you would be – saving you both time and money.
There are two ways the Bill Analyser can save you money.
Estimate your phone usage manually
This is where you enter an estimate of the number of minutes and texts you use each month. You can also enter other information (such as whether you’re planning to make international calls, or are only looking for a certain contract length).
Based on what you enter, the site will recommend the best tariff for you from the thousands of options that are currently on the market. Or you can…
Analyse your bill – use the online billing assessment
Useful as the manual assessment tool is, the ‘Run Bill Analyser’ option is even better. If you’re on a contract, you can select this and let the Bill Analyser access your mobile bills.
This allows it to automatically calculate the best deal for you, based on how you actually use your phone from month to month. It works out exactly how much you talk, text, call abroad, transfer data and so on.
It will then show you (through some nifty charts) exactly how much you use your phone; what you use it for most; and how much it costs you.
It then number crunches all this data against the hundreds of phone packages available to let you know whether there’s a better one for you out there.
You will then find out whether you’re one of the eight out of ten UK mobile users who don’t use their full allocation of minutes and could be on a cheaper deal!
The results of the mobile tariffs that the site has selected for you are listed in order of price. All other essential information is also displayed: what’s included in the deal, the length of the contract, and so on.
To use this feature, you will need to have registered for online billing with your phone company first. Most networks make this really simple to do if you haven’t already got it set up – there should be a section on your phone network’s website allowing you to do this. Set it up here for Orange, O2, T-Mobile or Virgin.
Once you’ve registered for online billing, simply go back to the Bill Analyser Online Billing Assessment page, and enter your details (your network, mobile number, and billing username and password).
Stop paying more than you should for your mobile phone service - get a better deal here.