- Jasmine: @brownrach Thank goodness! (22nd May 2013 - 22:30)
- Jasmine: Brings tears to my eyes http://t.co/o0flVR3SEB (22nd May 2013 - 22:28)
- Jasmine: RT @ShelaghFogarty: The woman who asked attackers permission to help victim as they held knives is one very courageous person #woolwich (22nd May 2013 - 21:55)
- Jasmine: @brtoon ...and Callum (22nd May 2013 - 21:49)
- Jasmine: @brtoon Yes! (22nd May 2013 - 21:49)
- Jasmine: RT @theroyaleditor: Muslim Council spokesman sd UK presence in Afghanistan means this barbaric attack "to be expected." No is pure evil. (22nd May 2013 - 21:49)
- Jasmine: Excellent. The 'Absolutely' team back on radio. V funny http://t.co/g708wIGelu (22nd May 2013 - 21:48)
- Jasmine: RT @Moneymagpie: Want to make money right now? Then check our most popular article ever here… http://t.co/dMuUpDTLks #makemoney #savemoney (22nd May 2013 - 17:07)
- Jasmine: RT @Moneymagpie: We've a really special deal to our newsletter list tomorrow so make sure you're signed up (free!) http://t.co/QWdFP27eC7 (22nd May 2013 - 16:57)
- Moneymagpie: We've a really special deal to send anyone on our newsletter list tomorrow so make sure you're signed up (for free!) http://t.co/WfxSWX0ZIe (22nd May 2013 - 16:56)
- Moneymagpie: Want to make money right now? Then check out Moneymagpie’s most popular article ever here… http://t.co/4zqCKZsU7a #makemoney #savemoney (22nd May 2013 - 16:47)
- Jasmine: RT @WhichMoney: What tax do you have to pay in retirement? We've explained it all in our handy guide http://t.co/FYp7bkn7Gu <<v useful (22nd May 2013 - 16:35)
- Jasmine: @andrew_rayner @clarerayner That sounds like a very good idea! (22nd May 2013 - 16:30)
- Jasmine: @andrew_rayner Actually, looking for some afternoon tea deals for our newsletter readers. They like them! (22nd May 2013 - 16:16)
- Jasmine: @andrew_rayner Nearly was - am working on it!! (22nd May 2013 - 16:15)
- Jasmine: Save 5% when you spend £30 at The Book People (already v cheap prices) http://t.co/7Gj7CYYgQ0 (22nd May 2013 - 15:51)
- Jasmine: @colinshelbourn True - or night-time intenet-surfing. BIG waste of good sleeping time! (22nd May 2013 - 15:29)
- Moneymagpie: Take a look at our 44 ideas to make extra money here... http://t.co/NK4W1S0nHw #makemoney #extracash #money #parttimejob #job #moneytips (22nd May 2013 - 15:00)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Find out how to make money collecting Bakelite here... http://t.co/dbbaFmYKzd #makemoney #collecting #bakelite #cash #collect (22nd May 2013 - 13:09)
- Moneymagpie: Read our new Rip-off Britain column about the latest job scams here... http://t.co/2ugcqyV5Ke #scam #column #jobs (22nd May 2013 - 13:05)
- Jasmine: @colinshelbourn Ha, just got your tweet. I thought the same and put myself straight to bed! (22nd May 2013 - 12:27)
- Moneymagpie: More job scams: I’ve been hearing about yet more scam job posts on internet sites (particularly sites like Cra... http://t.co/Z4XzyaSqLQ (22nd May 2013 - 10:23)
- Moneymagpie: How to live on half your salary in 5 easy steps http://t.co/JtK4c4LXUJ #savemoney #save #salary #stepbystep #bills (22nd May 2013 - 10:05)
- Moneymagpie: New article! More job scams - http://t.co/aaqt0salyY (22nd May 2013 - 07:41)
- Jasmine: RT @garwboy: I thought Dan Brown's new book had a tighter narrative but obscene product placement. Turns out I was reading Argos catalogue (21st May 2013 - 23:32)
- Jasmine: @Don03462790 Thanks for the RT! (21st May 2013 - 23:26)
- Jasmine: @FaizAhmedChohan Thanks for the RT! (21st May 2013 - 23:26)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Make money collecting Bakelite - http://t.co/3meXENPSbk (21st May 2013 - 17:42)
- Moneymagpie: Find out 50 ways to #savemoney by being green here... http://t.co/ndHKaMazAI #environment #greenliving #recycle #green (21st May 2013 - 16:17)
- Jasmine: @NeilMullarkey Thanks for RT! (21st May 2013 - 14:46)
- Moneymagpie: Find out how to invest when you don’t know anything here... http://t.co/u3IvK0pnkH #invest #savemoney #makemoney #investing #finance #guide (21st May 2013 - 14:20)
- Moneymagpie: #COMPETITION: #Win a Samsung Galaxy S3! Competition closes on Wednesday 22 May, so hurry and get your entry in now! http://t.co/uzp0P0UB1l (21st May 2013 - 14:18)
- Moneymagpie: Find out 5 easy ways to make money in your lunch hour here... http://t.co/vdIO8uiEp0 #makemoney #lunch #ideas #food (21st May 2013 - 12:07)
- Moneymagpie: Can I resell airline and train tickets?: If you want to sell a plane ticket that you suddenly don’t need you m... http://t.co/cCQnqX5MCi (21st May 2013 - 10:20)
- Moneymagpie: Want to know what does a good travel insurance policy look like? Find out here... http://t.co/GNbOcvWw5q #savemoney #travel #insurance (21st May 2013 - 10:11)
- Moneymagpie: So you think you’ve done a bad interview?…: …and you’re not getting the job. Well I bet you weren’t as bad as ... http://t.co/DsL7jOzSJJ (21st May 2013 - 09:09)
- Moneymagpie: New article! So you think you've done a bad interview?... - http://t.co/BN6Kp6AteU (21st May 2013 - 08:01)
- Moneymagpie: Get your wardrobe sorted for the summer: It’s that time of year when I’m agonising over whether to switch my w... http://t.co/L0RvqxtcLU (21st May 2013 - 07:56)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Get your wardrobe sorted for the summer - http://t.co/3n7oAip3bR (21st May 2013 - 07:55)
- Moneymagpie: Read our 14 magic ways to get rich in 2013 here...http://t.co/LDoqIpjlyt #makemoney #getrich #money #magic #cash (20th May 2013 - 16:09)
How to find the cheapest mobile phone service
Eight out of 10 people pay more than they should for their mobile phone service. Why? Because the latest figures show that many Brits are simply on the wrong phone contract, paying for minutes and texts they don’t use.
On average a typical UK mobile user could save almost £200 a year – simply by switching to a more suitable tariff. Of course, most of us probably already know we could save money on our mobile if we spent enough time researching all the options out there – but with literally hundreds of contracts available, who has the time to do that?
Fortunately for time-pressed people everywhere, Moneymagpie has teamed up with Mobilife to create our Bill Analyser Tool, which does all that for you.
How does the Bill Analyser work?
The Bill Analyser helps you find the best mobile deal. It does this by doing two things.
1) It works out how much you actually use your phone – and what you use it for most (whether it’s calling, texting, data transfer or making international calls).
2) It takes this data and applies it to the thousands of phone tariffs that are on the market, and works out what the best deal for you would be – saving you both time and money.
There are two ways the Bill Analyser can save you money.
Estimate your phone usage manually
This is where you enter an estimate of the number of minutes and texts you use each month. You can also enter other information (such as whether you’re planning to make international calls, or are only looking for a certain contract length).
Based on what you enter, the site will recommend the best tariff for you from the thousands of options that are currently on the market. Or you can…
Analyse your bill – use the online billing assessment
Useful as the manual assessment tool is, the ‘Run Bill Analyser’ option is even better. If you’re on a contract, you can select this and let the Bill Analyser access your mobile bills.
This allows it to automatically calculate the best deal for you, based on how you actually use your phone from month to month. It works out exactly how much you talk, text, call abroad, transfer data and so on.
It will then show you (through some nifty charts) exactly how much you use your phone; what you use it for most; and how much it costs you.
It then number crunches all this data against the hundreds of phone packages available to let you know whether there’s a better one for you out there.
You will then find out whether you’re one of the eight out of ten UK mobile users who don’t use their full allocation of minutes and could be on a cheaper deal!
The results of the mobile tariffs that the site has selected for you are listed in order of price. All other essential information is also displayed: what’s included in the deal, the length of the contract, and so on.
To use this feature, you will need to have registered for online billing with your phone company first. Most networks make this really simple to do if you haven’t already got it set up – there should be a section on your phone network’s website allowing you to do this. Set it up here for Orange, O2, T-Mobile or Virgin.
Once you’ve registered for online billing, simply go back to the Bill Analyser Online Billing Assessment page, and enter your details (your network, mobile number, and billing username and password).
Stop paying more than you should for your mobile phone service - get a better deal here.