Make £100 a Month With Ads on Your Car!

Make £100 a Month With Ads on Your Car! Tony Austin/Flickr

Vehicle advertisments – taxis and buses do it, so why not your car?

If you don’t mind driving around with ads on your car bonnet, you could make around £100 a month for very little effort.

Formula 1 has popularized ads on cars, and now all sorts of brands are using it to reach consumers in new and innovative ways.

It becomes even more attractive when you work out the cost of motoring these days!

So if you fancy turning your car into a cash earner rather than a cash drainer without having to lift a finger, read on.

What’s involved?moneymagpie_make-100-a-month-with-ads-on-your-car_car-ad-tunnoks

First things first, you’ve got to get the ads on your car. The company that you sign up to will do this by applying an adhesive vinyl wrap to all or part of the vehicle.

Such ‘car wraps’ can be added and removed easily without spoiling the paintwork. In fact, it’s been shown to actually protect your car’s paintwork from UV rays, corrosion and light scratches.

Special transparent vinyl is used on the windows so it won’t interfere with your driving visibility. Full insurance is provided against any damage to the paintwork of your vehicle caused by the advert’s placement, so you don’t even need to worry if something does happen.

Some car wrapping companies will then require you to drive a certain amount each month before paying you.

Others won’t ask you to change your driving habits, but will match your driving routine to their advertisers’ needs.

the moneymagpie car insurance comparison tool

moneymagpie_make-100-a-month-with-ads-on-your-car_race-car-advertMost companies accept vehicles of all sizes, from large vans to small hatchbacks or even flashy convertibles. All the adverts are custom made to fit your car and the specifications of their clients.

Saying this, many do prefer cars that are newer or in good condition. You will also be required to keep the outside of your car clean while the advert is on it – you should report any damage to the ads or your car immediately.

Also, you’re free to turn down any branding allocated to your vehicle that you would not feel comfortable advertising.

In order to be considered for a wrap, most companies require their drivers to have:

• a clean driver’s licence
  • a current MOT and road tax for the vehicle
  • valid insurance for the duration of the contract
  • no convictions for drink driving, manslaughter or dangerous driving causing death.

Remember, you’ll be expected to always drive responsibly – an erratic, speeding driver is probably not going to create the best impression for the advertiser!

The concept has been widely used in both the US and Europe, where advertisers like Gillette and the Transformers movie have worked with Moscow based Stickerride.

You can still become part of the scheme if you happen to drive a company car, providing your company gives you permission of course. Car wrap groups can also offer corporate packages if you have a fleet of cars, vans or trucks that you are interested in registering.

In addition to getting paid, you reduce the risk of your car being stolen with such unique bodywork. You may even get freebies from the advertisers such as samples and discounts. Most car wrapping companies will also pay you if you refer other people to them.

Still interested? If you meet the above requirements, and think you can handle a little artwork on your car, then read on to find out just how much vehicle wrapping is worth!

How much can you make?

moneymagpie_make-100-a-month-with-ads-on-your-car_car-adThe rate of pay varies according to the company you go with and how much of your car you’re willing to get wrapped.

With, the leading car advertising company in the UK with over 5000 drivers registered, you can earn anything from £50-100 per month for having ads on your car, depending on model and where it’s driven.

That means you could earn £600-1200 per year without having to change your driving habits – think of what this covers in terms of insurance, servicing or plain old petrol money!

Drivers are paid monthly so it’s a nice way to supplement your income, plus there’s the chance to get freebies or samples from the advertisers you are working with.

Where can you sign up?

Register and get matched.

Registering your car for Car Quids is as easy as visiting their website and completing a short form about your car and driving habits.

You are then matched to a relevant advertiser based on your profile – if you’re a fan of one particular brand you should say as some brands like to have brand ambassadors.

Car Quids have local centres where you can take your car to have advertising fitted and it usually only takes about 20 minutes to get it all sorted.

All that’s left to do then is hit the open road. Happy driving – and earning!

Have you had ads on your car? Why not share your vehicle wrapping experience in the comments section below.

115 responses to “Make £100 a Month With Ads on Your Car!”

1. Guy Lawrence says:

I have adverts on my car from the company everyone is talking about, advertise on my car ltd. identical advert each side, big rugby club advertising season tickets, It was simple, have had first cheque and really pleased. To be honest, I don’t even notice the advert, it just looks like I play for the club!

2. Gareth says:

So everyone is signing up for this? Has anyone actually had this done and been paid yet?

3. Michael Johnson says:

I have been registered with one of these car wrapping companies for over a year and a second for about three months.

I was told that I could have to wait up to three months for contact about a wrap and despite me emailing monthly since I have not had any further correspondence from them.

• John Clayton says:

On this whole page there’s not one person saying that they have made any money after registering with a company. It’s an excellent idea -but nothing much seems to be going on in practice

4. Robert Muir says:

I am very interested on placing ads on my car. will be interested on having my whole car done. How do i apply?

5. David Harrison says:

I would be very interested in this how do i apply?

6. allison kennedy says:

I have submitted to advertise on my car today with advertiseonmycar. I recieved an email back saying i qualify for 100 plus per month and that they will email me when my graphics are ready. They gave me the name and address of the graphic company, I wrang them and they know nothing about it. Signs express were approached months ago by avertise on my car but nothing was agreed!!

• Anthony says:

Hi everyone, advertise on my car do work with signs express, they have a business relationship with them, as well as many other independent firms over the uk. If you call signs express head office, which I did, they confirmed that they do work with advertise on my car and that they were in fact re sending a communication to all signs express branches to re confirm, in case anyone was getting confused. They confirmed that advertise on my car have a central relationship with signs express. I emailed advertise on my car, they said the same and emailed me back quickly, they are clearly legitimate and busy, so I have no issues and neither should anyone else… Welcome email confirms everything you need to know, just wait for advertise my car to confirm when your advert is ready

7. Cory says:

I cant find the link to sign up for it or to see how much i would be getting! can anyone help :/

8. Beverley Morgan says:

Just signed up to advertisemycar.- easy. Had an email there and then. Very pleased

9. Silvana says:

10. Stu Ginge says:

£200 per month for me with – really good website, sent them a question and they got back straight away. I can recommend their site/services just like everyone else, the other firms are all front – don’t bother. I told advertise my car I only wanted certain adverts, they are cool with that, just waiting for mine to be ready for placement. £200 a month – i do a decent amount of mileage and have a good car. I for one will be telling every friend and family member i have to registered with them as it’s easy money when everyone is moaning about how little money they have. great site

11. michelle llewelyn says:

just registered my car, really simple and had a reply straight away. tried a few others and heard nothing!

Thanks guys, looking forward to working with you.

12. Dan Glenn says:

I’m a student living in Bristol, signed up to advertiseonmycar following a post on this site. Fair play,£250 per month, I do relatively high mileage and think that helped with my slightly older ex mum and dad car… Ford focus.
    Happy to say, registration was quick and slick, I had a welcome email, importantly, I was told how much I would,could,earn up front and I was impressed with the process. Happy days, this money will pay for every night out I have per month, bang tidy…

13. Roger Jones says:

Hi everyone, I tried comm motion, rubbish, never heard back from them and a poor website. Sharing some love, I registered with advertise on my car ltd,, really easy website, better still, it’s not a full wrap, just the doors, I will get paid , £250 a month as they tell you once you register. Apparently, from their email, they are working with some serious brands in the uk and I’m more than happy to have them on my precious car.

• George Allan says:

I live in North East Scotland in Elgin and run a busy taxi in local area and have regular runs between Aberdeen And Inverness, car does an average of 900 to 1000 miles per week.
      Looking for an advertiser that requires some very good high profile advertising from a car that’s never off the road, anyone know anybody that’s interested

• matthew says:

Hi Roger, thanks for registering. Glad you liked the immeidate e-mail and rate you could earn per month. We really do try and work with you to be honest and open throughout. Not sure about other companies and don’t like to comment but ours is most certainly established and we’ve got some great advertisers. Our materials are second to none and we work with a national branch of graphics companies with over 70 stores nationwide. Your car is certainly saf with us. Tell you friends and any problems give our offices a call or contact us via the website

Thanks again, Matthew

14. philip says:

Paid to travel. What a blinding idea!

15. Scott says:

Hi my car is a VW Passat TDI in Silver immaculate 2002 it even has a private registration number plate and i do around 15000miles a year i drive along the m5/4 every month and shope in Sainsburys and Tesco regularly. I complete 18miles a year 6 days a week for work. Any sponsors out there?

• Ryan says:

Hi Scott,
      We are currently looking to build our database at pro-motor,
      You can find out more about us at

• Luck smith says:

I went on pro motor, rubbish, BEWARE, they are a scam, they are just trying to get your details to sell on your data clearly, you don’t get any info from them, no timescales, no figures, they are not a registered business, just some students in a bedroom, they will probably sell the data on, beware.

• Patrick says:

I signed up with Pro-Motor. Scoured the site, and looked through their terms I see that they are bound by a privacy policy to not share my details on. Besides, who would want to know what car I drive? If anyone does want that info I’m more concerned about the DVLA who are open about selling those details

• Ryan says:

Hi Mr Smith,

Ryan here from Pro-Motor. I’m sorry that you feel that way about us, but can assure you that we are not a scam, and I fail to see why we would be a scam. I can say with complete honesty that scamming people has never entered my mind. As a driver myself (and as you put it “just some student”), I noticed the increasing cost of motoring, and have found it very difficult to keep my car on the road. Pro-Motor is my attempt at helping as many drivers as possible to keep their car on the road, and ease financial pressure.
          I’ve not worked all this time with that vision in mind to just scam people, and I find it very foolish and naive of yourself to slander my business based on your first impression.

In response to the few points you’ve made:
          – Registering as a limited company was not a wise choice in the beginning, as the way these establishments are taxed would have made it difficult for us to get Pro-Motor off the ground. We launched as a Sole Trader, but are now looking to register as a Limited Company. Please note that Limited Companies are not entirely safer option, in terms of receiving payments as drivers etc. A Limited Company could and sometimes do, run up large debts and then shut up shop. The debts in this case, could be the money they owe you as a driver. Don’t believe that because a company is registered, that it is “safe”.
          – Any company giving you timescales on when you will receive an ad (and we know of a few), are giving you complete lies. There’s no way of knowing when your car will receive a campaign, and whenever asked, I make our drivers aware of this. It would be simply impossible to put a date on it. It’s not our choice. There are periods that we increase our sales efforts, and push certain demographics of drivers, BUT, the final choice of which car is chosen, is ultimately our clients’. If we gave our drivers such “timescales”, then we’d be lying. The same goes to figures, though we do have a pretty good idea of how much we could pay a particular category of vehicle and driver, it does vary. I can assure you though, that we will ALWAYS get as much as possible, and up to £200 a month for a full wrap.

I’d like to end this long response by thanking you for taking your time to look at the Pro-Motor site, and giving your opinion on our business. The points you’ve made have been taken on board, and I’m deeply sorry that anyone would feel that way about us. In response, we’ve since revamped the site. Please take a look at it, and let me know what you think. We’re also working on a newsletter that will be sent out to our drivers to keep them in the loop and let them know about what’s going on, and who we’ll be pitching to etc in the upcoming months. I hope you like the changes, but please drop me an email if there’s anything you think we could do better. As you’ve been our harshest critic yet, I’d really like to change your opinion of us, and get you to see that we’re just trying to help motorists.

16. Lacey says:

Hi if anyone is interested in advertising on my car please email me I drive all over so will get seen alot thank you Lacey

17. Mert Redif says:

Hi, i have a VW golf mk4 which is in very good condition, and driven all over London and essex. Was wondering if i can get it wrapped cheers.

18. James knight says:

I’m a professional sportsman looking to get advertising on my car.

19. Sam says:

I run a bussines -a burger van in central London in one off the Homebaces. You can contact me and put your advert on my burger van!

20. Aaron Bowers says:

Hi if anyone is interested in advertising on my vehicle contact me.I work at an airport so I’m on a motorway for an hour a day and in a car park with thousands passing my car.

21. Liam cameron says:

Hi I am looking for sponcership I am a professional boxer ranked number 10 in uk at minit I am British and English senior aba champion also have sponcership with gcasino always in papers on skysports and local newsplease get in touch via my email

22. ryan says:

hiya i have a boy racer corsa in blue , and it is very appealing to young adults, its a good little car to advertise on as its very noticeable and its a real head turner , would be happy to hear back as i am very interested thanks !! :)

23. r rae says:

i have a ford transit (white) nothing on at the min loats of room for ads

24. Stephanie says:

Can you contact me or tell me more about advertising on my car.i drive a VW Polo and drive everywhere!!
    Do you get paid monthly?

25. Chris simpson says:

hi there i am interested in advertising on my vehicle i have a road legal quad bike with plenty of advertising space on it i do alot of miles on this all through the week and this is a good head turner. get back to me if your interested. Chris

26. ANDREW TATE says:

27. Melissa offord says:

hello im really intrested in advertising on my car.
    I live in essex, and im driving around all the time to local shopping centers and busy towns. I also commute to work every day atleast a half hour journey through villages and towns. Parked in a lesiure centre car park where its always very busy!!

28. ASHOK PAWAR says:

I am intrested for to make add on my car.
    My car is TATA Indica vista LX.
    My Car is Daily on road..

29. hi there, am verry intereted in advertising on my van. i have a ford transit van and if any one is looking to put there adds on ma van get in tuch so we can have a chat abut it.

E-mail me if any one is interested.

30. David says:

i have a very smart gun metal vauxhall grey corsa sxi.
    i am really interested in this, i drive reguarly between lanarkshire and stirling (twice a week) and drive around the city of stirling nearly every day.

31. Daimon Pattinson says:

Im really interested in advertising on my car.

I drive through the city of sunderland to south shields every monday and friday between rush hour and lunch times so any advert on my car will be seen alo.

I also drive from sunderland to scarbourgh every week end visiting friends so theres also alot of advertising there aswell.

32. G W Grumbridge says:

Very interested. Moder C Class. I drive around 600 to 1000 miles a week

33. David Aspray says:

hi been thinking of using my beetle for advertising with logos. would you like to advertise on my classic 1966 beetle

• Francesca says:

Hi there,

I work for Get About Media which is providing lots of opportunites for private drivers to have advertising on their cars.

Thanks, Francesca

34. Laylahmariewilliams says:

I haven’t got a website but got a 207 van which I do. Alot of miles if you wish to contact me here is my number 07585565652

35. Stephen says:

Would anyone be intrested in Advertising on a race car For 2012 session,

The series is covered by MotorTv & Sky Sports.

The car is a John cooper works race car.

We are 2nd in the Championship at the monemt.

Please feel free to contact me.

36. Grzegorz says:

I am very interesting to put an advertising on my car to cut costs. I drive a lot and met all required criterium to get this, I have registered with comm-motion and still wait. Does anybody have any idea who to ask to do it?

37. Liahos says:

Hello Looked at various advertise on your car schemes on the net be very interested in any company willing to pay me £500-£1000 PCM(per calender month) for a full body advertise car wrap regardless of mileage……anyone out there send over an email I’m real serious, are you?

• Hadi says:

Hi! Im a private hire driver waxvall Zafira and i would be interesting having all type of advertising as i do drive 12 hours a day… Look farward to your reply, Thanks,…

38. Anthony Hanley says:

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know, there is a new company launching in the UK later this year – around August/September 2011 – called

Advertise on my Car Ltd

They are launching very soon, a fantastic website – you just register and they set you up with everything – including the printing, advertising and payments.

Keep an eye out – Coming Very Soon!

39. Kamran Taj says:

I am looking a company who pay me£375 or £400 hundred pounds to full advertise on my car .

my contact no:07415141087.

40. anz says:

im sorry to have to say but alot of the sites you provide either dont work or will not return calls or emails,a few months ago you posted an add for advertising on cars? i have a full fleet which i would gladly let out so i emailed both companies they stated they would contact all enquiries within 48 hours its been well over 6 weeks no reply..please dont get me wrong i like the idea of this newsletter however it would be great if the sites stated actually work.thankyou

41. Peter says:

If you are interested in advertising your company, please contact me at:

I have only one veicle and am a private advertiser looking to undercut midlle-man agencies such as

42. Jacq says:

Very good idea, looking into it myself.

To the two or three posters above who are ‘selling’ themselves – you do realise it’s not Moneymagpie who want to advertise on your car?! Go to the right website and post there, ey?

43. colin says:

Has anyone actually been successful in getting this deal and what was the result ?

44. Tracey says:

I registered with comm-motion nearly a year ago and still not heard about anything i use some of the major roads like m25..a13..a12 and such so i think they have had many many apply so with these u may need to be patient. The registration is quite lengthy they need all your info like driving licence and insurance certificate numbers. So i wait in anticipation.

45. Michelle Broadbent says:

Hi im very interested in using my car to advertise. I am a busy full time student who is also a mum. im always driving here and there.

46. Razwana Khan says:

Very interested in this nice earner, hope to hear from you.

47. edel says:

I am intereted in advertising on my car. I’m in the process of buying and insuring it. I live and will be driving my car about 1000 miles a week in Northern Ireland. Do you advertise on cars in Norhtern Ireland ??.

48. Ford Focus Parts says:

Its great that full insurance is provided against any damage to the paintwork of your vehicle caused by the advert’s placement, so you don’t even need to worry if something does happen.

49. kavitha says:

please give me telugu lo details

50. stephen chippendale says:

i am interested in advertising on my car