7 easy ways to make quick cash online

7 easy ways to make quick cash online

Make money online with our seven best online money makers. Although you do need to be cautious, there are lots of ways to make money online now. Here’s the Moneymagpie rundown of the best ways to make quick cash online.

1. Survey and panel websites
  2. Enter online competitions
  3. Cashback websites
  4. Sell your stuff
  5. Get paid to shop
  6. Find lost money
  7. Recommend your friends

1. Make money from online surveys

quick cash onlineCompanies are always looking for user feedback and are willing to pay for your thoughts. Start by signing up to survey sites like Survey Savers and GlobalTestMarket. You’ll earn more if you join three or four survey sites, as you will increase the likelihood of being asked to take part in a survey. SurveySavers gives you a reward worth £5 just for signing up.

Register with a number of good survey sites to maximise your earnings.

But beware…!

A lot of so-called survey sites are just spammers and they only want your details to spam you and sell on to other dodgy types.

N.B. Only go with the online survey companies we suggest – here are the sites we recommend:

It’s worth setting up a separate email address (with Gmail or Hotmail) if you sign up to a lot of survey sites – that way, your normal email address won’t get bombarded with offers of surveys!
quick cash onlineOoh, also, get free goodies to test out for Toluna. They have loads of products they need to have tested so if you sign up for the testing side can get new things every month. Right now, for example, they’re getting people to test out Nivea lip gloss and pots of caviar…yes seriously! So you can see the kind of things you could get to try for nothing.
Click here to join up now and get all these great freebies.

Jasmine says...

Quote 1

Nielsen Online Panel is one of our favourites because you don’t have to really do anything. All you have to do is download their app onto your home computer and you’re automatically entered into a prize draw of up to £30,000.

Quote 2

For more information see our guide to online surveys – it has plenty of useful tips to help you earn the most money.

2. Enter online competitions

quick cash onlineFirst of all sign-up to the Prime Prizes free weekly competitions newsletter. You can win hampers, iPads, Argos vouchers and more. It costs nothing and you get opportunities to win prizes every week.

If you get into the habit of entering competitions of all sorts, you’ll soon find prizes landing on your doorstep.

Incredible as it sounds, you’re more likely to win a big, high-value prize than a smaller prize because fewer people bother to enter the big-prize competitions. This is because most people think they haven’t a chance of winning if the prize is a big one so they don’t go in for it! This means that if you do, you have a higher chance of winning that than you would with a smaller prize. Weird but true.

You do have to exercise a bit of of caution when entering online competitions, but going in for a legitimate competition could net you some great prizes.

Fancy your chances? We’ve got a full article packed with advice and the latest competition news here.

3. Cashback websites

These sites do just what their name suggests. Cashback sites like Top Cashback list all the high-street and online shops they’ve deals with (most feature big names like Boots and Debenhams). If you buy something online via a cashback site rather than go direct to the retailer (whether it’s a phone from O2 or a dress from M&S), you get paid!

Why does a cashback site pay me to shop?

Because the cashback site has sent the shop a customer (you!), the cashback site gets paid a commission by the shop – some of which gets passed on to you.

In short, cashback sites can be a great way to get paid money on something you were going to buy anyway!

Some top cashback sites:

Some sites like Free Fivers will even give you money (in this case £5) just for signing up, and another £5 if you refer a friend.

Cashback sites probably won’t make you a fortune, but if you’re going to buy certain things anyway you might as well earn some money back on your purchases.

We’ve got a full article on cashback websites here.

4. Get selling your things…

There are more ways than ever to turn your trash into cash using the internet.

eBay is probably the best -known site for selling your old stuff (we’ve got a no-nonsense guide to selling on eBay if you’re new to the site) but you might also consider eBid, which has the advantage of letting you list your things for free.

quick cash onlineYou could also check out Gumtree, which has a strong buy and sell section a little like the ‘Classified’ section in your local freesheet. For old books you could try Amazon to reach book lovers everywhere. You might think that you have nothing worth selling but you could be surprised!

It doesn’t just have to be your things that you sell. If you have extra space – like a driveway, garden or spare room – you could earn a respectable sum from renting your spare space. Just remember that if you have a regular income from renting your space, you will probably have to declare this on your tax return forms.

5. Get paid to shop

quick cash onlineGetting paid to shop is surely every Moneymagpie’s dream – and now it’s a reality thanks to Quidco!

Quidco, the UK’s number one cashback and voucher site, features over 3,500 retailers, so you’ll be rewarded no matter what you’re buying.

Quidco is a free, simple and secure service that rewards you for shopping online, on mobile and in-store, with its members making an average of £280 a year!

Click here and get paid to shop.

6. Find lost money

Rather better than odd pennies hiding down the back of the sofa (although these will add up nicely if you put them in a jar!), you can use to search for any dormant accounts you might have. It sounds strange to talk about ‘lost accounts’ but many people will have had accounts opened for them as children, lost the details of an account after moving home or perhaps even inherited the money in an account as a beneficiary of a will. The service is free so you won’t lose anything for checking it out!

If you’re a low earner, a parent or receiving income from a pension you could also be eligible for benefits ranging from regular payments, like Child Tax Credits, to one-off benefits like the Winter Fuel Allowance. The website Turn2us lets you check out whether you’re eligible for any benefits – just enter a couple of details, such as your council tax band and whether you have any savings, and see if you’re entitled to extra cash.

7. Recommend your friends

quick cash onlineGet £6 every time you refer a friend to Groupon.

Each day Groupon offers amazing deals on great things to do, see and eat in cities across the UK. It’s based on ‘group buying power’ – because it can guarantee businesses a minimum number of customers, it can secure amazing discounts for all kinds of things – from restaurants to football match tickets.

Previous deals in London have included £25 for top-price tickets worth £60 to see West End musical Blood Brothers, and £1 to watch films at any Cineworld.

Once you’ve signed up – it’s completely free – you can recommend as many friends as you like, and if any of them go on to sign up, you’ll get £6 for each one who does. Just click the button at the top right-hand corner that says ‘Earn £6 now!’ The money will be credited to your account so you can use it towards your next purchase on the site.

To check out the site and sign up, visit Groupon here.

quick cash onlinePlusnet – Earn by referring

Plusnet has consistently low prices for its broadband and they even cut your bills further if you refer your friends. You’ll get a discount off your monthly bill for every person that joins them on your recommendation, for as long as they are a customer. There’s no limit to the number of people that you can recommend – so you could get your broadband for free.

quick cash online3 Mobile – share up to £90 with a friend

Recommend a friend to 3 Mobile and as a thank you they’ll credit each of your accounts. If your friend goes for a phone you both get £30. If they go for Mobile Broadband you both get £15. If they choose both, that’s £45 each.

Find out lots more ways you can earn by referring here.

Ooh, and…

Don’t forget to sign-up to our newsletter, online, as that is totally FREE and we send you new money-making ideas, links and competitions every week!. Sign up here.

139 responses to “7 easy ways to make quick cash online”

1. jen english says:

There’s some good ideas there, most of which I’ve tried or currently do.

Surveys can be a good way to boost your income but so often I find I get half way through to then be filtered out which is very frustrating as well as a complete waste of time.

Cashback sites are brilliant and something you just have to get into the habit of remembering to use before purchasing.

I enter hundreds of competitions every day but wins are mostly few and far between. It’s very rare that you get a major win so comping should be looked upon as a hobby rather than something for extra income.

I find Facebook is a really good way to sell unwanted bits and pieces and is far cheaper (free) than selling on Ebay which charges the earth these days. There are loads of selling groups in my area and probably in everyone else’s area too. A quick search will find them.

2. sue mc says:

use cashback sites, swap for tesco points & get even more value

3. sian hallewell says:

I tried signing up to some survey sites last year, and thought I’ll try really hard the first month to see whats possible and got about £10. Looks like I signed up to the wrong sites, so will give it another go.

4. Tammy Tudor says:

amazing ideas that I need to try out!

5. Mary L says:

Using cash back sites , when you remember, are a good way of getting free cash

6. Kirsty W says:

I’ve never used cashback sites but I think I’ll start from now on!

7. Alana Walker says:

Great ideas, I love the cashback sites.x

8. Andrew Petrie says:

I use a number of these ideas myself, some with considerable success.I suppose a lot depends on how much spare time you have.

9. Justine Hughes says:

Good article and the fact you list and recommend sites to use is a bonus.

10. Victoria says:

I’m all about cashback sites! Free money! haha! 😀

11. Lisa Williams says:

Such a useful article its nice to have a trusted source of how to make money online rather than the scam emails and facebook post that you see all the time.

12. Jo Young says:

Always sign up for cashback sites, it’s amazing how much money you can save up by purchasing normally!

13. Rebecca Bradley says:

Some great ideas here :)

14. Charlotte Ingham says:

I try and sell my stuff as often as possible, not only for quick cash but to have a declutter as well!

15. Anna says:

I do competitions and surveys but have never got the hang of cashback sites and after reading your feature I really need to give it a go.

16. Suzanne Cooke says:

Cashback sites are great they build up quickly if used correctly.

17. sharon mead says:

covers most of the basics, it is a shame that most people are just to lazy to bother as there are some great savings to be made if you put in the effort

18. Laura says:

Good to have a list of recommended survey sites – thank you

19. David Prince says:

Some great ideas.

20. Lorraine Tinsley says:

I also do surveys for Pinecone and they give me £4, I think new users only get £3 now, but they are quite selective and you need to be invited. I love this article some good ideas

21. Maggie Coates says:

Some good ideas here. I already use Quidco and I already enter competitions.

22. Graeme says:

Some great tips here but survey sites can lead to you getting lots of Spam email unless you tick/untick the boxes about not contacting you.

23. Gill Thomas says:

Using thís site will be a New Years resolution I won’t be breaking, really want to save for a few days away or a real holiday !

24. rupert summerton says:

Lots of good ideas and practical advice

25. Hannahpp says:

There are some really great tips there, some I already do & some I had not thought of!
    Thanks for the tips & the competition :)

26. Claire W says:

Very helpful article;I will certainly be looking at the mylostaccount website as I must have a few accounts I’ve lost track of over the years.

27. Sean Brady says:

Survey sites can be labourous and time consuming. However, if you are OK with answering numerous questions it can be rewarding. I’ve earnt a number of things, including amazon vouchers, for filling out questionaires. MySurvey is my recommendation as the surveys you are doing will throw you out pretty early if you don’t fit the demographic, therefore saving you wasting time for nothing.

28. louise mcnicol says:

All these ideas are great, will be bookmarking this page, 2015 will be my year for saving!

29. Hazel Wright says:

I’ve tried allsorts of these things, after a while you get to know which are worth spending time on and which are not! Its good! Cash back sites in particular are a great way of saving money. I also always search for discount codes before making online purchases. Sometimes they can’t be used in combination with cashback, but its another thing worth checking out before buying anything.

30. liz denial says:

Lots of useful tips here, thanks for the heads up

31. Lorraine Partyn says:

It was good to see a list of the survey companies as I was not aware of all of them. As I am already signed up to a couple of them i find it a great way to earn cash and vouchers for just a little effort. I will now find out how to go about joining some others.

32. Angela Sandhu says:

Use cashback shopping sites

33. Dale Askew says:

I regularly review the deals I’m getting for various utilities and make the most of Cashback websites to increase savings. It helped to cushion the cost of Christmas this year and buys a few luxuries.

34. Lorna Kennedy says:

Using cashback sites is becoming like second nature now, you can save a fortune!

35. Christine Goodall says:

Great advice particularly to set up a specific email account for competitions and surveys, I might try the mystery shopping as well

36. Lucy Robinson says:

Use the cash back sites. Excellent. Especially when you need insurance or something big like sky.

37. claire fawkner says:

Use cashback sites when ordering online! Also always check for discount codes x

38. Sarah Fawcett says:

Thanks for some great tips, I’m a big fan of cash back sites and have earned almost £2k in the last few years purely by clicking through one of these sites – free money, love it!
    I do surveys and competitions and have won some prizes that I would never have otherwise been able to afford and I use eBay to sell all my unwanted things – some things I would have thrown away in the past and have been amazed at what people will buy – one example was a pine wardrobe that had been cut in half to get up our stairs and I made this very clear in my item details – I put it on eBay in the hope someone might buy it for 99p and save me trying to get the thing to the tip – it sold for over £100!!!!
    I wasn’t aware of the site you can use to find old bank accounts so I’m going to give that a go a bit later today!

39. lynn lewer says:

I always use cashback sites, the money really adds after a while

40. Jane Adair says:

Use cashback sites when sopping online.

41. Caroline Clarke says:

Good ideas! My favourite survey site is pinecone research because I get paid £3 for every survey and they only take about 5 minutes. I also get to test items with them, which I have to take a follow-up survey on, which I also receive £3 for!

42. jamie millard says:

switch bank accounts – REGULARLY!

Banks aren’t your friend – they are businesses. If they aren’t giving you extra – switch. Other banks will give you £100-£150 to have your business. Don’t like them? Switch again in a few months – for more £££.

43. Jessica Powell says:

Some great ideas – I particularly like cashback sites. If you have to buy something anyway, it’s a good feeling to be rewarded for it!

44. Zoe says:

These ideas for making extra cash are brilliant, and I participate in a few to earn some extra pocket money. By participating in a few I found which were most suited to me – it’s only by being proactive and getting involved that you can reap the benefits!!….my advice is to go for it!!

I love car boots for buying stuff cheap and then selling for a profit.

46. Donna says:

Cashback websites are a great way of getting something for nothing.

47. things to sell to earn money for school says:

This could mean selling your own information or other peoples but whichever way you decide to
    go this is a real and legitimate way to make
    money online. True, some of these proven ways to make money online, are not as easy, or
    as lucrative as others. There is quite a huge potential online today for such products and
    if you think you can provide good quality and helpful information on any popular topic, you should consider selling it

48. Secondhand buying and selling online – we’re passionate about it all as a great way to recycle, make money, clear the clutter and even make new friends.

49. Before you says:

I agree with ^^^

50. Yannis says:

There’s also Also paying $10 per usability test.