- 13 ways to make and save money from your garden. http://t.co/SPt9C5MvpD #makemoney #savemoney #garden http://t.co/OIHZI4x2vl (20th Aug 2014 - 10:25)
- Students and graduates – get work with Avon today... http://t.co/FjPK4VBlVj #makemoney #job #Avon #selling http://t.co/B5dweItrRs (20th Aug 2014 - 08:20)
- Don’t pay a £1,000 fine. Check out the new car tax rules!: From 1 October 2014 the paper tax disc, first int... http://t.co/j5jbgbUEng (20th Aug 2014 - 07:51)
- Hard work pays off in the future; laziness pays off now. (19th Aug 2014 - 17:26)
- Want to #makemoney from blogging? Take a look at our guide here... https://t.co/XZfu1oiEbY #bbloggers #vloggers #lbloggers (19th Aug 2014 - 17:25)
- Want to know some alternative ways to get your own home? Click here http://t.co/cslZqOuyiY #savmoney #rent #mortgages http://t.co/IlpaF4wXXQ (19th Aug 2014 - 15:40)
- Confused about Junior ISAs? See @Jasmine's quick guide here... https://t.co/7FA13R62l5 #makemoney #savemoney #ISA #Investing (19th Aug 2014 - 13:35)
- Take a look at our 5 ways for mums to make money here... http://t.co/ZQadZI3imG #makemoney #mum #moneymakingideas (19th Aug 2014 - 13:19)
- Whatever age you are there are simple steps you can take to plan ahead for a rich #retirement. See our tips here... http://t.co/qo0OrkX6CE (19th Aug 2014 - 12:25)
- Find out how you can #makemoney making sandwiches here... http://t.co/h5heCmNnuy #makemoney #business #lunch http://t.co/orAdBGtJSG (19th Aug 2014 - 11:25)
- Want to make money from sporting events? Click here to find out how... http://t.co/2cRXUuJP7y (19th Aug 2014 - 09:23)
- Find out how to get cheaper call costs when you’re abroad here... http://t.co/4B5uigdZ3h #savemoney #holiday #cheap http://t.co/5WhThTgkWW (19th Aug 2014 - 09:10)
- RT @AldermoreBank: @Jasmine Your money-making advice makes you one of our savings superheroes: http://t.co/hpHt8Sz3P0 http://t.co/Gsh0tcRTn5 (18th Aug 2014 - 14:34)
- 31 brilliant ways to make and save money this month... http://t.co/1LQOpM5zWp #makemoney #savemoney #august #tips http://t.co/o0ZWHXP76D (15th Aug 2014 - 18:25)
- RT @DWPgovuk: Interested in working in the UK #tourism industry? Find out about the various career paths: http://t.co/kJTwqslj9z (15th Aug 2014 - 16:23)
- Stay safe online. Read our essential guide here... http://t.co/uw504ZG5vC #onlinesafety #fraud #protect http://t.co/pmIUSlmQxe (15th Aug 2014 - 16:15)
- Want to know how to make easy money and beat the banks? Click here http://t.co/4b8hgvO45i #makemoney #savemoney http://t.co/eEecOZQOUc (15th Aug 2014 - 14:10)
- Want to make money right now? Check out our top 10 ways to #makemoney fast http://t.co/NIzsKt7FQ7 #quickcash http://t.co/tpGEqlI7qp (15th Aug 2014 - 12:20)
- Want a #free #ebook jam packed with 50 #moneymaking & #moneysaving tips? Like us here https://t.co/Sw34J3OGx5 #Friday http://t.co/oolEHQ5wiT (15th Aug 2014 - 10:20)
7 easy ways to make quick cash online
Make money online with our seven best online money makers. Although you do need to be cautious, there are lots of ways to make money online now. Here’s the Moneymagpie rundown of the best ways to make quick cash online.
- Survey and panel websites
- Enter online competitions
- Cashback websites
- Sell your stuff
- Get paid to shop
- Find lost money
- Recommend your friends
Companies are always looking for user feedback and are willing to pay for your thoughts. Start by signing up to survey sites like Survey Savers and GlobalTestMarket. You’ll earn more if you join three or four survey sites, as you will increase the likelihood of being asked to take part in a survey. SurveySavers gives you a reward worth £5 just for signing up.
Register with a number of good survey sites to maximise your earnings.
A lot of so-called survey sites are just spammers and they only want your details to spam you and sell on to other dodgy types.
N.B. Only go with the online survey companies we suggest – here are the sites we recommend:
- GFK MediaView
- Opinion Outpost
- Opinion people
- Valued Opinions
- Inbox Pounds
- Survey Downline
- Mingle Panel
- Springboard Panel
- Harris Poll Online
- Sweets for Free
First of all sign-up to the Prime Prizes free weekly competitions newsletter. You can win hampers, iPads, Argos vouchers and more. It costs nothing and you get opportunities to win prizes every week.
If you get into the habit of entering competitions of all sorts, you’ll soon find prizes landing on your doorstep.
Incredible as it sounds, you’re more likely to win a big, high-value prize than a smaller prize because fewer people bother to enter the big-prize competitions. This is because most people think they haven’t a chance of winning if the prize is a big one so they don’t go in for it! This means that if you do, you have a higher chance of winning that than you would with a smaller prize. Weird but true.
You do have to exercise a bit of of caution when entering online competitions, but going in for a legitimate competition could net you some great prizes.
Get new money-making secrets every week for free. Signup here now!
These sites do just what their name suggests. Cashback sites like Top Cashback list all the high-street and online shops they’ve deals with (most feature big names like Boots and Debenhams). If you buy something online via a cashback site rather than go direct to the retailer (whether it’s a phone from O2 or a dress from M&S), you get paid!
Why does a cashback site pay me to shop?
Because the cashback site has sent the shop a customer (you!), the cashback site gets paid a commission by the shop – some of which gets passed on to you.
In short, cashback sites can be a great way to get paid money on something you were going to buy anyway!
Some top cashback sites:
Some sites like Free Fivers will even give you money (in this case £5) just for signing up, and another £5 if you refer a friend.
Cashback sites probably won’t make you a fortune, but if you’re going to buy certain things anyway you might as well earn some money back on your purchases.
We’ve got a full article on cashback websites here.
There are more ways than ever to turn your trash into cash using the internet.
eBay is probably the best -known site for selling your old stuff (we’ve got a no-nonsense guide to selling on eBay if you’re new to the site) but you might also consider eBid, which has the advantage of letting you list your things for free.
You could also check out Gumtree, which has a strong buy and sell section a little like the ‘Classified’ section in your local freesheet. For old books you could try Amazon to reach book lovers everywhere. You might think that you have nothing worth selling but you could be surprised!
It doesn’t just have to be your things that you sell. If you have extra space – like a driveway, garden or spare room – you could earn a respectable sum from renting your spare space. Just remember that if you have a regular income from renting your space, you will probably have to declare this on your tax return forms.
Getting paid to shop is surely every Moneymagpie’s dream – and now it’s a reality thanks to Quidco!
Rather better than odd pennies hiding down the back of the sofa (although these will add up nicely if you put them in a jar!), you can use Mylostaccount.org.uk to search for any dormant accounts you might have. It sounds strange to talk about ‘lost accounts’ but many people will have had accounts opened for them as children, lost the details of an account after moving home or perhaps even inherited the money in an account as a beneficiary of a will. The service is free so you won’t lose anything for checking it out!
If you’re a low earner, a parent or receiving income from a pension you could also be eligible for benefits ranging from regular payments, like Child Tax Credits, to one-off benefits like the Winter Fuel Allowance. The website Turn2us lets you check out whether you’re eligible for any benefits – just enter a couple of details, such as your council tax band and whether you have any savings, and see if you’re entitled to extra cash.
Get £6 every time you refer a friend to Groupon.
Each day Groupon offers amazing deals on great things to do, see and eat in cities across the UK. It’s based on ‘group buying power’ – because it can guarantee businesses a minimum number of customers, it can secure amazing discounts for all kinds of things – from restaurants to football match tickets.
Previous deals in London have included £25 for top-price tickets worth £60 to see West End musical Blood Brothers, and £1 to watch films at any Cineworld.
Once you’ve signed up – it’s completely free – you can recommend as many friends as you like, and if any of them go on to sign up, you’ll get £6 for each one who does. Just click the button at the top right-hand corner that says ‘Earn £6 now!’ The money will be credited to your account so you can use it towards your next purchase on the site.
To check out the site and sign up, visit Groupon here.
Plusnet has consistently low prices for its broadband and they even cut your bills further if you refer your friends. You’ll get a discount off your monthly bill for every person that joins them on your recommendation, for as long as they are a customer. There’s no limit to the number of people that you can recommend – so you could get your broadband for free.
Recommend a friend to 3 Mobile and as a thank you they’ll credit each of your accounts. If your friend goes for a phone you both get £30. If they go for Mobile Broadband you both get £15. If they choose both, that’s £45 each.
Find out lots more ways you can earn by referring here.
Don’t forget to sign-up to our newsletter, online, as that is totally FREE and we send you new money-making ideas, links and competitions every week!. Sign up here.