- Jasmine: People who were told to think about their own mortality were more receptive to the idea of having cosmetic surgery than those who weren't (11th Jun 2013 - 18:05)
- Jasmine: @mcrcommuter Good point - it usually gets passed on to us (11th Jun 2013 - 17:49)
- Jasmine: @ajmajid Yes. I don't understand young people taking up smoking - makes no sense! (11th Jun 2013 - 17:48)
- Jasmine: effects of passive smoking on children costs the NHS £23m a year by causing 300,000 GP visits and 9,500 hospital admissions. (11th Jun 2013 - 17:41)
- Jasmine: RT @EdConwaySky: The financial nitroglycerine buried under the Bank of England. Quick blog: http://t.co/P18zbR4KtQ (11th Jun 2013 - 15:50)
- Jasmine: @pinkiejones Actually yes, they probably are! (11th Jun 2013 - 15:00)
- Jasmine: @iansearle lol! (11th Jun 2013 - 15:00)
- Jasmine: @photostrada Sadly, yes! (11th Jun 2013 - 13:28)
- Jasmine: @will_becker True! (11th Jun 2013 - 13:27)
- Jasmine: @pensionschamp Interesting! (11th Jun 2013 - 12:29)
- Jasmine: @neiljamesh Certainly looks like it± (11th Jun 2013 - 12:28)
- Jasmine: @emmalporter Yes, prob too expensive too (11th Jun 2013 - 12:27)
- Jasmine: 10% of secondary pupils think tomatoes grow underground (11th Jun 2013 - 12:27)
- Jasmine: 29% of primary school pupils think cheese comes from plants; 1 in 5 think main ingredient in fish fingers is chicken; (11th Jun 2013 - 12:27)
- Jasmine: @pensionschamp I wonder! (11th Jun 2013 - 11:57)
- Jasmine: @pensionschamp Good point! I'm slipping - yes, ultimately it will cost us! (11th Jun 2013 - 11:56)
- Jasmine: Not one office in the Shard is being rented; its only occupants are a restaurant and a viewing gallery (72 storeys empty) (11th Jun 2013 - 11:55)
- Jasmine: RT @liamdutton: A wet few days lie ahead as areas of low pressure form an orderly queue to the SW of the UK - http://t.co/iTGWklTamm (11th Jun 2013 - 11:55)
- Jasmine: Around 50 per cent of all whiplash claims arising from car crashes are fraudulent - costs the industry £1 billion a year (11th Jun 2013 - 11:50)
- Jasmine: RT @scaryduck: Vladimir Putin's getting a divorce. I think that's all his midlife crisis boxes ticked http://t.co/0tUQUpMRzF (7th Jun 2013 - 08:35)
Luckily for me, everyone likes a cute dog
March 12, 2012
I love a webinar, in fact I’m getting quite addicted to them. A webinar is an online seminar you do from the sofa, preferably with a cuppa and a biscuit to hand. Many of them are free, even if they are trying to sell you something at the end of it. You can learn a lot in an hour.
If you have a blog, I recommend you sign up for Authority Blogger www.authorityblogger.com run by Chris Garrett, a stand up Yorkshireman now living in Calgary. You can sit back and learn a lot from Chris’s dulcet tones. In the end I signed up, and paid for, his Authority Blogger course and I’ve seen increased sales because of it.
I did one with James Wedmore a couple of weeks ago on marketing using YouTube. At the end of it I came away with a YouTube cheat sheet which laid out the fundamentals of how to make YouTube videos work for you using keyword optimisation and a few simple rules (keep it short!)
I asked customers to send me in footage shot on their phones of their dogs eating treats I’d sent out to them. And this is one of the results (see below).
Now I have my own YouTube channel (a grand expression for 8 videos uploaded) and they’re sending traffic to my site. I also embedded each video into the product page of the particular treat the dogs are eating so customers get an idea of whether a dog likes it or not and what size the treat is. I shared them on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest. They were repinned pretty quickly.
So give it a go. You never know how a video can contribute to your sales, or just the feel good factor it gives people. What you’re aiming for is to be at the forefront of people’s minds so when they’re ready to purchase it’s you then come to. It’s great for customer engagement too and you have a laugh while you’re at it.
As I said, I’m lucky people like dogs so much. If it’s widgets you sell you’re going to have to work at making it quirky enough to be passed around the net but that’s half the fun.