- Jasmine: People who were told to think about their own mortality were more receptive to the idea of having cosmetic surgery than those who weren't (11th Jun 2013 - 18:05)
- Jasmine: @mcrcommuter Good point - it usually gets passed on to us (11th Jun 2013 - 17:49)
- Jasmine: @ajmajid Yes. I don't understand young people taking up smoking - makes no sense! (11th Jun 2013 - 17:48)
- Jasmine: effects of passive smoking on children costs the NHS £23m a year by causing 300,000 GP visits and 9,500 hospital admissions. (11th Jun 2013 - 17:41)
- Jasmine: RT @EdConwaySky: The financial nitroglycerine buried under the Bank of England. Quick blog: http://t.co/P18zbR4KtQ (11th Jun 2013 - 15:50)
- Jasmine: @pinkiejones Actually yes, they probably are! (11th Jun 2013 - 15:00)
- Jasmine: @iansearle lol! (11th Jun 2013 - 15:00)
- Jasmine: @photostrada Sadly, yes! (11th Jun 2013 - 13:28)
- Jasmine: @will_becker True! (11th Jun 2013 - 13:27)
- Jasmine: @pensionschamp Interesting! (11th Jun 2013 - 12:29)
- Jasmine: @neiljamesh Certainly looks like it± (11th Jun 2013 - 12:28)
- Jasmine: @emmalporter Yes, prob too expensive too (11th Jun 2013 - 12:27)
- Jasmine: 10% of secondary pupils think tomatoes grow underground (11th Jun 2013 - 12:27)
- Jasmine: 29% of primary school pupils think cheese comes from plants; 1 in 5 think main ingredient in fish fingers is chicken; (11th Jun 2013 - 12:27)
- Jasmine: @pensionschamp I wonder! (11th Jun 2013 - 11:57)
- Jasmine: @pensionschamp Good point! I'm slipping - yes, ultimately it will cost us! (11th Jun 2013 - 11:56)
- Jasmine: Not one office in the Shard is being rented; its only occupants are a restaurant and a viewing gallery (72 storeys empty) (11th Jun 2013 - 11:55)
- Jasmine: RT @liamdutton: A wet few days lie ahead as areas of low pressure form an orderly queue to the SW of the UK - http://t.co/iTGWklTamm (11th Jun 2013 - 11:55)
- Jasmine: Around 50 per cent of all whiplash claims arising from car crashes are fraudulent - costs the industry £1 billion a year (11th Jun 2013 - 11:50)
- Jasmine: RT @scaryduck: Vladimir Putin's getting a divorce. I think that's all his midlife crisis boxes ticked http://t.co/0tUQUpMRzF (7th Jun 2013 - 08:35)
Easy Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake
June 10, 2013
Yes, you’re right. Do chocolate and lemon go? Plus there are even more flavours here, with fresh strawberries on top and a damson jam glaze. I made this at the weekend for guests – didn’t get to taste it myself – but everyone’s been asking me for the recipe, so it must be good. The kids loved it too, so it’s a cheap, family crowd-pleaser. No expensive ingredients at all.
Recipe: Easy Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake
Ingredients: (serves 8)
400g pack dark chocolate digestives
100g butter, melted
2 x 200g cream cheese (full fat soft cheese, or you can use low fat)
5 tbsp lemon curd
1 tsp vanilla extract
400g strawberries (optional)
2 tbsp jam (optional – I used damson but apricot, strawberry, raspberry etc would do)
Method: Whizz the biscuits in a blender till they’re rough breadcrumbs – don’t make them too fine but check for big lumps (ie almost whole biscuits) that for some reason don’t get zapped. Mix with the melted butter and press into a lined 25cm cake tin (I use the pre-cut and pleated greaseproof paper liners, but clingfilm would do). Chill in the fridge. Beat the cream cheese to get out any lumps and also to break down the blocky-rectangle shape that it comes out of the tub in. Mix through the lemon curd and vanilla. Spread evenly over the biscuit base. You can stop here and this will be a lovely cheesecake, but here are the decoration instructions: hull the strawberries and quarter. Arrange over the cheesecake. Warm the jam in the microwave for 20 seconds or so and then thin down with a tablespoon of hot water. Glaze the strawberries, using a pastry brush. Chill further and serve. This will keep happily in the fridge for a few hours (ie no need to decorate and glaze just before serving).
Almost Free MarmaladeA while back I bought a mini ornamental orange tree (well, it's a
Cherry Almond ShortbreadI have become obsessed with frozen cherries of late. And frozen fruit of all kinds. I even switched my online...
Gourmet SmoothiesI'm not one to eat breakfast on the run. I subscribe to the adage: if you have to work before you eat breakfast,...
Never Eat Shredded WheatThis is the old saying to remind you of the points of the compass: North-South-East-West. And having recently...