- Moneymagpie: RT @Jasmine: Spend £15 or more in Boots over the long weekend and receive 10 Advantage Card points per £1 you spend (24th May 2013 - 16:33)
- Moneymagpie: Check out these 10 easy ways to make quick cash...http://t.co/4zqCKZsU7a … #makemoney #savemoney #quickcash #cash #money (24th May 2013 - 16:25)
- Moneymagpie: Take a look at our 31 brilliant #money making and money #saving #ideas. One for every single day of this month. http://t.co/fcR4MT7e60 … (24th May 2013 - 16:23)
- Moneymagpie: Why not try to detox your finances this weekend. Find out how here... http://t.co/QAXrJ2RxHt … #finance #detox #budget #spending #weekend (24th May 2013 - 14:28)
- Moneymagpie: Improve your driving skills for cheaper car insurance. Find out how here... http://t.co/ePtXHNDccr #insurance #savemoney #cheapinsurance (24th May 2013 - 12:37)
- Moneymagpie: @Don03462790 No, as far as we know it's a one-off. (24th May 2013 - 10:56)
- Moneymagpie: Cute picture. Just because it's Friday! #cute #animal #baby #cutepicture #friday (24th May 2013 - 10:17)
- Moneymagpie: Find out how to make money by answering the phone here. http://t.co/7ikMhHDzwA #makemoney #howto #mobile #telephone #callcentre #money #job (24th May 2013 - 10:12)
- Moneymagpie: Free money – you might have inherited money you didn’t know about!: I’ve just been talking to a journalist at ... http://t.co/oMCrR0HGMb (24th May 2013 - 08:06)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Free money - you might have inherited money you didn't know about! - http://t.co/IfI8qvv8jD (24th May 2013 - 07:54)
- Moneymagpie: We have a very special giveaway for you! Get £20 petrol for a tenner. Be quick, though, as there are only limited... http://t.co/Mel5PC1jrF (23rd May 2013 - 17:25)
- Moneymagpie: Do you want to reduce your outgoings and save over £1,000 a year? Of course you do! Find out how here... http://t.co/xuTF1qvaAj #savemoney (23rd May 2013 - 16:31)
- Moneymagpie: Can I resell #airline and #train #tickets? Have you ever asked yourself this #question. If so here is the #answer... http://t.co/KiMevJlbIf (23rd May 2013 - 13:52)
- Moneymagpie: OFFER! Get £20 #petrol for a tenner. Only 100,000 vouchers so be quick! Claim your #voucher here... http://t.co/JQdEExW6CY #deal #bargain (23rd May 2013 - 11:20)
- Moneymagpie: It’s OK to try to look appealing forever: Labour’s Harriet Harman cites interesting but not surprising new fig... http://t.co/69Ncy07knw (23rd May 2013 - 10:38)
- Moneymagpie: Want to lose weight? Read our tips on low-cost ways to lose weight here... http://t.co/E9qVRrYTq9 #savemoney #lowcost #loseweight #healthy (23rd May 2013 - 10:30)
- Moneymagpie: New article! It's OK to try to look appealing forever - http://t.co/UFGGmNstpy (23rd May 2013 - 10:26)
- Moneymagpie: FREE £10 fuel voucher!: We’re bringing you this very special giveaway courtesy of Shell and Mighty Deals – a £... http://t.co/civOimAklI (23rd May 2013 - 09:24)
- Moneymagpie: New article! FREE £10 fuel voucher! - http://t.co/xFSbjntJwU (23rd May 2013 - 09:21)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Cheapest flights - http://t.co/HbvWdkkBj5 (23rd May 2013 - 08:53)
Free money – you might have inherited money you didn’t know about!
May 24, 2013
I’ve just been talking to a journalist at the Sunday Herald in Scotland about the amount of ‘free money’ lying around in bank accounts, down sofas and in pensions and investments we’d forgotten about or never knew.
It’s just just old savings accounts we’ve forgotten about or premium bonds we lost. There are lots more pots of money we could have stashed away without realising or remembering, as we show in this article about getting free money!
No, there could even be insurance policies, shares and other investments that you inherited and you didn’t realise. Do go through all the links in our article and get in touch with those agencies. You never know!
Having said that, don’t bank on an inheritance! Apparently the majority of Brits ‘expect’ to receive inheritance from their parents – but in reality four in 10 won’t get a penny, according to new research from Skipton Building Society.
The findings showed that while 75 per cent of people aged 20 to 35 hope to get a nice little nest egg when their parents pass away, they look set to be very disappointed. In fact, the average person assumes they’ll get in the region of £78,000 when mum and dad pass on, so are in for quite a shock. A fifth of children over the age of 20 are hoping their parent’s wealth will sort out all of their money problems, and have completely shelved all financial plans for the future as a result.
As it happens, 49% of parents aged 50 and over have already had to dip into their savings to get by. And 4 in 10 have already been giving their children hand-outs to help them with college fees, driving lessons and rent payments.
So frankly I think it’s time people just assumed they are not going to get anything from the aged p’s and just got on with saving for themselves. If you do end up getting a bit of an inheritance then that’s just a bonus. Lovely!
"Jasmine's Column" ARCHIVE
So you think you’ve done a bad interview?…...and you're not getting the job. Well I bet you weren't as bad as these people! Check out this top 20 worst...
Get your wardrobe sorted for the summerIt's that time of year when I'm agonising over whether to switch my winter and summer clothes over now or wait until...
How to do a proper ‘out of office’I'm in the USA at the moment and I'm not at my computer very much so I've finally managed to work out how to do an 'out...
Luxury for less at Dukes HotelIf you would like a bit of luxury in central London for less than you would expect,