- Jasmine: RT @garwboy: I thought Dan Brown's new book had a tighter narrative but obscene product placement. Turns out I was reading Argos catalogue (21st May 2013 - 23:32)
- Jasmine: @Don03462790 Thanks for the RT! (21st May 2013 - 23:26)
- Jasmine: @FaizAhmedChohan Thanks for the RT! (21st May 2013 - 23:26)
- Moneymagpie: Make money collecting Bakelite: In its heyday, it was known as the ‘material of a thousand uses’, beloved of j... http://t.co/IxxcCtynRM (21st May 2013 - 18:13)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Make money collecting Bakelite - http://t.co/3meXENPSbk (21st May 2013 - 17:42)
- Moneymagpie: Find out 50 ways to #savemoney by being green here... http://t.co/ndHKaMazAI #environment #greenliving #recycle #green (21st May 2013 - 16:17)
- Jasmine: @NeilMullarkey Thanks for RT! (21st May 2013 - 14:46)
- Moneymagpie: Find out how to invest when you don’t know anything here... http://t.co/u3IvK0pnkH #invest #savemoney #makemoney #investing #finance #guide (21st May 2013 - 14:20)
- Moneymagpie: #COMPETITION: #Win a Samsung Galaxy S3! Competition closes on Wednesday 22 May, so hurry and get your entry in now! http://t.co/uzp0P0UB1l (21st May 2013 - 14:18)
- Jasmine: Fab, the Moneymagpie newsletter is out (after a hiaitus last week!) http://t.co/qTdtYhcHOU (21st May 2013 - 14:08)
- Jasmine: @priteshpatel9 Yes, and expectations are higher when pp are paying. Not so bad when it was paid for by the govt! (21st May 2013 - 14:01)
- Jasmine: @patrickphilpott true! (21st May 2013 - 14:01)
- Moneymagpie: Find out 5 easy ways to make money in your lunch hour here... http://t.co/vdIO8uiEp0 #makemoney #lunch #ideas #food (21st May 2013 - 12:07)
- Moneymagpie: Can I resell airline and train tickets?: If you want to sell a plane ticket that you suddenly don’t need you m... http://t.co/cCQnqX5MCi (21st May 2013 - 10:20)
- Moneymagpie: Want to know what does a good travel insurance policy look like? Find out here... http://t.co/GNbOcvWw5q #savemoney #travel #insurance (21st May 2013 - 10:11)
- Moneymagpie: So you think you’ve done a bad interview?…: …and you’re not getting the job. Well I bet you weren’t as bad as ... http://t.co/DsL7jOzSJJ (21st May 2013 - 09:09)
- Jasmine: Almost one in three first year students at UK universities say their courses are not good value (21st May 2013 - 08:54)
- Moneymagpie: New article! So you think you've done a bad interview?... - http://t.co/BN6Kp6AteU (21st May 2013 - 08:01)
- Moneymagpie: Get your wardrobe sorted for the summer: It’s that time of year when I’m agonising over whether to switch my w... http://t.co/L0RvqxtcLU (21st May 2013 - 07:56)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Get your wardrobe sorted for the summer - http://t.co/3n7oAip3bR (21st May 2013 - 07:55)
- Jasmine: No! Justin Beiber's 'Baby' is biggest-selling (inc downloads, streaming etc) record of all time. aaaaaaaaaaaaagh! (20th May 2013 - 17:57)
- Jasmine: @Poorlybee :) x #havingarickastleymomentkeepittoyourself (20th May 2013 - 17:53)
- Jasmine: @ESTargetParking you certainly will :) (20th May 2013 - 17:52)
- Jasmine: @brtoon yup, that's what I always say about it #lottery (20th May 2013 - 17:52)
- Jasmine: @Poorlybee lol! :) (20th May 2013 - 16:15)
- Moneymagpie: Read our 14 magic ways to get rich in 2013 here...http://t.co/LDoqIpjlyt #makemoney #getrich #money #magic #cash (20th May 2013 - 16:09)
- Moneymagpie: New tax credits scam to watch out for: Do you receive tax credits? If so you must be on the alert for scam ema... http://t.co/Xv03WexRaV (20th May 2013 - 15:52)
- Jasmine: @Poorlybee thanks for RT! x (20th May 2013 - 15:48)
- Moneymagpie: New article! New tax credits scam to watch out for - http://t.co/jUNHTnWYtS (20th May 2013 - 15:46)
- Jasmine: RT @Moneymagpie: 31 brilliant #money making and money #saving #ideas. One for every day of this month. http://t.co/86JJF8klDJ … (20th May 2013 - 15:17)
- Jasmine: @brtoon oh dear! Well, I hope you win something some time (20th May 2013 - 14:31)
- Moneymagpie: Find out our 12 ways to feed your family for less here... http://t.co/fcljLIETAM #savemoney #family #food #tips #advice #save #money (20th May 2013 - 14:13)
- Jasmine: How awful. Lottery ticket sales hit an all time high of £6.9billion last year. (20th May 2013 - 12:54)
- Jasmine: There will be more mobile subscriptions than people in the world by the end of next year, a/c UN (20th May 2013 - 12:37)
- Jasmine: Is this tweet masquerading as a Twitter opinion poll actually a shameless attempt to get more followers? RT: Yes Favourite: No (20th May 2013 - 12:33)
- Moneymagpie: How many mobile handsets must a human have?!: A stray news item piqued my interest a few days ago, one statist... http://t.co/5RqR0dHG3L (20th May 2013 - 12:26)
- Moneymagpie: Take a look at our 31 brilliant #money making and money #saving #ideas. One for every single day of this month. http://t.co/fcR4MT7e60 … (20th May 2013 - 12:12)
- Moneymagpie: New article! How many mobile handsets must a human have?! - http://t.co/A7Q0eyySrw (20th May 2013 - 11:55)
- Moneymagpie: What does a good travel insurance policy look like?: Holiday bookings are expected to soar this season. If you... http://t.co/ohqmlbwnZX (20th May 2013 - 11:16)
- Jasmine: RT @Clevervideos: This is wonderful. A whole kid's orchestra with instruments made from landfill junk. http://t.co/FcJNDILpZQ (19th May 2013 - 20:22)
Bed head – how to look like you’ve had 8 hours kip
March 6, 2012
Poor Victoria Beckham, it’s not that often I feel sorry for the posh one but when we saw pictures of her looking absolutely knackered I wanted to give her a hug.
You don’t have to have young children to look like you have a good night’s sleep – although small children and eight hours of sleep (a night) are not normally mutually exclusive.
Water – being dehydrated can give you a slight pallor (I don’t know why) but sipping water can help.
If you can’t stomach water try something like squash, those with added Vitamin C are great because . I like Marks and Spencer’s Cranberry and Raspberry high juice squash, it’s got no added sweetners or colourings in it. It does have sugar but that’s why it tastes no nice. That or Ribena.
Power naps – 20 minutes at lunch time can take the edge off your tiredness – but no longer otherwise you’ll slip into a deeper sleep and feel really groggy afterwards, plus you may not sleep so well later on.
Daylight – a brisk walk or jog (even if you are feeling knackered) can bring a bit of colour back into your face. If you have little ones stick them in the pram and go out for a walk. Not only does mild exercise get much-needed oxygen into your body it can also help you sleep better.
A multi vitamin can help – I’ve found vitamin C and vitamin B supplements got me and my skin through the worst of the full time paid working, full time mum bit – but get your GP’s advice first.
If all else fails
Tinted moisteriser or a BB cream. These can do a double job of giving you a bit of colour and some soothing moisture. Dermalogica does a lovely one and I also like Laura Mercier bu. We also like Garnier’s BB cream is also great.
Oh and Mac has a wonderful strobe cream with green tea extract in it, which can give you a bit of a zing too.
Caffeine – but only in the morning. A bit of (fresh) coffee never did anyone any harm, but avoid drinking in the afternoon or you’ll never get any sleep!
* We have to thank the lovely people at Cravendale for helping track down a Kermit the Frog backpack for Imogen. She totally loves it.
Apparently the backpack is worth£1,000 and is already a collectors item (that’ll be one thing that stays on Immy’s ‘special’ shelf.
You can collect tokens via Cravendale milk, see Milk Matters for more detials.