- Moneymagpie: We have a very special giveaway for you! Get £20 petrol for a tenner. Be quick, though, as there are only limited... http://t.co/Mel5PC1jrF (23rd May 2013 - 17:25)
- Moneymagpie: Do you want to reduce your outgoings and save over £1,000 a year? Of course you do! Find out how here... http://t.co/xuTF1qvaAj #savemoney (23rd May 2013 - 16:31)
- Moneymagpie: Can I resell #airline and #train #tickets? Have you ever asked yourself this #question. If so here is the #answer... http://t.co/KiMevJlbIf (23rd May 2013 - 13:52)
- Moneymagpie: OFFER! Get £20 #petrol for a tenner. Only 100,000 vouchers so be quick! Claim your #voucher here... http://t.co/JQdEExW6CY #deal #bargain (23rd May 2013 - 11:20)
- Moneymagpie: It’s OK to try to look appealing forever: Labour’s Harriet Harman cites interesting but not surprising new fig... http://t.co/69Ncy07knw (23rd May 2013 - 10:38)
- Moneymagpie: Want to lose weight? Read our tips on low-cost ways to lose weight here... http://t.co/E9qVRrYTq9 #savemoney #lowcost #loseweight #healthy (23rd May 2013 - 10:30)
- Moneymagpie: New article! It's OK to try to look appealing forever - http://t.co/UFGGmNstpy (23rd May 2013 - 10:26)
- Moneymagpie: FREE £10 fuel voucher!: We’re bringing you this very special giveaway courtesy of Shell and Mighty Deals – a £... http://t.co/civOimAklI (23rd May 2013 - 09:24)
- Moneymagpie: New article! FREE £10 fuel voucher! - http://t.co/xFSbjntJwU (23rd May 2013 - 09:21)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Cheapest flights - http://t.co/HbvWdkkBj5 (23rd May 2013 - 08:53)
- Moneymagpie: We've a really special deal to send anyone on our newsletter list tomorrow so make sure you're signed up (for free!) http://t.co/WfxSWX0ZIe (22nd May 2013 - 16:56)
- Moneymagpie: Want to make money right now? Then check out Moneymagpie’s most popular article ever here… http://t.co/4zqCKZsU7a #makemoney #savemoney (22nd May 2013 - 16:47)
- Moneymagpie: Take a look at our 44 ideas to make extra money here... http://t.co/NK4W1S0nHw #makemoney #extracash #money #parttimejob #job #moneytips (22nd May 2013 - 15:00)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Find out how to make money collecting Bakelite here... http://t.co/dbbaFmYKzd #makemoney #collecting #bakelite #cash #collect (22nd May 2013 - 13:09)
- Moneymagpie: Read our new Rip-off Britain column about the latest job scams here... http://t.co/2ugcqyV5Ke #scam #column #jobs (22nd May 2013 - 13:05)
- Moneymagpie: More job scams: I’ve been hearing about yet more scam job posts on internet sites (particularly sites like Cra... http://t.co/Z4XzyaSqLQ (22nd May 2013 - 10:23)
- Moneymagpie: How to live on half your salary in 5 easy steps http://t.co/JtK4c4LXUJ #savemoney #save #salary #stepbystep #bills (22nd May 2013 - 10:05)
- Moneymagpie: New article! More job scams - http://t.co/aaqt0salyY (22nd May 2013 - 07:41)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Make money collecting Bakelite - http://t.co/3meXENPSbk (21st May 2013 - 17:42)
- Moneymagpie: Find out 50 ways to #savemoney by being green here... http://t.co/ndHKaMazAI #environment #greenliving #recycle #green (21st May 2013 - 16:17)
Can I do spring’s brights on the cheap? You bet I can
February 24, 2012
For years my dress-code has been black, black and more black.
The only items in my wardrobe that are not black are my jeans (and I’ve even got a couple of black pairs of those too).
However, it may surprise you I’ve not actually been a fan of wearing black for a while. In fact after having my daughter three years ago I’ve made a decision to steer myself away from black. My guess is that shopping for a toddler girl has brought out my inner ‘girlie’ and I no longer want to blend into the wallpaper or look like a jumped up fashionista. But nor do I want to make a fool of myself with garish colours that might upset colleagues/other mums/my family.
I’ve been looking for a chance to add some brights into my wardrobe – without spending large amounts of cash. Last autumn I kept a copy of the Boden catalogue because I particularly wanted a pair of brightly coloured skinny jeans. I didn’t have the money to treat myself but kept looking at the pictures all the same.
So when I saw these pink jeans in Tesco – I had to buy them. I’ve bought the odd item of clothing from Florence and Fred. To be honest Tesco clothes don’t last that long – and as you already know I favour vintage clothes because they are not only well made but they also mean we can do our bit to help the planet.
Now I’m not going to do the whole hog with the bright thing, not yet, but I do have my eye on an orange long-sleeved top, which I’m hoping will be reduced in the sale.
So for the moment my pink jeans will be worn with my faded Madonna Top Shop t-shirt, Jesire beige rain mac (all bought in charity shops) and teamed with Jigsaw cowboy boots (bought in 2004 and still going strong).
And here goes, 41 years old and my first pink jeans… Let us know what brights you are wearing this spring!