- RT via @ImmediatePR1 : Talented creatives of the #Twitter world - this is a must read: http://t.co/Q3ZK5nfkqx @moneymagpie @kkmpx - (30th Sep 2014 - 13:31)
- It's #October tomorrow. Find out how to #makemoney & #savemoney every day in October here... http://t.co/2Y6QBpDIAu http://t.co/dEdmgtt5sk (30th Sep 2014 - 12:06)
- RT @ArmyInLondon: You have until end of the week to choose our new cover photo, the picture with the most RTs wins http://t.co/Jy867TVSUT (30th Sep 2014 - 11:20)
- Our FREE #Newsletter is out today so make sure you don't miss out and sign up here... http://t.co/S1iifO7e4t #free http://t.co/Cemk6jowDA (30th Sep 2014 - 09:48)
- Make money and save money every day this October: October’s here and that means summer is officially over! Eve... http://t.co/mG73qEJgE0 (30th Sep 2014 - 08:13)
- Avoid a £1,000 fine by reading this... http://t.co/nnJBJv3OAZ #cartax #newrules #October http://t.co/ktZqa9KRgx (29th Sep 2014 - 16:25)
- 5 secrets for improving your credit history. Read more here... http://t.co/R5U7JXapjl #makemoney #credit #loan http://t.co/62SBNp4Z5W (29th Sep 2014 - 14:35)
- @conveyancing_uk Just email marc.crosby at http://t.co/HSziCUIDpe and he will give you prices (29th Sep 2014 - 10:55)
- Make and save money from renting. Find out how here... http://t.co/4d7Qf19fzr #makemoney #savemoney #renting http://t.co/E4tMbKhtwC (29th Sep 2014 - 10:01)
- Save £1,000s a year – stop drinking alcohol: Yes, seriously, even ordinary levels of alcohol consumption cos... http://t.co/aPCssv2KC7 (29th Sep 2014 - 09:49)
- RT @FubarRadio: Pension tax, ALDI profits & HMRC next. @Jasmine from http://t.co/trnwgVJSJ4 joins @mrmarkdolan http://t.co/UFvKR3oYPf (29th Sep 2014 - 09:09)
- Oil’s well for Xmas: Yes I said it, Christmas. But it is almost October, the kids are long back in school and ... http://t.co/DpoDQ35JTz (29th Sep 2014 - 08:41)
- Start #Monday by making some money. Click here to find out how... http://t.co/rAFpZRdcer http://t.co/FBRoRrqZVN #makemoney #onlinesurveys (29th Sep 2014 - 08:05)
- What should you do with a windfall? @Jasmine gives her advice here... http://t.co/tn1Nbcid0V #savemoney #windfall #tips (28th Sep 2014 - 18:35)
- Use your hobbies to make money. We have loads of ideas here http://t.co/InPHis0I1x #makemoney #hobbies #parttime #job http://t.co/se6rmpJfmD (28th Sep 2014 - 16:40)
- The benefits problem: All decent governments struggle with this one, it doesn’t matter what party they’re fr... http://t.co/niqaBcocmj (28th Sep 2014 - 15:24)
Get some fabby savvy money-saving tips!
August 12, 2012
I’m judging the Nectar Savvy Family competition on Friday.
There are amazing prizes on offer -
- Four easyJet flights
- £500 Sainsbury’s gift card
- A year’s Home Care policy from British Gas
- £500 from BP to spend on fuel
- A week’s car hire in Europe from Hertz
- £500 Vision Express gift card
- A Wii console package from American Express
- 50,000 Nectar points
…so it’s worth it for the 8 families involved. I wouldn’t mind those prizes myself!
So the families are busy filling their blogs with loads of money-saving ideas.
For example, the Yates family from Cumbria has been gathering free food from the hedgerows and having a great family day out doing it (for free of course!).
The Augrandjean family also get free food, this time by mystery shopping. You know how much of an advocate I am of mystery shopping because it’s such a great way of getting food for free. We even have a mystery shopping ebook, we’re that into it!
The Dingwall family very sensibly share childcare and entertainment with friends and family. This is so helpful in so many areas of our lives. If we can share and help each other out, everyone wins!
The Cumbo family’s nan is a source of money-saving wisdom – this time about cleaning and cleaning products – and so many older people have great, thrifty wisdom we should be asking them for help in these tough times.
So that’s just a few tips from just four of the families taking part. They’re all coming up with great ideas, showing us all how any family can save money and have genuine fun at the same time. One of them is going to get a fabulous prize soon so take a look and see which one you think is the best!