- Find out how to #makemoney by running an ironing service here... http://t.co/zPDcr76asr #business #job #parttime (2nd Sep 2014 - 21:21)
- Want to work for @Avon_UK? Find out how here... http://t.co/FjPK4VjcHb #makemoney #job #graduates #student http://t.co/kLlF5pMnA9 (2nd Sep 2014 - 18:25)
- Want to know how to get cheap phone calls abroad? Watch our latest #AskJasmine video here... https://t.co/om9G8vIEgq #savemoney #travel (2nd Sep 2014 - 16:45)
- How to save money when you don’t have any. Find out here... http://t.co/AH8uXrKDYU #savemoney #debt #budget http://t.co/0oCNlxes77 (2nd Sep 2014 - 14:45)
- Take a look at these 30 money making #tips and money saving ideas for #September here http://t.co/f5sdv2w2Ji #money (2nd Sep 2014 - 12:40)
- Salaries offered in job advertisements have witnessed their first annual rise since the recession (2nd Sep 2014 - 12:39)
- 5 ways to make money using Twitter. Take a look here... http://t.co/rSLrzLWSMN #Twitter #makemoney #startup #social http://t.co/9JCKIX0pMo (2nd Sep 2014 - 10:40)
- For weekly money saving & money making ideas sign-up to our #newsletter here... http://t.co/S1iifO7e4t #free http://t.co/qbUWE3umgF (2nd Sep 2014 - 08:40)
- Net migration into the UK totalled 243,000 in the 12-month period, up almost 40% on the previous year. (1st Sep 2014 - 16:37)
- #September is here & so is the cold #weather. See our tips on how to cut your heating bills http://t.co/S44LNw8Mbo http://t.co/Y94A4qE315 (1st Sep 2014 - 08:25)
- Networking, risk-taking and ruthlessness are the keys to running your own business, as well as being aged 31a/c BBC poll (1st Sep 2014 - 07:36)
- From 1 October 2014 the paper tax disc will be a thing of the past. Read more here... http://t.co/nnJBJv3OAZ #cartax http://t.co/a8x38Xjfg5 (31st Aug 2014 - 18:35)
- Did you know #Facebook provides several money making opportunities? Read more here http://t.co/ulxY5VP6ll #makemoney http://t.co/YLy9QABoH1 (31st Aug 2014 - 16:50)
- Confused about junior ISAs? Watch @Jasmine's 2 minute guide here... https://t.co/8C9bG39rn0 #savemoney #ISA #finance #JuniorISAs (31st Aug 2014 - 14:25)
- 5 ways to make money face painting. Take a look at our guide here... http://t.co/IG9qB39mMk #makemoney #facepainting http://t.co/Vmci7mzmgf (31st Aug 2014 - 12:25)
- #Pensions really ARE glamorous. Find out why you should put more into one NOW! http://t.co/mBbORHhaOH #retirement http://t.co/UtoAULVREA (31st Aug 2014 - 10:25)
- Want to know about great way of making money by doing very little? Click here... http://t.co/Axd9GcsTsi #makemoney http://t.co/cBNJweR5wf (31st Aug 2014 - 08:40)
- Dogs are marvellous! http://t.co/10RY2M9SxO (30th Aug 2014 - 18:44)
- We have 100s of money saving ideas. Click here to take a look http://t.co/Tpf2C6qRhp #makemoney #ideas #tips http://t.co/yLRBXEagTg (30th Aug 2014 - 18:20)
- Find out how to make money buying baggage in 4 easy steps here... http://t.co/kUuywMZ00R #makemoney #buying #luggage http://t.co/pUe1pO6O5j (30th Aug 2014 - 16:10)
Get some fabby savvy money-saving tips!
August 12, 2012
I’m judging the Nectar Savvy Family competition on Friday.
There are amazing prizes on offer -
- Four easyJet flights
- £500 Sainsbury’s gift card
- A year’s Home Care policy from British Gas
- £500 from BP to spend on fuel
- A week’s car hire in Europe from Hertz
- £500 Vision Express gift card
- A Wii console package from American Express
- 50,000 Nectar points
…so it’s worth it for the 8 families involved. I wouldn’t mind those prizes myself!
So the families are busy filling their blogs with loads of money-saving ideas.
For example, the Yates family from Cumbria has been gathering free food from the hedgerows and having a great family day out doing it (for free of course!).
The Augrandjean family also get free food, this time by mystery shopping. You know how much of an advocate I am of mystery shopping because it’s such a great way of getting food for free. We even have a mystery shopping ebook, we’re that into it!
The Dingwall family very sensibly share childcare and entertainment with friends and family. This is so helpful in so many areas of our lives. If we can share and help each other out, everyone wins!
The Cumbo family’s nan is a source of money-saving wisdom – this time about cleaning and cleaning products – and so many older people have great, thrifty wisdom we should be asking them for help in these tough times.
So that’s just a few tips from just four of the families taking part. They’re all coming up with great ideas, showing us all how any family can save money and have genuine fun at the same time. One of them is going to get a fabulous prize soon so take a look and see which one you think is the best!