- Are you an RBS, NatWest or Ulster customer? Jasmine tells you why it's time to swap your bank account.... http://t.co/Q6SsJEZgRS (5th Dec 2013 - 15:30)
- Beware what you share at Christmas: Eight out of ten (84%) social media users on social media sites like Insta... http://t.co/VeA95QVDRe (5th Dec 2013 - 15:17)
- Cut your food costs this Christmas. We have some good tips & recipes for you here http://t.co/kVqvDaLcAx #savemoney #christmas #frugalfood (5th Dec 2013 - 13:20)
- Win an M&S Christmas Hamper! Only 8 days to go..http://t.co/abKWv7zfgI #Christmas #hamper #competition (5th Dec 2013 - 11:31)
- What a doll! You can make money collecting Barbies http://t.co/24SwHLXyB1 #barbies #doll #makemoney (5th Dec 2013 - 09:29)
- RT @mrshunts: #Live-in or #live-out Housekeeper required in #North #London from Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm to start asap (4th Dec 2013 - 19:43)
- Christmastime Dream Routes Through Eastern Germany: Like Dorothy, in The Wizard of Oz, emerging from a world o... http://t.co/XLJqMDq6u0 (4th Dec 2013 - 17:39)
- Switch your bank if you're a customer of RBS, Ulster or Natwest!: http://t.co/Gyjw5N1miL via @YouTube (4th Dec 2013 - 15:57)
- Don't get caught out..here are the last Christmas posting dates. http://t.co/qvd04msUKR #Christmas #postage #onlineshopping (4th Dec 2013 - 15:26)
- RT @topnotchnannies: #Governess needed in #Montreux and #Moscow/#Spain, £1000 gross per week. (4th Dec 2013 - 14:05)
- There are some #bargains to be had at the moment, including up to 50% off dresses at Debenhams...... http://t.co/3W1P0ekbKe (4th Dec 2013 - 13:30)
- Save water and cut your bills. We have 10 ways to cut your water usage http://t.co/xK5rPo06PC #savemoney #savewater #green (4th Dec 2013 - 11:30)
- Need a hair cut? Why not sell your hair? http://t.co/5rH7u5iGu8 #makemoney #haircut #extracash (4th Dec 2013 - 09:31)
- Watch out for RBS/NatWest/Ulster Bank phishing emails: The NatWest/RBS/Ulster Bank problems that hit customers... http://t.co/4r88HCvWrE (4th Dec 2013 - 07:43)
- If you have some Ladybird books lurking on your bookshelves, you could be missing a money spinner. Our guide... http://t.co/PC1380xaVb (3rd Dec 2013 - 17:30)
- Boost your job prospects for free! http://t.co/JMdZ5MvikD #savemoney #training #free (3rd Dec 2013 - 13:31)
- Sign up for our #Newsletter today http://t.co/tF7LmXomLM We've got an exclusive deal on eBooks #savemoney #eBooks (3rd Dec 2013 - 11:31)
Get some fabby savvy money-saving tips!
August 12, 2012
I’m judging the Nectar Savvy Family competition on Friday.
There are amazing prizes on offer -
- Four easyJet flights
- £500 Sainsbury’s gift card
- A year’s Home Care policy from British Gas
- £500 from BP to spend on fuel
- A week’s car hire in Europe from Hertz
- £500 Vision Express gift card
- A Wii console package from American Express
- 50,000 Nectar points
…so it’s worth it for the 8 families involved. I wouldn’t mind those prizes myself!
So the families are busy filling their blogs with loads of money-saving ideas.
For example, the Yates family from Cumbria has been gathering free food from the hedgerows and having a great family day out doing it (for free of course!).
The Augrandjean family also get free food, this time by mystery shopping. You know how much of an advocate I am of mystery shopping because it’s such a great way of getting food for free. We even have a mystery shopping ebook, we’re that into it!
The Dingwall family very sensibly share childcare and entertainment with friends and family. This is so helpful in so many areas of our lives. If we can share and help each other out, everyone wins!
The Cumbo family’s nan is a source of money-saving wisdom – this time about cleaning and cleaning products – and so many older people have great, thrifty wisdom we should be asking them for help in these tough times.
So that’s just a few tips from just four of the families taking part. They’re all coming up with great ideas, showing us all how any family can save money and have genuine fun at the same time. One of them is going to get a fabulous prize soon so take a look and see which one you think is the best!