- Forget working 9 to 5, lots of people make their money mixing up #part-time & casual #jobs. http://t.co/NgNAIaZs0y http://t.co/7hyHxL6v0H (18th Sep 2014 - 18:18)
- Save on entertainment. Find out how to get cheap, last-minute tickets here http://t.co/9QijGlWZ0e #savemoney #tickets http://t.co/FgDvyRx2Hs (18th Sep 2014 - 16:26)
- Want to work for @Avon_UK? Find out how here... http://t.co/FjPK4VjcHb #makemoney #job #graduates #student http://t.co/5fYDRG6v5j (18th Sep 2014 - 14:31)
- RT @sarahlockett: 64% women feel uncomfortable visiting a garage for repairs. Here's how @Kwik_Fit are tackling this http://t.co/gvr39jNTdd (18th Sep 2014 - 14:20)
- How to save money when you don’t have any. Find out here... http://t.co/AH8uXrKDYU #savemoney #debt #budget http://t.co/wbgMEKttVd (18th Sep 2014 - 12:50)
- Want to know how to get cheap phone calls abroad? Watch this #AskJasmine video here... https://t.co/om9G8vIEgq #savemoney #travel (18th Sep 2014 - 10:50)
- Get cashback every time you shop: Quidco is the smart, free and easy way to earn cashback every time you shop.... http://t.co/Z6jzGldyXw (18th Sep 2014 - 09:34)
- Free car maintenance!: OK it’s not food. But they did have free sandwiches, crisps and cake, does that count? ... http://t.co/xfBfZDhD5V (18th Sep 2014 - 09:34)
- RT @topnotchnannies: Nanny wanted for 1-2days per week for a Boy of 3 and Twins (Boy and a Girl) of 8months. http://t.co/DqxIcdY50a (18th Sep 2014 - 08:47)
- 5 ways to make money using Twitter. Take a look here... http://t.co/rSLrzLWSMN #Twitter #makemoney #startup #social http://t.co/IJAN3GlBXT (18th Sep 2014 - 08:45)
- If you love your movies then you'll like this great deal from Direct Line... https://t.co/OsPxDnLCsn #movies #insurance #deals #money (18th Sep 2014 - 07:40)
- Cheap and easy bread recipes – beat the supermarkets! http://t.co/gi3ZrPpOxT #savemoney #recipes #bread http://t.co/BU5NNYBoVt (17th Sep 2014 - 18:20)
- RT @topnotchnannies: Weekend cook/ housekeeper wanted in Belgravia. Driver. Live-out. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (17th Sep 2014 - 17:33)
- RT @Moneymagpie: From 1 October 2014 the paper tax disc will be a thing of the past. Read more here... http://t.co/nnJBJv3OAZ (17th Sep 2014 - 16:59)
- #September is here & so is the cold #weather. See our tips on how to cut your heating bills http://t.co/S44LNw8Mbo http://t.co/2mrzfeaGBr (17th Sep 2014 - 16:45)
- From 1 October 2014 the paper tax disc will be a thing of the past. Read more here... http://t.co/nnJBJv3OAZ #cartax http://t.co/ysaxMkfPQp (17th Sep 2014 - 15:02)
- Did you know #Facebook provides several money making opportunities? Read more here http://t.co/ulxY5VP6ll #makemoney http://t.co/JaIbQNlXtu (17th Sep 2014 - 12:55)
- Confused about junior ISAs? Watch @Jasmine's 2 minute guide here... https://t.co/8C9bG39rn0 #savemoney #ISA #finance #JuniorISAs (17th Sep 2014 - 10:36)
Get some fabby savvy money-saving tips!
August 12, 2012
I’m judging the Nectar Savvy Family competition on Friday.
There are amazing prizes on offer -
- Four easyJet flights
- £500 Sainsbury’s gift card
- A year’s Home Care policy from British Gas
- £500 from BP to spend on fuel
- A week’s car hire in Europe from Hertz
- £500 Vision Express gift card
- A Wii console package from American Express
- 50,000 Nectar points
…so it’s worth it for the 8 families involved. I wouldn’t mind those prizes myself!
So the families are busy filling their blogs with loads of money-saving ideas.
For example, the Yates family from Cumbria has been gathering free food from the hedgerows and having a great family day out doing it (for free of course!).
The Augrandjean family also get free food, this time by mystery shopping. You know how much of an advocate I am of mystery shopping because it’s such a great way of getting food for free. We even have a mystery shopping ebook, we’re that into it!
The Dingwall family very sensibly share childcare and entertainment with friends and family. This is so helpful in so many areas of our lives. If we can share and help each other out, everyone wins!
The Cumbo family’s nan is a source of money-saving wisdom – this time about cleaning and cleaning products – and so many older people have great, thrifty wisdom we should be asking them for help in these tough times.
So that’s just a few tips from just four of the families taking part. They’re all coming up with great ideas, showing us all how any family can save money and have genuine fun at the same time. One of them is going to get a fabulous prize soon so take a look and see which one you think is the best!