- Jasmine: @deValoisPens Thank you! #ff (24th May 2013 - 22:22)
- Jasmine: RT @EatOrHeat: Next fri is FOOD BANK FRIDAY in e17,drop a tin off @roseandcrownpub (24th May 2013 - 17:48)
- Jasmine: @EatOrHeat Sounds good! (24th May 2013 - 17:48)
- Jasmine: @WebpresenceUK Sure if you follow me with DM you (24th May 2013 - 17:15)
- Jasmine: RT @Channel4News: "He's a lovely gentle boy had makings of a fine young man" neighbour on #Woolwich suspect http://t.co/l180fjzlA8 <<tragic (24th May 2013 - 17:13)
- Jasmine: @EatOrHeat I'm in Notting Hill. Any drop-off points round here? (24th May 2013 - 17:13)
- Jasmine: RT @TheWomensRoomUK: Please act today to put a stop to #FBrape. Advertisers pulling out left right & centre: http://t.co/iTnbgMQRzI (24th May 2013 - 17:11)
- Jasmine: RT @LDN: Pop ups in London this week http://t.co/k56djKuGEX <<handy stuff (24th May 2013 - 16:31)
- Jasmine: @MintTwist That sounds good. When and where? (24th May 2013 - 16:30)
- Jasmine: Spend £15 or more in Boots over the long weekend and receive 10 Advantage Card points per £1 you spend (24th May 2013 - 16:30)
- Jasmine: RT @csmonitor: #Oklahoma #tornado unleashed more power than the nuclear bomb dropped on Hiroshima: http://t.co/4Ba3kInvL6 (24th May 2013 - 14:32)
- Jasmine: RT @Moneymagpie: Why not try to detox your finances this weekend. Find out how here... http://t.co/zp1SqUEm55 (24th May 2013 - 14:28)
- Jasmine: @xpwebservices Thanks! (24th May 2013 - 14:26)
- Jasmine: @brandamplifier Cool, thanks! #mentorship #welldone (24th May 2013 - 13:09)
- Jasmine: @WebpresenceUK I have sent a message through the form on your site (24th May 2013 - 12:32)
- Jasmine: @WebpresenceUK Sure, I will email you. Thanks (24th May 2013 - 12:31)
- Jasmine: @AskJames Sadly the email bounced back (24th May 2013 - 11:48)
- Jasmine: @ElmTreeFS Hi, sadly the email I sent bounced back. (24th May 2013 - 11:47)
- Jasmine: @Compare_Quotes Thank you! (24th May 2013 - 11:25)
- Jasmine: RT @THEJamesWhale: Well done to the EU for banning pesticides that kill bees. #FEELGOODFRIDAY <<quite! (24th May 2013 - 11:19)
Got a money-making idea?
August 27, 2010
…then do something with it.
Really. I can’t tell you how many people I come across who say something like ‘I’ve got an idea for a business’ or ‘I’d really like to do x to make money’ or something like that and then they never do anything about it.
There are always excuses:
- “I’m too busy” (these are people who spend most evenings in front of the tely or drinking with friends)
- “I don’t know where to start”
- “Someone else will probably do it”
- “I haven’t got time”
These are just excuses – seriously. Have you noticed how it’s usually the very busiest people, the ones who are up early and working through the day and into the night, who somehow find the time to get things done? It’s funny how we always find time to do things we actually want to do.
If you’re serious about getting a money-making idea off the ground, here are a few starting points:
- Break it down into small chunks. You will never even start a project if it looks too enormous. As they say, the way to eat an elephant is to do it piece by piece (not that I want you to eat an elephant because I love them!). Basically you have to break down any big project into small, manageable chunks and do those one by one. Even if it means you do one small chunk every night, if you keep on doing it, you will get there.
- Persist. One of the most valuable qualities in any business person, or anyone who wants to do something worthwhile or a bit different, is to be willing to persist, persist, persist. Even if it takes years to get it off the ground, keep going.
- Get help and support. There are lots of ways you can get this – either from friends and people you know or from government agencies like Businesslink or even through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin etc). There are people all around the world who are trying to do what you are doing or have done it, made the mistakes and learned their lessons. They can help you and most are eager to do so.
- Get ideas from people on our Forum. Our Money-making forum is there to share ideas for making money and support people who are trying. Go for it!