- Pensions for babies. Yes it's a real thing. Take a look here... http://t.co/pKHkQ4ALeT #savemoney #pensions #invest http://t.co/88fGkT8ydq (22nd Jul 2014 - 14:20)
- What is a social enterprise? Read our guide here... http://t.co/nH7Ef11eA0 … #business #startup #socialenterprise http://t.co/o5rpFLKIV2 (22nd Jul 2014 - 12:40)
- Help @Jasmine raise money to help children in her local area. #Donate today here... https://t.co/bh6zE0RtCL #charity http://t.co/pZ98cd9zl0 (22nd Jul 2014 - 10:45)
- Confused about freelance finances? Read our guide here... http://t.co/c5CkLzRUYT #freelance #selfemployed #startup http://t.co/TkVOf0whXc (22nd Jul 2014 - 08:40)
- Find out the genuine mystery shopping agencies - not the dodgy ones that take your money - here http://t.co/4L7vPg0WPJ… #newslettercomp (21st Jul 2014 - 12:08)
- Make the most of the hot weather with our cheap picnic ideas here... http://t.co/4PzkLaV3FZ #weather #sunday #picnic http://t.co/1px4kk409G (20th Jul 2014 - 12:10)
- Sign-up to our newsletter & get a #FREE copy of our ’8 Ways to make £80 in an hour’ #eBook http://t.co/S1iifOpniB http://t.co/YvFbmf1KR7 (20th Jul 2014 - 10:25)
- Help @Jasmine raise money to makeover a nursery. Donate to a good cause here... https://t.co/bh6zE0RtCL #charity http://t.co/NN2Ewj88uZ (20th Jul 2014 - 08:20)
- Help @Jasmine raise money to makeover a nursery. Donate to a good cause here... https://t.co/bh6zE0RtCL #charity http://t.co/zVFysoK38N (19th Jul 2014 - 17:25)
- Want to own a peanut butter maker? Enter our #competition here... http://t.co/fG8fFRk9LK #win #prize http://t.co/eNxwtTFxg2 (19th Jul 2014 - 14:25)
- See @Jasmine's 5 top tips for successful comping here... https://t.co/972Aljujqp #competition #win #prizes (19th Jul 2014 - 12:15)
- Have you subscribed to our Youtube channel? @Jasmine has lots of useful #advice to share. Subscribe here https://t.co/HVTq5FJ2UT #makemoney (19th Jul 2014 - 10:15)
- Take a look at our guide to #free city living here... http://t.co/QxYsoFCuwC #savemoney #London #weekend http://t.co/usUu4WfEG7 (19th Jul 2014 - 08:15)
- Get paid to help a new mum. Find out how here... http://t.co/pDuTD2rcQo #doula #Friday #childcare #job http://t.co/Qe3tOfCkFL (18th Jul 2014 - 18:10)
- Britain isn’t so shoddy either: Well done Germany; it was a well deserved victory. After humbling Brazil, Germ... http://t.co/cmNxK74Tka (18th Jul 2014 - 16:50)
- Want to make money answering the phone? Find out how here... http://t.co/7ikMhHmwuA #makemoney #job #money http://t.co/UewoyYeopb (18th Jul 2014 - 16:25)
- Help @Jasmine raise money to makeover a nursery. Donate to a good cause here... https://t.co/bh6zE0RtCL #charity http://t.co/HeMwmWCD6A (18th Jul 2014 - 14:25)
- Find cheap and last-minute #theatre tickets here... http://t.co/txHHr8UGH1 #friday #cheap http://t.co/ZGS994HkUH (18th Jul 2014 - 12:25)
- Take a look at our 10 ways you can make money here... http://t.co/NIzsKt7FQ7 #makemoney #quickcash #10ways http://t.co/Fgez76DqwU (18th Jul 2014 - 10:25)
How to foil burglars: advice from the police
April 29, 2013
I’ve just had my regular emailing from the local Neighbourhood Watch. It included a really helpful list of points from the local police on how to safeguard your possessions and foil burglars. I realise I need to do a few of them asap. Here they are – enjoy!
Top tips for securing your home:
1. Mark or Etch your property with your full postcode and house or flat number.
2. Register items with a serial number at: Immobilize.com especially bicycles, laptops and mobile phones.
3. Do not leave your car keys or ID documents near doors, letterbox or windows.
4. Always check who’s at the door and don’t open it if you feel anxious.
5. Close & lock all doors and windows, even if you’re out only for a few minutes.
6. Keep your valuables out of sight.
7. Leave some lights on if it will be dark before you get home.
8. Consider installing a monitored burglar alarm.
9. Always keep sheds and outbuildings securely locked.
10. Cancel milk or other deliveries if you will be away for days or weeks at a time.
11. For communal entrances please remember the following:
- You must only admit persons to the building that you know, or are expecting. Do not buzz just anyone in.
- Check the identity of all service officials or tradesmen.
- Ask the caller to quote your account number or pre-arranged code.
- Look through a window or door viewer to check for uniform and identification, if a door chain is fitted – use it.
- Report the presence of unknown persons to the warden, porter or the police.
- Prevent unknown people following you when entering or leaving the building.
- Always check the door is secure after you.
- Contact your landlord if the communal door is not closing correctly – the mechanism may well need adjusting due to the change in temperature.