- #Pensions really ARE glamorous. Find out why you should put more into one NOW! http://t.co/mBbORHhaOH #retirement http://t.co/RBqzRF76yj (16th Sep 2014 - 18:25)
- Want to know about great way of making money by doing very little? Click here... http://t.co/Axd9GcsTsi #makemoney http://t.co/jcRbx3gwrK (16th Sep 2014 - 16:45)
- We have 100s of money saving ideas. Click here to take a look http://t.co/Tpf2C6qRhp #makemoney #ideas #tips http://t.co/3oQBqBTfvR (16th Sep 2014 - 14:20)
- Find out how to make money buying baggage in 4 easy steps here... http://t.co/kUuywMZ00R #makemoney #buying #luggage http://t.co/lyYO68cFHi (16th Sep 2014 - 12:20)
- Why have I been refused credit?: Being refused credit can ruin your dreams of a new house or car. There are a ... http://t.co/I8P2nuwkSK (16th Sep 2014 - 11:07)
- Take a look at Jasmine's 7 day guide to sorting out your finances here... http://t.co/pbfp5dbGGR #finance #guide #makemoney #savemoney (16th Sep 2014 - 10:10)
- What is a social enterprise? Read our guide here... http://t.co/1Y2PEE24Z4 #business #startup #socialenterprise http://t.co/WJEVLequHy (16th Sep 2014 - 08:25)
- For weekly money saving & money making ideas sign-up to our #newsletter here... http://t.co/S1iifO7e4t #free http://t.co/mufDJp6xrY (15th Sep 2014 - 18:25)
- Make money as a mobile manicurist: The mobile beauty business is booming and becoming a mobile manicurist ca... http://t.co/dwVngXKaJP (15th Sep 2014 - 16:34)
- RT @JacktvCasting: SIBLINGS wanted for new Adventure series for BBC. HUGE cash prize! firstname.lastname@example.org http://t.co/jC6tVMxpyB (15th Sep 2014 - 15:07)
- We have a load of exciting #competitions for you to enter today. Take a look http://t.co/bk36QUZVUw #win #prizes (15th Sep 2014 - 14:25)
- Did you know #NISAs can help you be a millionaire? Find out how http://t.co/fzAK9t9y5B #NISAs #Investing #makemoney http://t.co/p5rs7OoB0p (15th Sep 2014 - 12:20)
- Looking for a prepaid card? Try the Ukash Travel Money Mastercard. It's free! http://t.co/G7g0wYtv8K #travel http://t.co/Y8urxmRxwf (15th Sep 2014 - 09:20)
- Want to earn anything from £30-£100 a night? Take a look at this fun money maker... http://t.co/zNqrBsx5Hz #makemoney http://t.co/xch1naLzwD (15th Sep 2014 - 08:30)
- Did you know you can #makemoney collecting Bakelite? Find out how here... http://t.co/g4tvbPwv3U #makemoney #collecting #Bakerlite (14th Sep 2014 - 18:30)
- 10 ways to #savemoney at the airport. http://t.co/Z9VU9sCuiQ #airport #travel #tips (14th Sep 2014 - 16:25)
- 30 ways to #makemoney and #savemoney. See them all here... http://t.co/f5sdv2w2Ji #September (14th Sep 2014 - 14:25)
- Have you seen Jasmine's latest #AskJasmine video? If not, take a look here... https://t.co/IsnwyryZqC #makemoney #selling #beauty #hair (14th Sep 2014 - 12:50)
- #savemoney on your #energy bills. Only 5 minutes to sign-up & it's #free. Find out more here http://t.co/SsaxB7ARa9 http://t.co/1tmg2i13xC (14th Sep 2014 - 10:50)
- Want to know what a social enterprise is? Read @kkmpx's guide here... http://t.co/1Y2PEE24Z4 #makemoney #business #startup #socialenterprise (14th Sep 2014 - 08:25)
How to foil burglars: advice from the police
April 29, 2013
I’ve just had my regular emailing from the local Neighbourhood Watch. It included a really helpful list of points from the local police on how to safeguard your possessions and foil burglars. I realise I need to do a few of them asap. Here they are – enjoy!
Top tips for securing your home:
1. Mark or Etch your property with your full postcode and house or flat number.
2. Register items with a serial number at: Immobilize.com especially bicycles, laptops and mobile phones.
3. Do not leave your car keys or ID documents near doors, letterbox or windows.
4. Always check who’s at the door and don’t open it if you feel anxious.
5. Close & lock all doors and windows, even if you’re out only for a few minutes.
6. Keep your valuables out of sight.
7. Leave some lights on if it will be dark before you get home.
8. Consider installing a monitored burglar alarm.
9. Always keep sheds and outbuildings securely locked.
10. Cancel milk or other deliveries if you will be away for days or weeks at a time.
11. For communal entrances please remember the following:
- You must only admit persons to the building that you know, or are expecting. Do not buzz just anyone in.
- Check the identity of all service officials or tradesmen.
- Ask the caller to quote your account number or pre-arranged code.
- Look through a window or door viewer to check for uniform and identification, if a door chain is fitted – use it.
- Report the presence of unknown persons to the warden, porter or the police.
- Prevent unknown people following you when entering or leaving the building.
- Always check the door is secure after you.
- Contact your landlord if the communal door is not closing correctly – the mechanism may well need adjusting due to the change in temperature.
For further information on how to protect your home from being burgled go to Crimereduction or Bumblebee.