- La “less than belle” France: It’s easy to make simplistic comparisons, but this year I found a stark differenc... http://t.co/Mb3Rwaxuef (22nd Aug 2014 - 16:42)
- @buyagift You too! (22nd Aug 2014 - 16:17)
- @lunchtimelady brilliant! (22nd Aug 2014 - 16:16)
- Haha! http://t.co/aIY4VhBuIb (22nd Aug 2014 - 14:50)
- Take a look at our 5 ways for mums to make money here... http://t.co/ZQadZHL98y #makemoney #mum #moneymakingideas http://t.co/aRbvn4jJQC (22nd Aug 2014 - 13:30)
- 20% off everything at http://t.co/P3KlI0lKle this weekend with code AUGUST2014 (22nd Aug 2014 - 10:30)
- Boots is selling sunglasses at half price over the bh weekend (22nd Aug 2014 - 10:06)
- Make money selling charity shop items for a profit: In a recent survey, one in ten Britons admitted to selli... http://t.co/jTs7IGueUF (21st Aug 2014 - 16:07)
- Find out the 10 biggest frauds you must beware of in Jasmine's article in The Express today http://t.co/Bd8jpSYmw8 (21st Aug 2014 - 16:03)
- Find out how to #makemoney collecting comics here... http://t.co/snxSMVzUIO #collecting #comics #marvel (21st Aug 2014 - 15:55)
- Work from home scams and how to avoid them. Read more here... http://t.co/HameAOnSci #job #scam #workfromhome http://t.co/2YvCQ1yEKb (21st Aug 2014 - 12:20)
- A great way to get kids to eat fruit! RT @TiloJung: Fruity Win! http://t.co/HEzSUWkJgh (21st Aug 2014 - 11:36)
- Secret of success http://t.co/Lmfdn3qam7 (21st Aug 2014 - 10:29)
- Recycle your gadgets for cash in 3 easy steps http://t.co/8K1oLoUe2F #makemoney #recycle... (21st Aug 2014 - 10:15)
- Read our clever guide to online shopping here... http://t.co/TWxVgNGywf #shopping #guide #savemoney (21st Aug 2014 - 08:05)
- Take a look at Jasmine's 7 day guide to sorting out your finances here... http://t.co/Mw5OKNcbPn (21st Aug 2014 - 08:04)
- Haha! http://t.co/ezBZHukRtm (20th Aug 2014 - 17:48)
- Make money travelling this summer. Read more here... http://t.co/VDSCBDy66L #travelling #summer #job (20th Aug 2014 - 16:45)
- Make money from your Disney obsession. Read more here... http://t.co/ZJxtYkmIMb #makemoney #selling #Disney (20th Aug 2014 - 14:05)
How to foil burglars: advice from the police
April 29, 2013
I’ve just had my regular emailing from the local Neighbourhood Watch. It included a really helpful list of points from the local police on how to safeguard your possessions and foil burglars. I realise I need to do a few of them asap. Here they are – enjoy!
Top tips for securing your home:
1. Mark or Etch your property with your full postcode and house or flat number.
2. Register items with a serial number at: Immobilize.com especially bicycles, laptops and mobile phones.
3. Do not leave your car keys or ID documents near doors, letterbox or windows.
4. Always check who’s at the door and don’t open it if you feel anxious.
5. Close & lock all doors and windows, even if you’re out only for a few minutes.
6. Keep your valuables out of sight.
7. Leave some lights on if it will be dark before you get home.
8. Consider installing a monitored burglar alarm.
9. Always keep sheds and outbuildings securely locked.
10. Cancel milk or other deliveries if you will be away for days or weeks at a time.
11. For communal entrances please remember the following:
- You must only admit persons to the building that you know, or are expecting. Do not buzz just anyone in.
- Check the identity of all service officials or tradesmen.
- Ask the caller to quote your account number or pre-arranged code.
- Look through a window or door viewer to check for uniform and identification, if a door chain is fitted – use it.
- Report the presence of unknown persons to the warden, porter or the police.
- Prevent unknown people following you when entering or leaving the building.
- Always check the door is secure after you.
- Contact your landlord if the communal door is not closing correctly – the mechanism may well need adjusting due to the change in temperature.
For further information on how to protect your home from being burgled go to Crimereduction or Bumblebee.