- Paid online surveys can help you make money while you’re in front of the computer http://t.co/JcJ6XFW77e #paidsurvey #makemoney #money (14th Jan 2014 - 17:11)
- Kale Superfood Soup: Kale is, as you may know, a superfood (which – to me – means: it’s just good for you – vi... http://t.co/BXG5IwXJsv (14th Jan 2014 - 15:36)
- Make money selling your hair. Find out how here... http://t.co/1BTxXbkwE2 #makemoney #wigs #beauty (14th Jan 2014 - 14:38)
- Seven quick ways to pay off debt. Read more here... http://t.co/rNW3F9Wbge #debt #savemoney #advice http://t.co/NAA3T4Mb8F (14th Jan 2014 - 11:35)
- Our food blogger...RT @sarahlockett: Got the abaya on ready for work in #Riyadh tomorrow. Quite like it! http://t.co/Nv1I4821ZV (13th Jan 2014 - 22:01)
- How can we make Britain better?: As you know, we’ve had a competition for readers to come up with the ONE thin... http://t.co/5xXlC5K0xp (13th Jan 2014 - 21:40)
- Google+ hangout: http://t.co/bd8Ms68wwR via @YouTube (13th Jan 2014 - 18:10)
- Take a look at our 10 ways you can make money here... http://t.co/4zqCKZsU7a … #makemoney #quickcash #10ways http://t.co/oHukl7XO6l (13th Jan 2014 - 16:18)
- Find out how to make £25 an hour as a Virtual Assistant here... http://t.co/SM64SYBa3Z #makemoney #assistant #job (13th Jan 2014 - 13:32)
- #Monday again! http://t.co/oncpcc4fv6 (13th Jan 2014 - 10:42)
- Find out how you can make people #happy without breaking the bank here http://t.co/UKMEpsvcFu #savemoney #gifts http://t.co/OJFBVkVhC6 (13th Jan 2014 - 09:20)
- If you're looking for a #bargain hit the #charity shops, or donate your unwanted things. http://t.co/ZdAN4BrwWx http://t.co/SVkucmuhbd (12th Jan 2014 - 17:31)
- #Guarantees and #Warranties- what you need to know. Find out here... http://t.co/YIaToTuTSo … #shopping #save http://t.co/kaC8h4v1Y8 (12th Jan 2014 - 15:01)
- Take a look at Jasmine's 7 day guide to sorting out your finances here... http://t.co/pbfp5dbGGR #guide #finance #budget (12th Jan 2014 - 13:01)
- Find out how to #makemoney & #savemoney every day this January here... http://t.co/ecBI2y7tDA … #January http://t.co/3hRmdPfGsU (12th Jan 2014 - 11:00)
- Need money for a #business idea? Take a look at our guide to #crowdfunding http://t.co/wqduYUPDUl #money http://t.co/SFSOJBbMlu (11th Jan 2014 - 17:30)
- Want to win a personalised hamper? Jasmine tells you how here... http://t.co/TBNFWLFH5V … #Government #competition #win (11th Jan 2014 - 15:10)
- For weekly money saving & money making ideas sign-up to our #newsletter here... http://t.co/S1iifO7e4t #makemoney... (11th Jan 2014 - 13:10)
- Make money donating sperm or eggs. Find out how here... http://t.co/n7Vs8FNWsW #makemoney #donating #spermdonor http://t.co/EurR9oRH2x (11th Jan 2014 - 11:00)
How to foil burglars: advice from the police
April 29, 2013
I’ve just had my regular emailing from the local Neighbourhood Watch. It included a really helpful list of points from the local police on how to safeguard your possessions and foil burglars. I realise I need to do a few of them asap. Here they are – enjoy!
Top tips for securing your home:
1. Mark or Etch your property with your full postcode and house or flat number.
2. Register items with a serial number at: Immobilize.com especially bicycles, laptops and mobile phones.
3. Do not leave your car keys or ID documents near doors, letterbox or windows.
4. Always check who’s at the door and don’t open it if you feel anxious.
5. Close & lock all doors and windows, even if you’re out only for a few minutes.
6. Keep your valuables out of sight.
7. Leave some lights on if it will be dark before you get home.
8. Consider installing a monitored burglar alarm.
9. Always keep sheds and outbuildings securely locked.
10. Cancel milk or other deliveries if you will be away for days or weeks at a time.
11. For communal entrances please remember the following:
- You must only admit persons to the building that you know, or are expecting. Do not buzz just anyone in.
- Check the identity of all service officials or tradesmen.
- Ask the caller to quote your account number or pre-arranged code.
- Look through a window or door viewer to check for uniform and identification, if a door chain is fitted – use it.
- Report the presence of unknown persons to the warden, porter or the police.
- Prevent unknown people following you when entering or leaving the building.
- Always check the door is secure after you.
- Contact your landlord if the communal door is not closing correctly – the mechanism may well need adjusting due to the change in temperature.