- Jasmine: People who were told to think about their own mortality were more receptive to the idea of having cosmetic surgery than those who weren't (11th Jun 2013 - 18:05)
- Jasmine: @mcrcommuter Good point - it usually gets passed on to us (11th Jun 2013 - 17:49)
- Jasmine: @ajmajid Yes. I don't understand young people taking up smoking - makes no sense! (11th Jun 2013 - 17:48)
- Jasmine: effects of passive smoking on children costs the NHS £23m a year by causing 300,000 GP visits and 9,500 hospital admissions. (11th Jun 2013 - 17:41)
- Jasmine: RT @EdConwaySky: The financial nitroglycerine buried under the Bank of England. Quick blog: http://t.co/P18zbR4KtQ (11th Jun 2013 - 15:50)
- Jasmine: @pinkiejones Actually yes, they probably are! (11th Jun 2013 - 15:00)
- Jasmine: @iansearle lol! (11th Jun 2013 - 15:00)
- Jasmine: @photostrada Sadly, yes! (11th Jun 2013 - 13:28)
- Jasmine: @will_becker True! (11th Jun 2013 - 13:27)
- Jasmine: @pensionschamp Interesting! (11th Jun 2013 - 12:29)
- Jasmine: @neiljamesh Certainly looks like it± (11th Jun 2013 - 12:28)
- Jasmine: @emmalporter Yes, prob too expensive too (11th Jun 2013 - 12:27)
- Jasmine: 10% of secondary pupils think tomatoes grow underground (11th Jun 2013 - 12:27)
- Jasmine: 29% of primary school pupils think cheese comes from plants; 1 in 5 think main ingredient in fish fingers is chicken; (11th Jun 2013 - 12:27)
- Jasmine: @pensionschamp I wonder! (11th Jun 2013 - 11:57)
- Jasmine: @pensionschamp Good point! I'm slipping - yes, ultimately it will cost us! (11th Jun 2013 - 11:56)
- Jasmine: Not one office in the Shard is being rented; its only occupants are a restaurant and a viewing gallery (72 storeys empty) (11th Jun 2013 - 11:55)
- Jasmine: RT @liamdutton: A wet few days lie ahead as areas of low pressure form an orderly queue to the SW of the UK - http://t.co/iTGWklTamm (11th Jun 2013 - 11:55)
- Jasmine: Around 50 per cent of all whiplash claims arising from car crashes are fraudulent - costs the industry £1 billion a year (11th Jun 2013 - 11:50)
- Jasmine: RT @scaryduck: Vladimir Putin's getting a divorce. I think that's all his midlife crisis boxes ticked http://t.co/0tUQUpMRzF (7th Jun 2013 - 08:35)
Pasta for Pennies
August 20, 2009
500g tagliatelle costs 70p in Waitrose, and you can probably find pasta even cheaper in Lidl or Aldi. Each person needs 75g-100g dry pasta for a main course, so this pack will feed 5-7 people. Of course, you need a few more ingredients but you get the message – it makes a filling and economical meal, plus who doesn’t love pasta? Kids especially.
Lemon Pasta (serves: 5-7 people)
salt and pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
100g grated parmesan
1 bunch basil
100g pitted olives (black or green)
1. Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente.
2. Drain, reserving about a mugful of water.
3. Add the lemon juice, oil, parmesan, torn basil leaves, olives, salt, and pepper and stir.
4. Add in enough reserved pasta water to give nice, not-too-sloppy mix.
5. Serve with more parmesan, or mature cheddar if you’re economising.
Incidentally, I saw Lidl have child car booster seats for £4.95! It says they comply with all the European regulations etc so they must be OK, right? In John Lewis they are around the £15-£20 mark. Just thought I’d mention it.