- Moneymagpie: OFFER! Get £20 #petrol for a tenner. Only 100,000 vouchers so be quick! Claim your #voucher here... http://t.co/JQdEExW6CY #deal #bargain (23rd May 2013 - 11:20)
- Moneymagpie: It’s OK to try to look appealing forever: Labour’s Harriet Harman cites interesting but not surprising new fig... http://t.co/69Ncy07knw (23rd May 2013 - 10:38)
- Moneymagpie: Want to lose weight? Read our tips on low-cost ways to lose weight here... http://t.co/E9qVRrYTq9 #savemoney #lowcost #loseweight #healthy (23rd May 2013 - 10:30)
- Moneymagpie: New article! It's OK to try to look appealing forever - http://t.co/UFGGmNstpy (23rd May 2013 - 10:26)
- Moneymagpie: FREE £10 fuel voucher!: We’re bringing you this very special giveaway courtesy of Shell and Mighty Deals – a £... http://t.co/civOimAklI (23rd May 2013 - 09:24)
- Moneymagpie: New article! FREE £10 fuel voucher! - http://t.co/xFSbjntJwU (23rd May 2013 - 09:21)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Cheapest flights - http://t.co/HbvWdkkBj5 (23rd May 2013 - 08:53)
- Moneymagpie: We've a really special deal to send anyone on our newsletter list tomorrow so make sure you're signed up (for free!) http://t.co/WfxSWX0ZIe (22nd May 2013 - 16:56)
- Moneymagpie: Want to make money right now? Then check out Moneymagpie’s most popular article ever here… http://t.co/4zqCKZsU7a #makemoney #savemoney (22nd May 2013 - 16:47)
- Moneymagpie: Take a look at our 44 ideas to make extra money here... http://t.co/NK4W1S0nHw #makemoney #extracash #money #parttimejob #job #moneytips (22nd May 2013 - 15:00)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Find out how to make money collecting Bakelite here... http://t.co/dbbaFmYKzd #makemoney #collecting #bakelite #cash #collect (22nd May 2013 - 13:09)
- Moneymagpie: Read our new Rip-off Britain column about the latest job scams here... http://t.co/2ugcqyV5Ke #scam #column #jobs (22nd May 2013 - 13:05)
- Moneymagpie: More job scams: I’ve been hearing about yet more scam job posts on internet sites (particularly sites like Cra... http://t.co/Z4XzyaSqLQ (22nd May 2013 - 10:23)
- Moneymagpie: How to live on half your salary in 5 easy steps http://t.co/JtK4c4LXUJ #savemoney #save #salary #stepbystep #bills (22nd May 2013 - 10:05)
- Moneymagpie: New article! More job scams - http://t.co/aaqt0salyY (22nd May 2013 - 07:41)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Make money collecting Bakelite - http://t.co/3meXENPSbk (21st May 2013 - 17:42)
- Moneymagpie: Find out 50 ways to #savemoney by being green here... http://t.co/ndHKaMazAI #environment #greenliving #recycle #green (21st May 2013 - 16:17)
- Moneymagpie: Find out how to invest when you don’t know anything here... http://t.co/u3IvK0pnkH #invest #savemoney #makemoney #investing #finance #guide (21st May 2013 - 14:20)
- Moneymagpie: #COMPETITION: #Win a Samsung Galaxy S3! Competition closes on Wednesday 22 May, so hurry and get your entry in now! http://t.co/uzp0P0UB1l (21st May 2013 - 14:18)
- Moneymagpie: Find out 5 easy ways to make money in your lunch hour here... http://t.co/vdIO8uiEp0 #makemoney #lunch #ideas #food (21st May 2013 - 12:07)
Why do I always forget the cashback?
September 1, 2010
You would think given that I spend much of my working life explaining to others how they can make the most of their money that I would be a bit better at maximising mine. If only!
I am once again kicking myself for buying something online and forgetting until is too late that I should have clicked through to buy said item from one of the two cashback sites I am registered with. Had I remembered then I would be enjoying either 7.5% cashback from Clarks with Quidco for me or 3.5% cashback from Clarks with Kidstart for the children.
But no this money is now lost forever.
Just like the £80 I would have got through Kidstart had I clicked through when buying our household insurance earlier in the year. That time I thought it was Karma for bragging to you all in this blog about how much I had saved by shopping around for insurance. Of course if I had bothered to follow the advice I have given so many readers over the years I would have had even more to brag about!
So I am rejigging my advice “do as I say not as I do” and if you are not yet signed up to a cashback site you should read the Moneymagpie guide here.
Don’t worry you won’t be expected to buy anything you wouldn’t ordinarily be buying but you make money back on what you do buy because basically the retailers pay the cashback site to bring them you as a customer.