Paid editorial and video intern
This is a paid internship that can turn into freelance work after 3 months for the right person.
You would be working directly with Jasmine Birtles to help with her work and with Moneymagpie.com.
We are looking for a proactive, creative and ambitious person to help with
- helping with social media campaigns (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Youtube) for Moneymagpie
- liaising with producers, editors and agents
- writing and researching articles and eBooks
- Helping to compile the Moneymagpie newsletter and source bargains
- doing some filming and editing for Youtube vidoes
- getting copies of Jasmine’s TV appearances, radio appearances and articles in newspapers and magazines
- updating and managing Jasminebirtles.com
This is full-on work but you will learn a lot . We promise! If you are happy here, and it all works well, you can go on to a full-time or part-time position.
In this internship you will get to do a lot of video and online work, writing (including script-writing if you would like to), and you will meet editors and producers. You will also get the chance to write articles in your own name and write ebooks in your own name if you would like to.
We need someone who is:
- very web-savvy
- proficient in basic camera-work and editing
- a hard-worker with a lot of common sense and organisational skills
- a creative self-starter who really wants to get on in all areas of media
You will have:
- some video experience
- some web experience
- some writing experience
- a good work ethic
- a good sense of humour (everyone on my team has that and they insist on having nice, fun people to join!)
This internship will be paid £100 a week for three months. After that, for the right person, it will turn into a full-time salaried role (ideally we are looking for someone who wants something long-term).
We can also get you freelance work with other organisations if you have the aptitude and the right approach. I have done it for other members of my team.
Also, really successful interns have gone on to have regular, paid freelance work with us and other national publications (you can speak to them if you like).
If you have common sense and can demonstrate that you have excellent spelling and grammar (please re-read that last point – you’ll risk not getting a reply otherwise) then send us your C.V. with a covering letter/email and an example of your written work.
N.B. we are really sorry but as we always get a lot of responses we can only reply to those applicants that are successful in their initial application. Nothing personal. We do read ALL CVs that are sent, honest, we just don’t have the time to reply to all!
Email us at email@example.com
Are you goal-oriented, friendly and sharp?
Can you take a lead, run with it and turn it into a positive sale.
Come and make money with us!
We are a growing website with columns in magazines and national websites, regular appearances on TV and radio, content provision partnerships with several other major media partners.
We have a strong media presence, a well-recognised brand and a warm, fuzzy feel around us.
We also have a lot of contacts already in the marketing and advertising departments of many major household brands.
Now we need an experienced and enthusiastic sales manager to bring in some serious cash and direct our sales team.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Contact marketing and advertising departments of a range of companies to develop sales relationships and sell advertising packages
- Bring in advertising and sponsorship for the website and our weekly newsletter (40,000 members and growing)
- Set profit targets
- Manage the young and enthusiastic sales team
- Liaise with the affiliates and marketing section
- Oversee contracts, invoicing and payment of bills
You will have:
- A great sales technique
A methodical approach to sales:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a confident and friendly telephone manner
- Ability to work proactively
- Genuine leadership skills
- A good understanding of business principles and of how to create profit
- Good knowledge of MS office and the internet
- A high degree of common sense and the ability to laugh – we laugh a lot in the office!
As a vital and emerging role within the business we are offering a very competitive and flexible package. Initially based on a commission only structure for the 8 week for the probationary period, this will move to a salary and commission structure based on level of experience and sales delivery.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org