…and you’re not getting the job.
Well I bet you weren’t as bad as these people!
Check out this top 20 worst things people have said/done in interviews according to Recruitmentbuzz.co.uk….
1. Candidate answered their mobile phone and asked the interviewer to leave her own office because it was a “private” conversation.
2. Candidate told the interviewer he wouldn’t be able to stay with the job long because he thought he might get an inheritance if his uncle died – and his uncle “wasn’t looking too good.”
3. Candidate asked the interviewer for a ride home after the interview.
4. Candidate smelled his armpits on the way to the interview room.
5. Candidate told the interviewer he was fired for beating up his last boss.
6. Candidate took out a hair brush and brushed her hair mid-interview.
7. The candidate talked about promptness as one of her strengths after showing up 10 minutes late.
8. The candidate took off his shoes during the interview.
9. The candidate asked for a sip of the interviewer’s coffee.
10. Candidate told the interviewer she wasn’t sure if the job offered was worth “starting the car for”.
11. Candidate said he had had to quit a banking position because he was always tempted to steal.
12. Candidate denied that he had a cell phone with him even though it could be heard ringing in the briefcase beside him.
13. Candidate asked to be paid “under the table.”
14. Candidate commented that he would do whatever it takes to get the job done, legal or not.
15. Candidate called his wife to see what they were having for dinner.
16. Candidate called in sick to her current employer during the interview, faking an illness.
17. Candidate said he didn’t want the job if he had to work a lot.
18. Candidate flushed the toilet while talking to interviewer during phone interview.
19. Candidate said he didn’t like getting up early and didn’t like to read.
20. The candidate wore a Boy Scout uniform and never told interviewers why.