Would you like to earn gift cards when you shop? Exclusive offers and discounts from high street retailers and restaurants? And a free 12 month membership for the Gourmet Society?
According to research by MBNA and intu shopping centres, part of our idea of a perfect shopping trip is ‘being rewarded by brands for spending and loyalty’.
What makes a perfect shopping trip?
Other elements of a perfect shopping trip, according to their research, include:
- A three-hour trip around the shops – starting at 10.28am on a Saturday – is perfect for the nation’s shoppers…but they’re eager to make their visit an “experience”
- Perfect shopping day includes visits to nine different shops, no more than seven minutes queueing and a bill of more than £100
- Social media is a major part of the perfect shopping experience for many modern shoppers with the ideal trip including updates, posts and pictures
- Being rewarded by brands for their spending and loyalty
Is that you? Do you like a bit of shopping, telling your friends on Snapchat about what you’ve bought and then a meal and a film in the evening?
They say that shoppers told them that the ideal trip to buy also involves
- less than seven minutes queuing,
- five social media posts
- and ends up costing £118 for a total of five items,
- one cup of tea or coffee plus a biscuit or slice of cake.
Three quarters also say they’re most likely to shop in places where they can earn rewards for their spending, with 60 per cent looking for retailer discounts, 40 per cent wanting free coffee or cake and 35 per cent on the hunt for restaurant discounts and offers.
How to get free gift vouchers when you shop
With the new ‘intu credit card’ – you can receive gift vouchers when you shop.
In fact you can make up to £60 a year in gift cards that can be used in any of the 15 intu shopping centres across the country.
- You get £20 when you spend £250 on card purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening
- More intu gift cards when you reach £3,000
- Then again when you reach £5,000 on card purchases every year on your account.
The intu shopping centres include
- intu Lakeside in Thurrock
- intu Metrocentre in Gateshead
- intu Trafford Centre
- intu Braehead,
- intu Victoria Centre
- intu Merry Hill.
- and many more…
Save on eating out and entertainment
With the intu card you also get special discounts including
- 12 months Gourmet Society membership, giving you access to discounts at restaurants, cinemas and more
- Plus exclusive offers with retail and leisure brands in intu centres.
Not only that but the card offers
- 12 months 0% on purchases from the date your account is opened. When this offer comes to an end a standard rate of 16.9% p.a. applies.
- You can also use it to transfer your old credit card balance at 0% for 12 months. Balance transfers have a 2.99% handling fee.
For more information, terms and conditions or to apply visit the MBNA site.
Top 10 things that make your perfect shopping trip
So, this is the top 20 things that shoppers say make a perfect trip. Do you agree? What are the things that make a shopping trip perfect for you? Tell us in the comments below.
A location where I can shop, eat and socialise in one place
Being able to socialise with my friends or family
Being able to find my way around easily
Being able to use whatever payment method I wish (contactless, Apple Pay, etc.)
Being rewarded for my spending with discounts and offers at the place I’m shopping
Ending up with several bags of goodies
Finding somewhere new that I will return to on a future shopping trip
Making an unplanned purchase
Returning to a tried and tested shopping destination
Treating myself to something
The secrets of the perfect shopping trip
Want to get these gift vouchers when you spend? Get more information, terms and conditions or apply at the MBNA site.