Do you want to make more money? Are you lazier than Garfield on a good day? Okay, now put your hands down and take a look at these nifty ways to make money in less than an hour.
Nope, we didn’t just get our name the wrong way round. This is our very own rewards scheme for you, dear readers, where you earn Magpies that can be exchanged for Amazon gift cards.
Just create an account with us and you can start collecting Magpies:
- You get a Magpie just for logging in each day.
- You get a Magpie for each article that you comment on (up to a maximum of 5 per day). However, anyone posting inappropriate comments, advertising or spam will lose 5 Magpies, to make sure the comments section won’t be filled with rubbish.
- And you get Magpies for completing the offers we display here. These are mostly quick surveys for our partners that can earn you up to 200 Magpies at a time, although it will sometimes take a couple of days for the Magpies to be added to your account. If you begin an offer but don’t complete it, you will lose 1 Magpie (because you are too far away for us to look at you disapprovingly).
Formerly called the Free Postcode Lottery, it costs nothing to enter these competitions where you can win over £800 every day! Once you have signed up, your postcode will be entered automatically into the prize draws, and all you need to do is check in each day to see whether you’ve won anything in the site’s 9 draws.
Think it sounds too good to be true? It’s all explained by the ads, which generate the money that make up the prizes. This means that you occasionally need to answer a few questions or watch a video, but this is well worth the chance to make money in less than an hour (or less than a few minutes!)
Nielsen Net Ratings
Download it to your computer and it will sit in the background, tracking how you surf the Internet. This makes you eligible for a series of big-money prize draws:
- On first signing up, you are entered for the chance of being one of 10 members who win £100 each.
- The quarterly prize draw has 5 winners and a top prize of £1,000.
- Once a year, all active members are entered for the chance of winning £3,000.
Download Toluna here and earn points by completing surveys. They usually take between 2 and 30 minutes to complete; the longer it takes, the more points you earn.
Points can then be redeemed for fabulous prizes, from gift cards at Amazon, Boots and Pizza Hut to Love2Shop, John Lewis and Starbucks.
This app is similar to the Pick my Postcode lottery, except this uses digital scratchcards. Once again, the ads make it free to play, but you can win over £7,500 instantly! They have also recently released a Monopoly version, where you can win over £30,000! If that doesn’t get your attention, nothing will.
Find out if you’re a lucky winner here.
For those out there who use Amazon regularly, try signing up to ShopTracker. Download the app and connect it to your Amazon account, and you’ll receive an e-gift card code for $3 (or about £2 for Brits). This may not sound like much, but it starts to add up when you collect it every month. All you need to do to qualify is answer a few questions on purchasing history and shopping habits.
Paid surveys are one of the best ways to make money in less than an hour. On average, they will take between 5 and 45 minutes to complete.
First, register with a few survey companies. It might be a good idea to a set up a separate email account for this. Here are some that we recommend, as well as the ones we’ve mentioned above:
If there’s a new survey to fill out, you’ll usually receive an email with a link to a new window, an indication of how long it is expected to take and what the reward will be.
Surveys will usually reward you with points, which you can accumulate and then exchange for gift cards, vouchers or cash through PayPal.
Never pay to join online surveys.
Our recommended sites all pay you rather than the other way around, and will never ask for money before letting you begin earning. If these sites change, if you come across any that want you to pay, or if you have any questions, leave a message in the comments section (and grab a Magpie while you’re at it!)
Click here if you want to read more about paid online surveys.