Have you seen our mobile phone recycling comparison tool? It’s great because it leads you to the recycling company that will pay you the most for your phone.
Millions of us – literally – have at leat one old mobile phone hanging around in a drawer somewhere.
Find yours and make some money out of it!
- How much could you make recycling your mobile phone?
- How do you recycle your mobile phone?
- Try our mobile phone recycling tool for quick money
You can make anything from £2.50 to £350 per handset depending on what it is and what condition it’s in. Even if you want to make money for charity through your recycling, you can sell your phone this way and then use the money to give to charity.
It’s up to you what you do with the cash but make sure you get the most you possibly can!
There are various ways to do it.
- You can put it on eBay. This can be a good way of making more money with your phone, particularly if it is a good iPhone or Samsung Galaxy. The drawback is that you might have to wait a while to get a sale and you might have to bring the price down if it doesn’t sell.
- You can take it to Argos and get vouchers in exchange. This is nice and quick and good if you like Argos! The drawback here is that you might not want to spend at Argos. Also, it’s likely that you won’t get as much as you would selling it on eBay.
- You could take it to a mobile phone shop and do a part-exchange. This will make your new phone cheaper and it’s a nice, quick way of getting value from your phone. However, the trade-in price is not necessarily favourable to you.
- You can contact a few different mobile phone recycling companies such as Envirophone,,, Mazuma Mobile, B Mobile,or Fonebank which will quote you an amount for your phone, depending on the make, model, age and condition of your phone. They can give good rates and it’s quick money but, ideally, you should try a few different companies to get the best price.
- You can use the MoneyMagpie mobile phone recycling tool which compares loads of different recycling companies’ offers for your phone. It’s quick and easy and gets you the best price from the recycling companies.
Obviously we are biassed! However, we do think this is a great way to get maximum cash for your old phone which is currently wasting valuable space in your drawer.
The thing is you can actually make good money from your old phone, particularly if it’s a broken iPhone or Blackberry. Other phones may not bring in much.. But whatever phone you have, you might as well get the most you’re able to get.
Just go to our comparison tool, put your phone make and model in the box and you will be shown how much you could get for it from a variety of recyclers including Envirophone,,, Mazuma Mobile, B Mobile,or Fonebank.
How much did you make from your old phone? Tell us in the comments below!