The CompTIA Core series exams are required to obtain the A+ certification. The code of the first test is 220-1001, while the second one is 220-1002. These exams measure the candidates’ expertise in network troubleshooting, networking technology, ExamCollection virtualization, Cloud computing, software troubleshooting, OS installation and configuration, hardware, expanded security, and operational procedures.
Basically, the CompTIA A+ exams focus on exams on the growing sections of the Information Technology support role, including the expansion of the basic security topics and different kinds of approaches to defining competence in operational procedures. If you are looking to become CompTIA certified by obtaining the A+ certification, ExamTopics you must take and clear the prerequisite tests. Let’s focus now on the first exam – 220-1001.
Description of CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) exam
The current version of the CompTIA A+ Core 1 exam is known as CompTIA 220-1001. It covers virtualization and Cloud computing, networking technology, mobile devices, hardware, and network troubleshooting. ExamCollection The recommended prerequisite for taking this test is a year of experience working as an IT support specialist. The points below best describe the 220-1001 exam:
- Number of questions: The exam has a maximum of 90 questions and is usually referred to as a linear test, meaning that the candidates taking it can go forward or backward within the exam and mark items and even change answers if needed. Pass4sure And if you still have time, you can go through all your answers to double-check.
- Types of questions: The CompTIA 220-1001 exam consists of drag and drop, multiple-choice (multiple and single responses) and performance-based questions.
- Time limit: The students have 90 minutes to take the full exam.
- Passing score: To pass the Core 1 test, you need to score 675 points on a 100-900 scale. This is equivalent to about 72% of the total number of questions, though it is not easy to calculate the exact worth of every question. When preparing for the exam, try to score about 85% or higher in your practice tests in order to know that you are ready to take the actual exam.
- Pricing: This certification test costs $226.
Preparation options for CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) exam
You can prepare for the CompTIA 220-1001 exam through self-study or coursework. As for the first option, you get the necessary resources, including practice tests or exam dumps, official guides and books, even recorded videos from a trusted platform, and use them for training. Moreover, the students can take an instructor-led course online or attend classes. They can also sign up for self-paced online courses available on the vendor’s webpage. Testking You can choose any tool that is ideal for your learning style, but we recommend that you use only effective and updates materials, for instance, practice tests. They can identify your weak areas in the exam content and improve them in the shortest period of time.
The CompTIA A+ certification can boost your resume and significantly increase your value in the IT job market. But more importantly, this credential will equip you with the necessary skills required in the field. ITExams Take the 220-1001 exam to move a step closer to earning your certificate and open the way to career perspectives in the top IT companies.