MoneyMagpie

Join MoneyMagpie today!
May 24

Make money at the bookies…without gambling a penny!

Ask a question

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
74 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Charlotte Mitchell-Innes
Charlotte Mitchell-Innes

Selling ‘make your own’ flower garlands at local fair

Irene Murdoch
Irene Murdoch
2 years ago

I make money from being a mystery shopper and doing surveys and competitions online.

margaret
margaret
2 years ago

I am an avid competition enterer. I sell all my wins that I don’t want.

Adrian Clarke
Adrian Clarke
2 years ago

Entering competitions and then selling winnings!

Ben Willis
Ben Willis

Buying clothes cheaply on ebay and relisting them with better photos

Christine Hobbs
Christine Hobbs
2 years ago

I have sold items I no longer require, I walk or to avoid the bus fare, I have a moneybox I cannot open and put lose change in last year it made £345 and I also grow plants from plugs or cuttings bring them on in my greenhouse then sell them on facebook. This alone pays for my holiday every year!!

Suz
Suz
2 years ago

online surveys, doesn’t take up too much time, and I find this is most convenient for me

Debbie Kent
Debbie Kent

Make a few pennies by doing on line surveys/ market research surveys

Leonie Ashenden
Leonie Ashenden
2 years ago

I make money by doing a lot of online surverys , I also scan my shopping and submit the till receipts and have a tv monitor on to monitor what I watch

Tracey Suzie Anderson
Tracey Suzie Anderson
2 years ago

A de-clutter once every six months and having a car boot sale or selling on Ebay is a great way to get tidy aswell as earning you extra pennies to save towards Christmas or a holiday 🙂

Reading Time: 3 mins

At MoneyMagpie we’re strictly against gambling. Trying to make cash at the bookies is risky business and chances are you’ll actually lose money. In the worst case scenario it could even become a serious problem for you. While there’re safe ways to do this, our general advice would always be: don’t gamble.

Matched betting, however, is something entirely different.

Don’t let the name put you off. Matched betting is a way to make money at the bookies without gambling. It has nothing to do with the traditional risks associated with placing a bet. No matter whether you win or lose, you still make money.

Sounds too good to be true or even slightly dodgy? Not at all.

Matched betting is legal because all you’re doing is taking advantage of promotional offers that the bookies themselves are putting out. It’s effective because you’re literally guaranteed to make money. It’s rare to find an opportunity that rewards your time with a guaranteed profit – especially at the bookies. You won’t be making £1,000 off a single bet, but you could earn over £1,500 tax free a month if you truly commit to it.

Bookies 101: What exactly is matched betting?

Hesds and Heads graphic

Matched betting is a technique where you take advantage of special offers promoted by bookmakers to attract new and existing customers. You’d be trying to get your hands on the free bets within these offers without risking your own money.

The idea is that you place a bet on an outcome and then also bet against it using a betting exchange. This allows you to access the free bet and make a profit without risking your own money to guarantee a profit.

You might want to use a matched betting service to find the offers you need and to help you work out exactly where to put your money.

Heads&Heads, for example, is a reliable service that will do the work for you and simplify the process. Here’s a step-by-step guide:

1. Heads&Heads find the right offers for you
  2. You choose the preferred offer. For example, Coral have an offer on: bet £5 and get a £20 free bet
  3. You place a £5 bet with Coral on a horse to win
  4. You place another £5 on the same horse to lose with a betting exchange
  5. These bets will then cancel each other out and you’ll now have access to your free bet without risking your own money
  6. Place your bet and withdraw your profit

It’s this simple. And there’s more good news: the money you make through bookmakers is tax free. If, for example, you make £1,500 in one month – which isn’t unrealistic – it’s all yours.

Why Heads & Heads?

Heads&Heads was set up by a matched betting expert who believes that matched betting as an industry has a huge potential to become a respected and accepted method of investment/saving.

The website has over 150 up-to-date offers and it adds 15+ reloads every day. Plus there’s a first-class customer service – no annoying robots or call centres.

Heads&Heads aren’t part of a parent company or funded by an outside entity. If they make a recommendation, it comes from the site founder. Not with any strings being pulled by someone else in the background.

This is the perfect platform to start out with matched betting.

Get started now.

Selling ‘make your own’ flower garlands at local fair

Irene Murdoch
Irene Murdoch

margaret
margaret
2 years ago

I am an avid competition enterer. I sell all my wins that I don’t want.

Adrian Clarke
Adrian Clarke
2 years ago

Entering competitions and then selling winnings!

Ben Willis