MoneyMagpie

Join MoneyMagpie today!
May 24

Make money at the bookies…without gambling a penny!

Ask a question

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
74 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Simone Kilshaw
Simone Kilshaw
2 years ago

To earn extra money I enter surveys ISAY, Swagbucks etc. I also use checkoutsmart app which isnt extra money but increases my budget through decreasing my food costs. Selling things is a good idea especially waiting for promotions to come up such as sell for a £1 max on ebay. Looking for supermarket vouchers also helps.

Stephanie Leow
Stephanie Leow
2 years ago

Get a free bet on an app like William Hill. Use that to get accumulating free bets. Eventually get money when you bet on everything with your free bets.

Louise Walton
Louise Walton
2 years ago

We have a local Facebook page for our town, on wanted Wednesday people post things they are looking for. I then look at anything wanted that we might want to get rid of and sell it on to them to make a few pounds from our unwanted items.

Hannah Smalley
Hannah Smalley
2 years ago

I love cashback apps to get free food and drinks, usually these offers are on treats I wouldn’t normally include on my list so works well for us!

fionajk42
fionajk42
2 years ago

I enter competiitons as a hobby. I’ve won loads of stuff which is really helpful as I’m on a tight budget.

Angela Robinson
Angela Robinson

Entering competitions on Twitter

Lindsey Clark (@LindseyClark20)

Renting my Bedroom out via Airbnb. Ive met some really nice people through it and the extra money helps pay for furnishings, so its been a win-win!

Angela Macdonald
Angela Macdonald
2 years ago

Entering competitions and also buying at carboots/auctions and then selling on ebay

Danielle
Danielle
2 years ago

Entering Competitions saves spending money on the treats, and that way we don’t have to be tight on buying the essentials

Malika
2 years ago

Hooked on to Swagbucks – great website which gives me points for watching videos, filling out surveys, daily to do tasks of checking various offers and simply searching! Would highly recommend 🙂

Reading Time: 3 mins

At MoneyMagpie we’re strictly against gambling. Trying to make cash at the bookies is risky business and chances are you’ll actually lose money. In the worst case scenario it could even become a serious problem for you. While there’re safe ways to do this, our general advice would always be: don’t gamble.

Matched betting, however, is something entirely different.

Don’t let the name put you off. Matched betting is a way to make money at the bookies without gambling. It has nothing to do with the traditional risks associated with placing a bet. No matter whether you win or lose, you still make money.

Sounds too good to be true or even slightly dodgy? Not at all.

Matched betting is legal because all you’re doing is taking advantage of promotional offers that the bookies themselves are putting out. It’s effective because you’re literally guaranteed to make money. It’s rare to find an opportunity that rewards your time with a guaranteed profit – especially at the bookies. You won’t be making £1,000 off a single bet, but you could earn over £1,500 tax free a month if you truly commit to it.

Bookies 101: What exactly is matched betting?

Hesds and Heads graphic

Matched betting is a technique where you take advantage of special offers promoted by bookmakers to attract new and existing customers. You’d be trying to get your hands on the free bets within these offers without risking your own money.

The idea is that you place a bet on an outcome and then also bet against it using a betting exchange. This allows you to access the free bet and make a profit without risking your own money to guarantee a profit.

You might want to use a matched betting service to find the offers you need and to help you work out exactly where to put your money.

Heads&Heads, for example, is a reliable service that will do the work for you and simplify the process. Here’s a step-by-step guide:

1. Heads&Heads find the right offers for you
  2. You choose the preferred offer. For example, Coral have an offer on: bet £5 and get a £20 free bet
  3. You place a £5 bet with Coral on a horse to win
  4. You place another £5 on the same horse to lose with a betting exchange
  5. These bets will then cancel each other out and you’ll now have access to your free bet without risking your own money
  6. Place your bet and withdraw your profit

It’s this simple. And there’s more good news: the money you make through bookmakers is tax free. If, for example, you make £1,500 in one month – which isn’t unrealistic – it’s all yours.

Why Heads & Heads?

Heads&Heads was set up by a matched betting expert who believes that matched betting as an industry has a huge potential to become a respected and accepted method of investment/saving.

The website has over 150 up-to-date offers and it adds 15+ reloads every day. Plus there’s a first-class customer service – no annoying robots or call centres.

Heads&Heads aren’t part of a parent company or funded by an outside entity. If they make a recommendation, it comes from the site founder. Not with any strings being pulled by someone else in the background.

This is the perfect platform to start out with matched betting.

Get started now.