A head-on collision is one of the deadliest types of accidents that happen in Texas and other states across the country. Head-on collisions are further complicated by high rates of speed. Injured victims need to be aware of their rights so they can do everything possible to protect themselves. This guide offers information that helps injured victims get the fair compensation they deserve.
Texas Car Crashes Cause Massive Injuries
In 2019, there were 597 deaths as a result of head-on collisions. When death does not occur, injured passengers deal with a range of injuries, including concussions, whiplash, broken bones, and internal injuries. Recovery times are long. Sometimes, individuals never fully recover. Those who need further information will learn more at wyattlawfirm.com.
Every injured victim has rights afforded to them under the law. Informed individuals understand and exercise their rights as injured victims. No one should have to pay for the damages caused by a driver’s negligence. The following are some of the rights of injured victims. Individuals will gain further understanding by scheduling a consultation appointment with a lawyer.
- Injured victims have the right to call the police to the scene of the head-on accident, and they should.
- A person has the right to request the names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Individuals also have the right to seek medical care.
- An injured victim has the right to obtain a certified copy of their police report for their records.
- If a victim does not want to talk to the insurance adjuster, they may decline the request.
- Injured victims also have the right to seek legal assistance from a lawyer.
One of the first things a person needs to do is to seek medical attention. Many injured victims make the mistake of waiting to seek medical care because they think their injuries are not severe enough. No matter how minor the injuries appear, medical attention helps ensure there are no serious internal injuries. Medical records are also important for proving injuries in a liability claim.
After a person is under medical care, the next step is to schedule a consultation appointment. Many lawyers offer free consultation appointments. A consultation appointment is important for learning about legal options and rights. The following are some of the things injured victims will learn at a consultation with a lawyer.
- Injured accident victims will learn about the rights they hold as a victim.
- The injured victim will also discover their legal options for seeking compensation.
- An injured victim will learn if their case is viable and will stand up in court.
- Individuals will also learn how they can get the medical care they need.
The lawyer will go to work on investigating the claim right away. Lawyers also offer negotiation services. The goal of the lawyer will be to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company. Should the insurance company refuse to settle fairly, there are options for heading to court.
Get the Legal Help You Need
No injured victim should have to navigate the legal waters alone when they have been injured in a head-on collision. Many lawyers offer free consultation appointments for injured victims. Lawyers also offer contingency arrangements. This type of arrangement allows individuals to get the legal help they need without upfront fees. If the lawyer loses the case, the injured party will owe no fees. Now is the time to seek legal help.
Disclaimer: MoneyMagpie is not a licensed financial or legal advisor and therefore information found here including opinions, commentary, suggestions or strategies are for informational, entertainment or educational purposes only. This should not be considered as financial or legal advice. Anyone thinking of investing should conduct their own due diligence.