Learn more about staying healthy post the COVID-19 pandemic in this article from Cigna Global.
Cigna Global is an industry leader in providing private medical insurance. Cigna Global plans allow you to look after your health and well-being, all across the globe.
COVID-19 has forced us to fundamentally shift how we operate as humans in a very short window. We have adapted quickly to interacting with friends and loved ones solely through screens. While that has helped us with our emotional fulfilment, the question is if we will ever return to our former status quo and how will we be able to remain healthy?
The world is going to be vastly different when we come out of quarantine and look ahead to a post COVID-19 era.
Here are some quick tips to follow to help you re-adjust and stay healthy
Integrating back into life
Once lockdown is eased, apart from enjoying regained freedoms, you can consider what you would like to continue from your habits during lockdown. Maybe you started an online exercise class, read more, or enjoyed gardening? It can be rewarding and even reassuring to continue with these new activities as we go into the next phase of living with coronavirus-related restrictions.
Keeping to new restrictions
Another reaction after keeping to lockdown is to find it difficult once restrictions are lifted slightly to continue to adhere to new guidelines. You may feel impatient for life to go back to how it was before the pandemic. After feeling the pressure to conform it can be tempting to break away and resist, but these actions can be harmful to your or others’ health, and you could even be landed with a fine.
Dealing with the unknown
Living with uncertainty around the possibility of another upsurge in cases and potential lockdown, plus an uncertain economic situation is unsettling and can lead to feelings of anxiety. If you’re feeling overwhelmed try to think too much about the months ahead. Instead, focus on what you have planned today and tomorrow.
Advice for parents
As the world gradually emerges from lockdown, full-time working parents may experience difficulties adapting to the new normal.
Navigating life back in the office while ensuring that school aged kids at home are coping well may be tricky, especially after remotely working from home for such a prolonged period of time.
While it is not possible to predict the longer-term impact on parents and families post the COVID-19 pandemic, there are some things that you can do as a parent.
Here are three tips that can help to ease your child’s anxiety in the first few weeks.
- Speak to your child honestly. Let them know that as you are going back to work and point out the things that will change in the new situation. Assure them that you will still be spending time and doing fun activities when you are at home.
- Continue building stronger relationships through creative outlets. Plan activities that the family was not able to do during the lockdown period, such as heading outdoors for a stroll, or having a picnic at the park.
- Check in with your child about what they are hearing. As your child heads back to school, it is good to check in regularly to find out what your child is hearing or what they think is true. Use this as an opportunity to dispel rumours and inaccurate information about the COVID-19 pandemic.
Let Cigna help you put your health first
At Cigna Global, we are leaders in providing private health insurance to keep you protected.
- We have an extensive medical network of over 1.65 million partnerships. Our network is comprised of trusted hospitals, clinics and medical practitioners all around the world.
- Our multilingual, highly experienced Customer Care team are available 24 hours a day. We will be available for you, when you need us most.
- You will have access to our Clinical Case Management programme that is carried out by our dedicated team of doctors and nurses. They will provide support if you are diagnosed with serious or complex health conditions to bring you the full medical support you deserve.