Finding the right home warranty provider for you isn’t that easy. You will have to check different companies, compare their plans, and read reviews. It is all about finding the provider that offers great value for your money. On the other hand, you want to work with a reliable and professional company. We know that malfunctions can happen unexpectedly, so a convenient communication with them is crucial.
American Home Shield is one of the providers that offer this kind of service. Any potential customer would like to know more about the included coverage in their plans. They offer a total of four different plans, so everyone can find the one that suits their needs. The best thing is that you can pay additional add ons if you want to include other systems in the plan.
Home warranty plans
The price for service calls stars at $75. You can choose to pay a larger fee of $125, which will reduce the payment for your plan.
- The Appliance Plan covers 10 of the basic appliances. All of the malfunctions that occur as a result of normal wear and tear will be repaired. This plan covers all parts for ovens, cooktops, washer, and dryer. Items that don’t fall under coverage are freestanding freezers, wine chiller, septic tanks, saunas, well pumps, and other additional features. You should check in detail to see what is included with each category.
- The Systems Plan covers 12 essential home systems.
- Combo Plan covers the appliances and systems. It is a feasible combination of the two previous plans.
- Custom Plan allows you to pick 10 items to be included in your home warranty plan. This is a very convenient plan, as it is quite flexible and will allow you to get the best value.
- You also have an option to include add-ons to any of these plans. This allows you to include electronics, pool, spa, well pump, septic pump, and even a guest house.
Pick your plan
Picking the right plan isn’t easy, as you need to have a few things on your mind. This provider allows you to customize the coverage. It means that you can choose what you want to be covered by your home warranty plan. This will maximize the value and you won’t have to pay for items that already have a warranty.
According to American Home Shield reviews, the company allows you to choose a contractor. They have a list of trusted contractors, and you have the freedom to choose the most convenient one. However, keep in mind that your choice is limited to the list of their contractors. You can’t hire your favorite contractor to finish the job.
Another great perk that is included in your plan is the free disposal of broken items. This is very important, as other companies will charge for this service. You should consider this cost when you do calculations on which company is the best one for you.