Do you grow your own fruits, vegetables or even mushrooms? (no, the ones between your toes don’t count!… yuk!)
Once upon a time we all used to grow our own food, it was hard work but eventually we would enjoy the fruits of our labour (literally)! These days there’s no accomplishment in acquiring food. We don’t give ourselves a pat on the back for that trip to the supermarket and often mass produced foods don’t taste as flavourful as those grown organically.
Watching your own plants grow and fruit can be so exciting and rewarding and it really doesnt need to be a lot of effort!
Grow Wild are giving away FREE mushroom grow kits to you and your friends so you can start growing you own produce with no chemicals and far superior flavours, and did we mention they’re free!
About the Grow Kits
These fungus kits are a great way to learn about the fungi kingdom and they’re fun. Obviously. It’s in the name.
Grow Wild want as many people as possible to appreciate and value fungi, so they’re inviting teams across the UK to take up the challenge of growing a fungus. And once your fungus fruits, you will have tasty mushrooms to eat together!
The kits are ideal for indoors, so they’re suggesting teams could be in schools, colleges, halls of residence, offices and other workplaces. You could even have several teams in one location, competing for whose fungus grows the fastest, biggest, most beautiful mushroom.
Each team will need:
- Chief Executive of Fungus Growing – you’re the one who will sign up your team and make sure everyone knows their responsibilities
- Fridge Monitor in Chief – needs access to a fridge
- Pasteurisation Executive – they’re in charge of the pasteurisation process so will need a kettle and a bowl or bucket. Oh, and they should really be an adult!
- Director of Mycelium Dispersion – don’t worry, this will all become clear
- Vice-President of Fungal Hydration – must be willing to get wet (not really)
If you have a bigger team then these roles could be shared.
How to Claim
Just gather a grow team (or do it solo) and then fill in the form and they’ll send you your Free grow kit(s)!
Please note: You’ll receive a confirmation email once you’ve applied. Please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery.
This competition/freebie is from a third party that has no association with MoneyMagpie. We cannot be held responsible for any issues you have with this giveaway. Please read all the terms and conditions before filling in any personal details. If you have any problems please contact Grow Wild.
About Grow Wild
Grow Wild transforms spaces and changes lives through UK native wildflowers and fungi.
Supported by the Big Lottery Fund, Grow Wild is the national outreach initiative of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Through them millions of people are doing something positive where they live; connecting with wildflowers, fungi and places around them, taking notice of nature, getting active, learning new things and sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm.
They believe that this simple act of creativity can turn spaces into beautiful, inspiring and colourful wildlife havens; encouraging people to care for and delight in the nature around them.
Why UK native wildflowers?
In the UK we’re lucky to have some amazing wildflowers, but they’re in danger: we have lost 97% of wildflower meadows since the 1930s.
This not only means less colour in our lives but it’s impacting on populations of butterflies, bees, pollinating bugs and birds. Grow Wild believe that the simple act of sowing UK native wildflowers can make a difference – and that it can bring neighbourhoods together, connect people to nature and boost our wellbeing.
Terms & Conditions for Fungus Kits 2018
Grow Wild Fungus Kits are:
- Only available to Fungus Kit Teams based in the UK. Applications from outside of the UK will not be considered.
- Designed as a team activity and are not intended for people wishing to grow a fungus on their own.
- Subject to availability. Stocks for each country are limited and are split according to population per country and expected demand.
- Available free to successful Fungus Kit teams. Success is determined by the number of teams based at the same location, for example there will only be a limited number of kits available for ‘Solo Teams’. Success is also determined by the extent to which Fungus Kit teams will engage Grow Wild’s target beneficiary audiences: children aged 5-11 years old, young people aged 12-25, adults disengaged from nature, and disadvantaged adults living in or near an area within the top 30% of the national Indices of Multiple Deprivation (IMD), date of submission (i.e. first come first served). Successful Fungus Kit Teams will be notified before the end of April 2018. Unsuccessful Fungus Kit Teams will be notified at the same time.
- Larger than some letterboxes, so successful Fungus Kit Teams will need to be aware of this at point of despatch.
- Subject to change where items may differ from that advertised across promotional material and online.
- Not to be sold, used as competition prizes, or otherwise given in exchange for goods or services.
- Not to be promoted or advertised on freebie websites.
Fungus Kit Team Leaders (Chief Executives of Fungus Growing) are required to:
- Be 18 years of age or over.
- Ensure that if they are provide contact information for other Team Leaders, these other Team Leaders are happy for their information to be passed to Grow Wild.
- Ensure that the information and delivery address supplied in the Grow Wild application form is accurate. Grow Wild is not responsible for any inaccurate or unsuccessful deliveries.
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of their group members when carrying out activities using the kit.
- Complete the necessary photo consent forms as advised in Grow Wild’s photography policy when taking photographs of group members participating in Grow Wild activities.
- Reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion at any time. Notification will be made on the Grow Wild website.
- Does not guarantee that Fungus Kit Teams who apply for kits using the Grow Wild application form will receive a kit.
- Does not guarantee that the fungus will successfully grow into a mushroom.
- May contact Fungus Kit Team Leaders and team members to take part in promotional activities and evaluation surveys.