Did you know you can sow wildflower seeds in Autumn? It can be tricky but there are lots of great reasons to sow at this time of year. We may still be in the heart of the beautiful British Summertime right now but you can still grab yourself a free wildflower growing kit (limited availability).
About Your free wildflower seed pack
Grow Wild have a limited number of free wildflower seeds to help get you started filling the world with flowers! These are allocated based on a combination of first come, first served and the extent to which you’ll be involving the people Grow Wild most wants to get growing. Find out more in the T&Cs below.
Get Yours Here
This competition/freebie is from a third party that has no association with MoneyMagpie. We cannot be held responsible for any issues you have with this giveaway. Please read all the terms and conditions before filling in any personal details. If you have any problems please contact the promoter.
Terms & Conditions for Autumn seed sowing 2018
The Autumn seed sowing campaign:
- Includes emails from Grow Wild informing people how to sow wildflower seeds from Autumn 2018 and during 2019 as they flower and set seed.
- Provides an opportunity for people signing up to receive free wildflower seeds for them to sow.
- Allocations for free wildflower seeds will be based on 1) availability (stocks for each country are limited – especially in Scotland – and are split according to population per country and expected demand) and 2) the extent to to which the recipient will be engaging Grow Wild’s target beneficiary audiences (children under 12, young people aged 12-25, adults living in disadvantaged areas, and adults disengaged from nature).
- Anyone that has been selected to also receive free wildflower seeds will be notified by Monday 10 September. Anyone that has not been selected will be notified at the same time, along with information on where they might source their own wildflower seeds.
Free wildflower seeds are:
- Only available to people in the UK. Submissions from outside the UK will not be considered.
- Country-specific: seeds must be grown and sown within the country stated on the application form. Applications for England will only be supplied with England seeds; applications for Scotland will only be supplied with Scotland seeds, etc.
- Delivered in time for Autumn sowing, therefore kits will be sent out in mid-September, although this may be subject to change.
- Larger than some letterboxes, so successful recipients will need to be aware of this at point of despatch.
- Subject to change where items may differ from that advertised across promotional material and online.
- Not to be sold, used as competition prizes, or otherwise given in exchange for goods or services.
- Not to be promoted or advertised on freebie websites.
- Not to be sown in or around natural or conservation areas. For more information please see our FAQs.
Wildflower seed recipients are required to:
- Be 16 years of age or over.
- Select, on the entry form, the country where their growing space is located. This is so that we send the right seeds to the right country.
- Ensure that the information and delivery address supplied in the Grow Wild application form is accurate. Grow Wild is not responsible for any inaccurate or unsuccessful deliveries.
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of any group members when carrying out suggested activities.
- Complete the necessary photo consent forms as advised in Grow Wild’s photography policy when taking photographs of people participating in activities, if sharing these photos with Grow Wild.
- Have land owner’s permission before starting their sowing activities.
- If the applicant is under 18 years of age, a responsible adult (someone over the age of 18) must help them undertake the above tasks.
- Reserves the right to withdraw or amend this campaign at any time. Notification will be made on the Grow Wild website.
- Does not guarantee that all entries to the Autumn sowing campaign will receive free wildflower seeds.
- Does not guarantee that all the wildflowers listed on the website will appear when sown.
- May contact campaign participants to take part in promotional activities and evaluation surveys.