We’re giving one lucky reader the chance to win a dog food bundle from Vet’s Kitchen!
Win a dog food bundle from Vet’s Kitchen including:
– 1 x 1kg Protect & Care Dry Dog Food Salmon & Brown Rice (Senior)
– 2 x Little Stars Chicken Treats for Smart Dogs
– 2 x Little Stars Salmon Treats for Active Dogs
– 2 x Little Stars Pork Treats for Sensitive Dogs (Grain Free)
Teaching an old dog new tricks…
Pet food brand, Vet’s Kitchen, have launched an initiative to support the nation’s older dogs this summer. The brand is offering a free consultation with their in-house pet nutritionist, Fiona Firth, plus new 1kg bags across the entire dog food range. This initiative will enable pet owners to trial their dog with a new product, from sensitive care to healthy weight, in a cost-effective manner.
“A lot of pet owners keep their dog on the same diet without realising that it can be beneficial to switch at the different life stages. When it comes to supporting older dogs, we advise owners choose a ‘senior’ product when their pet turns seven,” says managing director Laura Shears.
According to Vet’s Kitchen pet nutritionist Fiona Firth, “Choosing an age-appropriate food for your dog will give them the nutritional boost and support they need to stay healthy for longer. I recommend Vet’s Kitchen’s Senior range for dogs over seven, which includes higher levels of glucosamine for joint support, as well as ingredients to support a healthy heart and maintain a healthy weight.”
Dog’s metabolisms slow as they get older, which means they can gain weight. Choosing a different food can help them stay in shape and avoid the problems that come from being overweight, including putting unnecessary strain on joints and heart problems. Simply reducing calorie intake can be problematic though, which is why switching to a senior food that contains high quality protein and lower fat levels is recommended.
Unfortunately, 80% of dogs aged 8+ have osteoarthritis. Additional joint supplements in senior foods may slow down the onset of this problem, although sadly not prevent it. The Vet’s Kitchen senior range contains glucosamine for extra joint support. The brand recommends owners contact their vet and find out how to manage the pain if they suspect their dog is suffering or in pain from stiff joints.
“There are a number of questions a dog owner should ask themselves before selecting the right food for their dog. Age is an important factor, as well as whether they have a sensitive stomach, or are a little overweight. Vet’s Kitchen have products that care for dogs of all shapes and sizes. Our simple flowchart can help owners find the perfect food for their dog.” says Fiona.
To find out more about Vet’s Kitchen visit vetskitchen.co.uk.
To enter simply follow the instructions below.
The competition closes on Wednesday 21st July at midnight. The winner will be announced on our competition winners page. Good luck everyone!
Terms and conditions
- This competition is promoted by MoneyMagpie (“Promoter”).
- Competition entry is only open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or older. No purchase necessary.
- Prize is supplied by Vet’s Kitchen.
- The competition is not open to employees (and their families) of the Promoter MoneyMagpie or partner Vet’s Kitchen, their agents or related third parties who are directly connected with the administration of the competition.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for lost or late competition entries.
- The winner will be chosen at random by an independent judge and will be notified via email or telephone. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition you consent to being communicated to by the Promoter. Following such notification, the winner will be required to send the Promoter full details of their postal address to which the prize will be delivered (if applicable).
- If the Promoter cannot: (a) contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within 5 working days or (b) the winner does not return details of its postal address to the Promoter within 14 days of notification that they have won the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw a new winner until a winner on these terms is found.