- Find out the genuine mystery shopping agencies - not the dodgy ones that take your money - here http://t.co/4L7vPg0WPJ… #newslettercomp (23rd Jul 2014 - 11:00)
- Pensions for babies. Yes it's a real thing. Take a look here... http://t.co/pKHkQ4ALeT #savemoney #pensions #invest http://t.co/88fGkT8ydq (22nd Jul 2014 - 14:20)
- What is a social enterprise? Read our guide here... http://t.co/nH7Ef11eA0 … #business #startup #socialenterprise http://t.co/o5rpFLKIV2 (22nd Jul 2014 - 12:40)
- Help @Jasmine raise money to help children in her local area. #Donate today here... https://t.co/bh6zE0RtCL #charity http://t.co/pZ98cd9zl0 (22nd Jul 2014 - 10:45)
- Confused about freelance finances? Read our guide here... http://t.co/c5CkLzRUYT #freelance #selfemployed #startup http://t.co/TkVOf0whXc (22nd Jul 2014 - 08:40)
- Find out the genuine mystery shopping agencies - not the dodgy ones that take your money - here http://t.co/4L7vPg0WPJ… #newslettercomp (21st Jul 2014 - 12:08)
- Make the most of the hot weather with our cheap picnic ideas here... http://t.co/4PzkLaV3FZ #weather #sunday #picnic http://t.co/1px4kk409G (20th Jul 2014 - 12:10)
- Sign-up to our newsletter & get a #FREE copy of our ’8 Ways to make £80 in an hour’ #eBook http://t.co/S1iifOpniB http://t.co/YvFbmf1KR7 (20th Jul 2014 - 10:25)
- Help @Jasmine raise money to makeover a nursery. Donate to a good cause here... https://t.co/bh6zE0RtCL #charity http://t.co/NN2Ewj88uZ (20th Jul 2014 - 08:20)
- Help @Jasmine raise money to makeover a nursery. Donate to a good cause here... https://t.co/bh6zE0RtCL #charity http://t.co/zVFysoK38N (19th Jul 2014 - 17:25)
- Want to own a peanut butter maker? Enter our #competition here... http://t.co/fG8fFRk9LK #win #prize http://t.co/eNxwtTFxg2 (19th Jul 2014 - 14:25)
- See @Jasmine's 5 top tips for successful comping here... https://t.co/972Aljujqp #competition #win #prizes (19th Jul 2014 - 12:15)
- Have you subscribed to our Youtube channel? @Jasmine has lots of useful #advice to share. Subscribe here https://t.co/HVTq5FJ2UT #makemoney (19th Jul 2014 - 10:15)
- Take a look at our guide to #free city living here... http://t.co/QxYsoFCuwC #savemoney #London #weekend http://t.co/usUu4WfEG7 (19th Jul 2014 - 08:15)
- Get paid to help a new mum. Find out how here... http://t.co/pDuTD2rcQo #doula #Friday #childcare #job http://t.co/Qe3tOfCkFL (18th Jul 2014 - 18:10)
- Britain isn’t so shoddy either: Well done Germany; it was a well deserved victory. After humbling Brazil, Germ... http://t.co/cmNxK74Tka (18th Jul 2014 - 16:50)
- Want to make money answering the phone? Find out how here... http://t.co/7ikMhHmwuA #makemoney #job #money http://t.co/UewoyYeopb (18th Jul 2014 - 16:25)
Make over £200 a month with ads on your car!
Vehicle wrapping – taxis and buses do it, so why not your car? If you don’t mind driving around with a logo splashed across your bonnet, you could make more than £200 a month for very little effort.
It becomes even more attractive when you work out the cost of motoring these days. According to the RAC, the cost of running a car rose more than 11% in 2011 – to an eye-watering average of £2,743 a year! So if you fancy turning your car into a cash earner rather than a cash drainer without having to lift a finger, read on.
First things first, you’ve got to get the ad on to your car. The company that you sign up to will do this by applying an adhesive vinyl wrap to all or part of the vehicle.
Such ‘car wraps’ can be added and removed easily without spoiling the paintwork. In fact, it’s been shown to actually protect your car’s paintwork from UV rays, corrosion and light scratches.
Special transparent vinyl is used on the windows so it won’t interfere with your driving visibility. Full insurance is provided against any damage to the paintwork of your vehicle caused by the advert’s placement, so you don’t even need to worry if something does happen.
Some car wrapping companies, such as Money4Space , will then require you to drive a certain amount each month before paying you.
Others, like Comm-motion, won’t ask you to change your driving habits, but will match your driving routine to their advertisers’ needs.
Most companies accept vehicles of all sizes, from large vans to small hatchbacks or even flashy convertibles. All the adverts are custom made to fit your car and the specifications of their clients.
Saying this, they do prefer cars that are newer or in good condition. You will also be required to keep the outside of your car clean while the advert is on it – Comm-motion ask that you clean it once a fortnight – and report any damage to your car or the advert immediately.
Also, you’re free to turn down any branding allocated to your vehicle that you would not feel comfortable advertising.
In order to be considered for a wrap, most companies require their drivers to have:
- a clean driver’s licence
- a current MOT and road tax for the vehicle
- valid insurance for the duration of the contract
- no convictions for drink driving, manslaughter or dangerous driving causing death.
Remember, you’ll be expected to always drive responsibly – an erratic, speeding driver is probably not going to create the best impression for the advertiser!
You can still become part of the scheme if you happen to drive a company car, providing your company gives you permission of course. Car wrap groups can also offer corporate packages if you have a fleet of cars, vans or trucks that you are interested in registering.
In addition to getting paid, you reduce the risk of your car being stolen with such unique bodywork. You may even get freebies from the advertisers such as samples and discounts. Most car wrapping companies will also pay you if you refer other people to them.
Still interested? If you meet the above requirements, and think you can handle a little artwork on your car, then read on to find out just how much vehicle wrapping is worth!
The rate of pay varies according to the company and how much of your car you’re willing to get wrapped.
At present, Comm-motion offers three basic options:
- Max-wrap, up to £220: your whole vehicle is covered except the windscreen.
- Classic-wrap, up to £185: doors, side-panels, bonnet and rear of the vehicle are covered.
- Superside Plus, up to £150: coverage of door panels and part wings along with a visual on bonnet and/or rear.
Money4Space, meanwhile, offers these rates:
- Bronze, £60 for three months: only the rear screen is covered.
- Silver, £150 for three months: rear screen and rear quarter windows are covered.
- Gold, £225 for three months : doors, rear screen and rear quarter windows are covered.
- Platinum, £375 for three months: full coverage except windscreen.
Comm-motion pay the most out of the two; however, payment is made on a quarterly basis. Although Money4Space pay you less, you’ll get your money monthly with them – ideal if you need a more frequent cash injection. Both companies pay directly into your bank account.
How long a wrap is on your car depends on the advertiser’s request – it could be anything from two months up to 18 months. Once a wrap is removed, your car is considered eligible for another advert, though there is no guarantee Comm-motion or Money4Space can keep your car continuously wrapped.
However, there is potential here for you to make up to £2,640 per year – enough to pretty much cover all your annual motoring costs!
Register and get matched.
Comm-motion and Money4Space have an obvious place to ‘Register’ on their homepages – click on it to fill in the online form and wait for them to contact you. (Do note that some readers have told us this can take some time when a lot of people are applying to have their car wrapped.)
Once you pass through the registration process and meet all the requirements, you will be matched with a product or service.
You’ll then have to drop your car into a workshop for the advert to be placed, which should take up to one day (you may be able to have someone come and do it for you at your home, depending on how far away from a workshop you live).
All that’s left to do is hit the open road. Happy driving – and earning!
Get new money-making secrets every week for free. Signup here now!
Have you had ads on your car? Why not share your vehicle wrapping experience on our Facebook page?