- Jasmine: RT @Clevervideos: This is wonderful. A whole kid's orchestra with instruments made from landfill junk. http://t.co/FcJNDILpZQ (19th May 2013 - 20:22)
- Moneymagpie: Tax & recovery?: London taxes No not black cabs, but rather a thought from our Mayor Boris that London needs m... http://t.co/yLiIpB3pbH (19th May 2013 - 18:04)
- Jasmine: @clemencybh Grear prog this morning (listening now on iPlayer). The Vaughan Williams one of my all-time favourites. Thanks! (19th May 2013 - 15:56)
- Moneymagpie: Hooray! The website is back up and running. For your daily dose of #moneysaving #tips and #moneymaking #ideas visit http://t.co/Ez1t2WyGEv (19th May 2013 - 11:28)
- Moneymagpie: Woo hoo, the site's back up!! http://t.co/i4DEmdGmuy (19th May 2013 - 10:42)
- Jasmine: RT @ThePoke: It’s the final of #Eurovision tonight – use this card to generate your own personal bland euro-song http://t.co/9i3BKtzV0b (18th May 2013 - 17:47)
- Jasmine: @THEJamesWhale Horrendous (18th May 2013 - 17:00)
- Jasmine: RT @THEJamesWhale: Read this,what hope Is there for people like this.? http://t.co/pr7vSp8WNb via @MailOnline (18th May 2013 - 17:00)
- Jasmine: Lovely music from a choir I have just discovered - Renaissance http://t.co/icEyltCqeu - v restful! (18th May 2013 - 16:42)
- Jasmine: RT @ianbremmer: Average hourly wage for garment workers: Bangladesh: $.24 Cambodia: $.45 Pakistan: $.52 Vietnam: $.53 China: $1.26 (17th May 2013 - 18:21)
- Jasmine: @simoninthesand Boston. Lovely place! :) (17th May 2013 - 15:58)
- Jasmine: RT @AJMajid: “Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.” ~ William Ward (17th May 2013 - 14:42)
- Jasmine: @BJoshee Ugh yes! (17th May 2013 - 14:42)
- Jasmine: “Thinking outside the box” and “going forward” have been voted the most hated examples of management speak (17th May 2013 - 13:39)
- Jasmine: So impressed by Virgin Atlantic flights I made this month. Why can't all airlines be like them? (17th May 2013 - 13:19)
- Moneymagpie: Smile... #smile #friday #cuteanimals #dog http://t.co/x91OcATFPf (17th May 2013 - 13:03)
- Jasmine: RT @BBCBusiness: Ofcom: 'Too many' nuisance calls http://t.co/wfhsNq68MW <<true - close these companies down! (17th May 2013 - 11:15)
- Jasmine: V good analysis of recessonary politics across the West from John Kay http://t.co/nDt7ZNOWOR (17th May 2013 - 10:55)
- Moneymagpie: In the meantime why not try this brainteaser... http://t.co/XJpy3AGxM7 (16th May 2013 - 09:39)
- Moneymagpie: The website is still experiencing technical problems. We apologise for any inconvenience. We really hope to be up... http://t.co/u6g8Dm5Ybo (16th May 2013 - 09:13)
- Moneymagpie: @VeniceAFulton Sorry, it will be there v soon! (15th May 2013 - 23:26)
- Jasmine: Lovely story about the Candy Cab in NY http://t.co/uBsmrPzCFM (15th May 2013 - 23:19)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Tax & recovery? - http://t.co/R9VVZ4IBSV (15th May 2013 - 17:00)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Top tips for single travellers - http://t.co/SvbkeDr6TO (15th May 2013 - 14:45)
- Moneymagpie: We are still experiencing technical problems. The website is currently down. We hope to be up and running very soon. (15th May 2013 - 10:22)
- Jasmine: RT @ThePoke: Go to Google images. Type in 'Atari Breakout'. Have a nice day :) (via @peachesanscream) (14th May 2013 - 14:09)
- Jasmine: @UKPizzaLover Said it's cos I renewed late and it's 'in the system'!! (14th May 2013 - 14:08)
- Jasmine: @UKPizzaLover Bad. It seems it would take another 5 days if I transferred. Have just asked. (14th May 2013 - 13:20)
- Jasmine: @UKPizzaLover Yes that's what happened. Would it be quicker to move? Really? (14th May 2013 - 13:18)
- Jasmine: @WarrenSargent Quite! (14th May 2013 - 13:18)
- Moneymagpie: New article! Can I resell airline and train tickets? - http://t.co/QjpNNX9Bwb (14th May 2013 - 13:14)
- Moneymagpie: Due to a technical problem the website is currently down. Apologies for any inconvenience. We should be up and running very soon... (14th May 2013 - 12:28)
- Moneymagpie: @CBromleyMartin Thank you so much! Nightmare!! (14th May 2013 - 11:59)
- Moneymagpie: So sorry everyone. The site is still down It's a nightmare for us! (14th May 2013 - 11:24)
- Moneymagpie: @dallaswillcox Yes it's wful. Will let you know when it's up again (14th May 2013 - 11:24)
- Moneymagpie: @CBromleyMartin Yes it's awful! (14th May 2013 - 11:23)
- Moneymagpie: Take a look at our 31 brilliant #money making and money #saving #ideas. One for every single day of this month. http://t.co/UjkHof2af9 #save (14th May 2013 - 10:06)
- Moneymagpie: Sorry the site is down. Technical issues...aargh! Should be up again very soon. (13th May 2013 - 22:02)
- Moneymagpie: Check out these 10 easy ways to make quick cash... http://t.co/NIzsKt77tx … #makemoney #savemoney #quickcash #cash #money (13th May 2013 - 16:06)
- Moneymagpie: Sign up to our free #moneymaking and #moneysaving #newsletter here...http://t.co/S1iifOoOW1 … #freeebook #free (13th May 2013 - 16:04)
So why are some links in bold and others not?
Are we bold-ist or something? Heavens no – we love all fonts equally.
However, we feel that you should know which links can generate a small amount of revenue for us. There are two ways in which this clever little gizmo works:
- 1. (the majority) If you click through to another site to buy some goodies, the site from which you made the purchase might give us a few pence (or even a pound or two) as a ‘thanks for sending us the customer’.
- 2. (much less common) just by clicking on the link we might earn a few pence. This revenue is what pays for the staff, the office rent, the computers, the servers, the stationery, the phones and a whole heap of other stuff that you just don’t realise you are going to have to pay for until you get a site like this going.
In other words if you press those bold links we can continue to give you more tips, hints and ideas than you can shake a stick at.
So if you’d like to keep the site free to use and completely independent, then may we politely, gently, calmly and ever-so-slightly cutely, request that you press those bold links and click through to buy things from our site when we’ve found you a bargain ? Can we? Thank you.
What does it cost you to click these links? How can I put this. Zero. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip. Yep, it’s absolutely free to click those links.
We should also say that even though those bold links make us money, we are not influenced in any way by the companies and people who we link to. They have no say over what we write and they don’t see what we’ve written before we publish it. In essence, we remain totally independent from those companies whose links we embolden, which means you can be sure we’re giving you our honest opinion about them and their products.
Moneymagpie also uses software called Skimlinks, which is used by websites like Mumsnet, Telegraph.co.uk, Mirror.co.uk and Techradar.
Skimlinks turns some standard weblinks (mainly retail links to shops such as Amazon) into a tracked link. This enables retailers to see how many visitors are coming to them from this site. Then if Skimlinks receives a commission fee (for example people buy a product on Amazon that we have linked to) Moneymagpie will get a proportion of this fee.
The content of our articles is not changed in any way by Skimlinks. Like many other websites, we use Skimlinks as a way to help generate revenue from existing links – which helps us cover the cost of running the site, keeping it free to use.
What about the adverts?
Yes, we have banner advertising to help cover the costs. But we choose our adverts carefully – we only include products which we think are genuinely good. We also look into everything we advertise to make sure it’s legitimate – so you won’t find any scams on our site.
Of course we also use affiliate links as we’ve explained above, but we are determined to use them only to recommend the very best products.
Having banner adverts helps us to generate some of the revenue we need to cover the costs of the website without having to compromise our promise to research and reveal to you the best deals, bargains and money-making ideas.
So, if you see something you like, please click through. That way we might get a little bit of money that we can put straight back into finding yet more great money-makers and money-savers for you.