10 easy ways to make quick cash

10 easy ways to make quick cash

JasmineWant to make quick cash right now? Check out our ten top ways to make money fast, with the least amount of effort possible.

Perhaps you’re looking for easy ways to make money online from the comfort of your sofa, or perhaps you want to make sure your credit report is accurate and up to date so you can get the best deals.

Here are our 10 easy ways to make quick cash, and don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter for weekly quick-cash-making and money-saving ideas.

Make money with Toluna

Toluna is a great site to join up to. You not only earn points which you can later redeem for fantastic prizes, but you also have the opportunity to get free goodies.

Toluna have loads of products they need to have tested, such as hair gel and lip balm, so if you sign up you can get new things every month. Right now, for example, they’re getting people to test out men’s hair gel and some glossy lip balm.

Sign up to earn points and get freebies today.

Claim your FREE money-making email & eBook today

Sign up for FREE to our Make Money Newsletter and every Tuesday we’ll send you the inside tips YOU need to succeed.moneymagpie_making-extra-money-do-i-have-to-pay-extra-tax_money

Grab hold of our expert cash advice and run with it – it’s been created with the sole purpose of making you quick cash. What’s more, each issue also contains a lot of special bargains designed to save you cash, PLUS every new subscriber receives a FREE copy of  our ‘8 Ways to make £80 in an hour’ eBook.

Not yet a newsletter member? Become part of our team today and discover what you’ve been missing.

“Jasmine is the secret anyone wanting to save money or make money needs to know about. She is a treasure trove of information, expertise and advice.” Doug Richard, original Dragon from BBC series Dragons’ Den

Make money with your smartphone

Make quick cash selling your things

Make Quick Cash with ebayMake quick cash from your junk today! Clear your cupboards and your debts and quickly see how to make money by selling your old books, CDs and games. A survey by Swapgame  found that we could be debt-free as a nation if we sold our £1.8 billion of unused computer games!

We have a few article here that can help you get started:

the moneymagpie mobile recycling comparison tool

Save money with collective switching

Save money with collective switchingWant to save money on your energy bills?

Of course you do, who doesn’t!

That’s why you should consider taking part in collective switchingthe last campaign saved the average customer over £300 a year.

Collective switching begins with a group of people coming together, usually through a third party, to use their collective power to negotiate themselves a better deal from energy suppliers.

It’s a no obligation service, you don’t have to take the deal offered to you and it only takes two minutes to register.

So what are you waiting for?

Click here to find out more about collective switching.

Be paid for your opinion – online surveys

This is a sporadic way to make quick cash and it brings in a relatively small income, but it’s low effort and you’ve nothing to lose. It’s a great way to make quick cash from the comfort of your computer but make sure you NEVER pay to join an online survey site or reveal your credit card details.

Inside tip! Here are our favourite online survey sites. They’re completely free and have received a big thumbs-up from many of you. For maximum earnings set up a separate email account (so your personal one doesn’t get flooded with survey-related emails) and then register for free with all of them:moneymagpie_44-ways-to-make-extra-money_survey

If you like the sound of making quick cash through filling out online surveys make sure you check out our full article right here on the safe way to earn money by taking paid surveys.

Make money becoming a consultant for The Body Shop

10 easy ways to make quick cashYou can earn good money whilst working flexible hours as a consultant for The Body Shop.

Become your own boss, earn 25-30% commission on everything you sale, get free training and maybe even make some new friends.

No experience required, click here to become a consultant for The Body Shop.

Make sure your credit report is accurate and up to date

Your credit report summarizes your credit history, and it’s what lenders look at when they size up your credit application.

So it’s important to make sure that the data and information on it is accurate moneymagpie_10-easy-ways-to-make-quick-cash_credit-scoreand up-to-date, to give yourself the best chance of getting the deals you want – and at the rates you want.  Missed or late payments, different ways of listing your name and address, financial links to other people can all have an impact. Getting it right could help you to understand, protect and improve your finances.

You can use Credit Angel as a guide to help you understand your credit report, and how lenders might see your credit history. It can help you keep an eye on your progress before you next apply for credit.

Get your free 14 day trial with Credit Angel here.

Get this FREE guide about stocks and shares ISAs

moneymagpie_10-easy-ways-to-make-quick-cash_guide-bookEveryone has goals for the future. At Moneymagpie we are big advocates of stocks and shares ISAs as they outperform cash ISAs over the long term.

This guide will help you understand more about stocks and shares ISAs, what they can offer and what types of investments can be included in this tax efficient wrapper. Download this free guide now to get all the information you need.

Dianomi have a great selection of guides available on a lot of different topics.

Make up to £400 a month as a mystery shopper!

Fancy getting paid to eat out, shop and even go on holiday? Try mystery shopping!

Our editor Jasmine has been a mystery shopper for over five years now, earning decent money on the side while bagging brilliant freebies left, right and centre.

moneymagpie_10-easy-ways-to-make-quick-cash_mystery-shoppingNow you can too! Download your special guide for:

• A step-by-step walkthrough on how to become a mystery shopper
  • Details of all the best mystery shopping firms
  • Essential tips on how to make money and land freebies that’ll make your friends jealous!

You can nab this indispensible guide to mystery shopping for less than half price – just £3.49 (RRP £7) Claim yours now!

Win £30,000 worth of prizes

moneymagpie_10-easy-ways-to-make-quick-cash_note-fanDownload the free Nielsen Survey App on to your home computer and be entered into a competition to win prizes worth up to £30,000!

This is such an easy way to potentially make big money, which is why we’re so keen on it… you don’t really have to do anything. The longer you keep it on your computer, the more competition entries you will get, it’s as simple as that.

Download the app here now.

P.S. Moneymagpie’s number one way to SAVE money on your credit card bill!

moneymagpie_10-easy-ways-to-make-quick-cash_credit-cardsThose are your ten easy ways to make quick cash, but what about saving a bit of money? Credit card costs are going up and up but you can cut your monthly bill by switching your balance to the best 0% deal on the market.Barclaycard has increased its 0% balance transfer period to a great 34 months! Imagine, no interest to pay for over two years! You could pay your bill off in double-quick time and still have money left over for extras. Breathe easily with months and months of no extra costs when you pay your credit card.

264 responses to “10 easy ways to make quick cash”

1. Arthur says:

All of those ‘easy’ methods require effort (some more than others).

Renting a room or a driveway is hardly ‘quick’ or ‘easy’.

• sam says:

thats very true it costs money to rent a room or drivway to start off with before you make anything from it

• tim says:

thats so correct. The absolute least you can do is to put effort into a free survey site for money. Most are scams though. I use prizerebel, and it has been good to me. I made over 60 bucks in a week sitting at home doing surveys. With the help of their guides of course. But the catch is the referrals, If you get people to go on the website, you make like half of what their making, by doing nothing. So if you want to try, please use my referral link. I would appreciate it.

2. billy says:

All you people involved in trying to help us out there ,thank you for taking the time. :)

3. ffion jenkins says:

I’m thirteen nd need a job or an easy way 2 make money pliz help mee

4. Tony says:

Hay my goal is to make 9Grand a month, i am saving(i have a high intrest cash ISA) to buy a rental house and do surveys but what elses can i do

5. tanya mahon says:

Hi everyone,
    I have just noticed your website on a search engine, im in need of some extra income, i have just had a baby and i already had a two year old, i took a 10,000 pound drop after my first daughter and now only work part time, we have lost our house and got debts that need to be paid, im trying to start up a cake business from home which isnt doing well as many “friends” who said they wanted cakes have gone somewhere else which is upsetting, things are getting to tight now, i have tried online surveys but they arent good enough or quick enough they never seem to have any for me to do, any information would be great.

• Natalie Bourne says:

Hi Tanya,

Sorry to hear about your business not doing so well unfortunately many people have cottoned on to the cake wagon so may be get paid to do something that can be done everyday. My friend’s mum goes around to the local business park offering to do washing and ironing for business men and women. She charges about £10 per bag (ironing only) and sits in front of Eastenders doing it. If not there’s Avon and Betterware selling which is very popular.

I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck.

6. sazz says:

hii.i want to earn 10 lakhs in a month ….plz help me out how it is possible ?im ready to work day and night

7. sazz says:

hii.i want to earn 10 lakhs in a month ….plz help me out how it is xpossible ?im ready to work day and night

8. Sara says:

Hi, I am a college student and I am looking for a part-time job, whether it be delivering catalogues or retail work. I have been looking for a long time and applying online to various jobs, but nobody has gotten back to me. I would appreciate it if somebody could get back to me on ways to make some money.

• tee says:

I was in your exact same position as you at your age and what I found to be quick and easy money was mystery shopping. My friend introduced it to me and its quite good. However, it’s not the best pay in the world (£3-5 per assignment) and sometimes you don’t get a lot of jobs. But hey, it’s extra cash that you didn’t have before, right? Also, some assignments you can keep whatever you’ve brought or it could even be a free meal, which is a bonus for us students. I wouldn’t suggest it as a full-time job though, more as temporary way of making money. Hoped this helped :)

• Dale says:

You could try dropshipping on ebay, amazon and other auction sites there are loads of companies out there its a simple process and you need no start up cash you simply sell products from the dropship company on ebay etc when you make a sale just order the item from the supplier and have it shipped straight to your customer so you keep any profit you put on top of the purchase price but remember to calculate all the ebay selling fees and paypal fees involved.

9. Abdul Waheed says:

Hi All

I am a distributor of Aloe Vera based Health & Beauty Products. Currently I am recruiting individuals who want to work from home on self employment basis as local distributors in your local area. You can earn between £250-£2000 per month and can work part time or full time. Training will be provided. If interested please send me your CV. Please send all CV’s to [email protected]

10. April says:

i need £60 now so plz send it 2 me

11. Natasha says:

Hi guys, Been interesting reading some of the comments!
    I have a disability which means I am unable to work, I have been looking for some sort of online work or envelope stuffing, I have put up ads asked around. Used to do avon but didnt make enough and was spending more than I was making. I have tried surveys etc becomes a pain when you get ‘ do not fit criteria’ everytime. So wondering if anyone has any ideas, and any sort of home work typing etc… that is legit and won’t cost me ?? thanks

• Hi Natasha. How about getting into being a Virtual Assistant? We’ve got a big article on that in the ‘Making Money’ section. If you can type and do secretarial work it could be for you. It does take quite a lot of effort to get the clients, though, so you wouldn’t necessarily get the money in immediately. Also, have you thought of setting up a website and using affiliate marketing to make commissions from selling services? Look up ‘affiliate marketing’ on Google and read up about it.

• Gemma says:

Hi Natasha, Have you thought about anne summers parties or something like that. My sister has just started selling candles through and the money aint so bad either! Theres loads of different plans you could choose from, but majority ask for a sign up fee. Ive looked and they start from £25-£99 and more! Good luck x

12. Jambo says:

I just dance naked in the middle of town, I get lots of pennies and sometimes I rob the local homeless guy for his clothes and use them to sleep on. Lifes good. LG.

13. rio says:

I was pleased to see this. Just what I needed. Thanks.

14. kawin eynin says:

I usually put loo roll on my head and walk around town dancing like a chicken most days. I get about £25 a day because i beg the other tramps to lend me money! it is ideal for me at the moment cos i buy alot of cheese for me and my pet fish

15. David Elton says:

Are you interested in adding another income stream to your site? Based on the fact that getting in at the top of programs is a good thing I wondered if you had heard about Zubie, which launched mid Jan. Feel free to reply and let me know what you think about it, It’s a good old fashioned forced matrix program.

David Elton, Reading UK.

16. Kay says:

I have found any sites which allow you to complete surveys and where they pay you….. Can you help.

17. karen says:

hi i cannot get a any of the on line web sites to give me answer (who wants to buy all my outgrown clothes) i have lost a load of wheight recently and want (need) to make some cash out of them ive given some to charity already but really need to make money for christmas ebay to complicated for me, i live in the northwest area any helpers plz cant do boot sale dont drive thanks

18. Waleed khaleed says:

Man thx a lot u realy help give mw a good idea I will and I will work on it tommoro i hope I get enough mony to buy I phone thx agine keep gone up and up

19. Rita says:

Hello I have hundreds of old Marvel comics, do you know the best way to sell them.

Many thanks.

• Joanne says:

Hi, Rita
      The best way to sell your Marvel Comics is by:
      1. Holding a Carboot Sail
      2. Have you considered selling them on Ebay/Amazon]
      or 3. giving them to a local comics store/ (if there old) antiques

Hope it helps
      Joanne (:

• Glyn316 says:

Selling comics is very hard, it all depends on whether they are UK or US editions, the grade (condition) and overall collectability (first issue, key issue, first appearance of…etc)..I personally wouldnt try at carboots as your get a fraction of what theycould be worth…eBay is good, but you need to know about the comics to give good descriptions etc. If you need any further advice Im more than happy to help…you can give me an idea of what you have, I can guide you better.

20. Jamie Quinton says:

can anyone help me? i’m a desperate father and recently started a new family, i do work a full time job but need to earn more, i want to earn from home but not so much on the internet as it confuses me, i heard about stuffing envelopes etc but dont know where or how to look for this please help

• Lauren Forbes says:

Hi Jamie,
      We’re having a brainstorm in the office to try and come up with some ways to help you. Sorry to hear about your predicament and we will do our best to help. Keep checking this article as we will post some tips for you soon.

• Terry Clark says:

There is brand new ready-to-go home business plan you should try; It’s Called “No Money? No Problem…And it’s Free to look over to see if it’s for you. Here’s the link –

Good Luck!!!

21. Kal says:

Work hard

22. HANDYANDY says:

Hi there pepole,
    Car boots are a good way to make extra cash, ask freinds family ect if they want rid of some junk you will be amazed what pepole will buy, here are some things pepole do buy, bikes, dvds, clothes ,pictures in frames, camping goods, old computers, moniters, baby clothes washed, prams, kitchin items, garden items ie pots plants, mobile phones can bring good mony but dont let them haggle you two low there is always another punter on the way… best of luck remember your there to make mony not freinds……bye take care

23. Pamela Horsfall says:

On one of your TV morning show appearances you talked about using your car as advertising space for companies. Please supply details of how/who to contact for more info.

24. Tracey says:

Has anyone got any companies that need mystery shoppers as the ones on the internet want money to join? What’s all this about

• sharon says:

One of the best mystery shoppers are, get plenty of jobs but can sometimes go a bit quiet, may not make alot of money but you get to try products for free, just register its free, all they need is a account number & sort code, and nobody can take it and take money out just put money in

25. haze says:

any ideas on money making for a full time mum, who doesn’t have babysitters so cant leave child to go and work or pay childminder/nursery, avon etc already in surrounding areas, i have no money to invest in anything, cant afford to pay to start up any sort of party night hosting ie virgin or body shop etc. Online surveys not enough money and not regular enough. Please help!

• I think that being a childminder is a great way to make money while looking after your own child. Also, if you don’t mind the work, offering to take in ironing can be lucrative, although it depends where you live and how much money your neighbours have. If you want to make sensible money, though, and you have a computer then I would recommend learning about affiliate marketing and how to set up a specialist website. There are a lot of online resources (many of them dodgy so be careful) so you can learn online. It will take a few months to learn, though, so it would have to be more of a long-term plan. Many of my friends make money by doing a lot of different things so don’t reject anything – a bit of online surveys, a bit of referring friends, a bit of ironing/dog-walking/mending etc all added together can bring in a decent amount of cash.

26. Miller caldwell says:

I have been an author from 2003. I have written 7 books and am writing another novel. I get much praise from those who buy them but selling my books is another question.

Any advice?

27. Need cash x says:

i dont want to sell stuff off internet, last time my mam dun thar she gor ripped off. i have 2 go to a club in 10 minutes. i need money for food and drink there, cans are 50p, food is like 50p too. i only have 15p :/ pls help xx

28. Douglas Juckes, says:

Hi Folks,
    The Idea of making Easy money “0n Line” is a CON.
    Most of the schemes are Very Time Consuming, Tiresome, Poorly Paid & Full of Empty Promises.

29. Marie says:

If I have a ring that I would like to sell. Can anyone reccommend a good way to do it?

• Paul Prowse says:

Have a look at the article on how to sell your gold:

(Assuming the ring is gold!)

You often get the best prices from jewellers on the high street (as they take into account the craftsmanship of the jewellery itself when offering you a price – not just how much gold it contains).

It’s normally worth getting a few quotes – don’t just accept the price of the first jeweller.

30. paul friar says:

yes, the information on these pages will be of great use to someone starting out online and trying to make money on the internet. I recommend everything written here.

31. Wayne says:

Hi, First time on this so please tell me people,

Will I make enough money to travel 3 times a

32. Paul Smith says:

Great Site,
    Full of fantastic and interesting content,great to look thru.

33. elly says:

Some of the people above make me really mad. I have a retired husband who doesn’t get a pension and a son at school. I have a full time job. I come home in the evenings and work for 2-3 hours coding for a solicitor. I do my houswork on a Saturday and Sunday is spent cooking, making clothes for my family, writing letters and articles for magazines and making things to sell on E.bay. This brings in about another £100 a month BUT it is £100 I wouldn’t have had. GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDES!

34. Tony says:

Hi Jasmine and crew,
    I just popped on your site as a result of your Radio 1 interview, I lost my in December 2008 and am unable to get another … too many factors to go into… anyway I tried y hand at affiliate marketing, which I must say I wished I tried years ago. Just need a paypal account and a cickbank account and a littl? savvy :)

I now earn enough to pay my mortgage ad won’t ever be worrying about that stuff again :) I really suggest people who are smart online try it. What do you think of online marketing?

35. Hilary says:

Just read in the Mail about your site. I am just about to do surveys will keep you updated. Hope it is a good year!! Thanks Hilary

36. All the guys I know would like to take a shot at banking fast and easy money online these days, either through eBay Powerselling, affiliate marketing, ppc adverstising

37. G Bonnell says:

I heard you speak on the radio the other week about doing work as extras and you mentioned some agents do not charge to get on their lists can you name any. I went one who said they did not charge I completed most of the personal profile and was stopped before completing because they then said they charged £10 + vat for admin.

• Good point there – actually I think £10 + VAT is OK for an agency. It’s when they charge £100+ that you need to be suspicious and just walk out. See our article about being an ‘extra’ here There are links to good agencies and also a website that warns of bad ones.

• Sarah says:

Hi, am new here and really do like your website. But I digress, the best website for film extras, modelling (catalogues etc) is StarNow. My son has got work as an extra and so have I – although to get our portfolio going we did do a couple of “extra” jobs purely for the experience – they do pay all your expenses and from there you can start branching out more. Then again, just join and apply for all – reach for the stars! Good luck xxx

38. starksy says:

really please!!!! the survey sites dont really give that much for the time to fill one in,,or you redeem for a voucher??
    Talking about making money or pocket money??
    Real money making?????

39. Helen Neely says:

Thanks for sharing these tip – I will definitely check them all out and if possible register with everyone of them.

I have created a link on my blog back to this page in case others find it useful.

40. Anna says:

I spent about 20 minutes each on half a dozen surveys but have not been able to complete a single survey as right at the end it says that I do not fit the criteria.

• lula says:

TiThese tips are all a bit tired. Nothing but hard work, bnlood sweat and tears will make you money!

• Soph says:

I was advised to join a few online survey companys at a time so i could get more benefits and recieve quicker payments. The best ones are Valued Opinions, GlobalTestMarket, NewVIsta and LightSpeed Comsumer Panel.
      Some send off cheques when you reach a certain target and others send vouchers instead. Some of these take a few months to see teh rewards but some take a few weeks… I get sent about 4-5 surveys PER DAY so it speeds up the process of getting the benfits!!

Hope this helps anyone xx

41. jim says:

these are good money making ways

42. bob says:

these are all pathetic amounts of money. for a lot of hassle.

43. luke says:

Cheers, it all works well. I can’t understand why these people are complaining to you about the problems they are having with other sites.

• john says:

Luke you littel bizzey bodey what is it to do with u if other people coment on other peoples web site u littel grass leg it lad

44. Pete says:

Try Lightspeed Panel; i get my payments by paypal (at 115 points per £), the surveys come sporadically, but when you get a good patch, i’ve earnt up to £10 a month. Made enough to buy a couple of christmas presents last year, and overall I’ve probably made around £100-150 in a year with them.I use Valued Opinions as well, for the HMV vouchers (of which i have received £20 so far, and just waiting for my next £10), although it can sometimes take over a month for the payment from the completed surveys to be recognised. I am on YouGov, but as they wont pay out until the account reaches £50, i’m not expecting to get any money from them for another couple of years; after over 12 months with them, i’ve “earnt” less that £15.

iPoints is another good site, which is points based. You can get poiints from buying things, signing up to newsletters, and even receiving mobile SIM cards; its slow going, but after 6ish months with them, i’ve received a DVD completely free – didnt even have to pay for P&P – and i’m about 3/4 of the way to my next DVD.

45. Maggie says:

I am 56 and I do quite a lot of surveys the You Gove site is a good one another one is Valued Opinions they pay quite well per survey also and they come quick and fast so give them a try they are really good.

46. chris says:

I do occasional mystery shops for a coiple of companies, and some on line surveys. Does this make me self employed for tax purposes? I have just retired from full time work.

47. Margaret says: keeps saying I’m ebtering the wrong verifiction code. I’ve tried it with and without capslock on and still nothing. I can see the code as clear as day and it has been entered correctly… it just won’t let me go further.

48. joanne says:

Inspired by the slot yesterday on GMTV I looked up this website to follow up on doing surveys. I logged on to a few of the sites and although I was accepted I have been unable to complete a single survey as I don’t fit the criteria or the survey miraculously freezes (although at this point I have spent on average 5 minutes giving them my personal information!)
    The only thing I imagine is against me is my age (40) and the fact I dont have a degree. I am very disheartened as I consider myself a young at heart savvy mum with plenty of opinions and life experience who has a lot to offer.
    So far the only thing I’ve achieved is wasted personal time and entries into a lot of competitions… this just a scam or am I doing something wrong?
    Any advice?

• Maggie says:

Keep trying I am 57 and have no qualifications but am doing surveys online you don’t earn a lot but it all helps try Valued Opinions they are good and so is Lightspeed they come through with a lot of surveys, also try Nielsen Fact Finders they are good you get a scanner and scan all the shopping you do for points Good Luck