- Pensions for babies. Yes it's a real thing. Take a look here... http://t.co/pKHkQ4ALeT #savemoney #pensions #invest http://t.co/88fGkT8ydq (22nd Jul 2014 - 14:20)
- What is a social enterprise? Read our guide here... http://t.co/nH7Ef11eA0 … #business #startup #socialenterprise http://t.co/o5rpFLKIV2 (22nd Jul 2014 - 12:40)
- Help @Jasmine raise money to help children in her local area. #Donate today here... https://t.co/bh6zE0RtCL #charity http://t.co/pZ98cd9zl0 (22nd Jul 2014 - 10:45)
- Confused about freelance finances? Read our guide here... http://t.co/c5CkLzRUYT #freelance #selfemployed #startup http://t.co/TkVOf0whXc (22nd Jul 2014 - 08:40)
- Find out the genuine mystery shopping agencies - not the dodgy ones that take your money - here http://t.co/4L7vPg0WPJ… #newslettercomp (21st Jul 2014 - 12:08)
- Make the most of the hot weather with our cheap picnic ideas here... http://t.co/4PzkLaV3FZ #weather #sunday #picnic http://t.co/1px4kk409G (20th Jul 2014 - 12:10)
- Sign-up to our newsletter & get a #FREE copy of our ’8 Ways to make £80 in an hour’ #eBook http://t.co/S1iifOpniB http://t.co/YvFbmf1KR7 (20th Jul 2014 - 10:25)
- Help @Jasmine raise money to makeover a nursery. Donate to a good cause here... https://t.co/bh6zE0RtCL #charity http://t.co/NN2Ewj88uZ (20th Jul 2014 - 08:20)
- Help @Jasmine raise money to makeover a nursery. Donate to a good cause here... https://t.co/bh6zE0RtCL #charity http://t.co/zVFysoK38N (19th Jul 2014 - 17:25)
- Want to own a peanut butter maker? Enter our #competition here... http://t.co/fG8fFRk9LK #win #prize http://t.co/eNxwtTFxg2 (19th Jul 2014 - 14:25)
- See @Jasmine's 5 top tips for successful comping here... https://t.co/972Aljujqp #competition #win #prizes (19th Jul 2014 - 12:15)
- Have you subscribed to our Youtube channel? @Jasmine has lots of useful #advice to share. Subscribe here https://t.co/HVTq5FJ2UT #makemoney (19th Jul 2014 - 10:15)
- Take a look at our guide to #free city living here... http://t.co/QxYsoFCuwC #savemoney #London #weekend http://t.co/usUu4WfEG7 (19th Jul 2014 - 08:15)
- Get paid to help a new mum. Find out how here... http://t.co/pDuTD2rcQo #doula #Friday #childcare #job http://t.co/Qe3tOfCkFL (18th Jul 2014 - 18:10)
- Britain isn’t so shoddy either: Well done Germany; it was a well deserved victory. After humbling Brazil, Germ... http://t.co/cmNxK74Tka (18th Jul 2014 - 16:50)
- Want to make money answering the phone? Find out how here... http://t.co/7ikMhHmwuA #makemoney #job #money http://t.co/UewoyYeopb (18th Jul 2014 - 16:25)
- Help @Jasmine raise money to makeover a nursery. Donate to a good cause here... https://t.co/bh6zE0RtCL #charity http://t.co/HeMwmWCD6A (18th Jul 2014 - 14:25)
- Find cheap and last-minute #theatre tickets here... http://t.co/txHHr8UGH1 #friday #cheap http://t.co/ZGS994HkUH (18th Jul 2014 - 12:25)
- Take a look at our 10 ways you can make money here... http://t.co/NIzsKt7FQ7 #makemoney #quickcash #10ways http://t.co/Fgez76DqwU (18th Jul 2014 - 10:25)
Best money-making websites
Want to know the quickest, easiest and most lucrative ways to earn some money? You’re not alone. Our readers often ask us “How do I make money online?” Well, here’s our lowdown on how to make money online and the best websites for doing just that – plus tips to help you get the most out of them.
- Sell your stuff
- Get free stuff
- Do competitions
- Online networking and socialising
- Make money online
- Rent or sell
- Get your driving and shopping paid for
- Get extra cash
Make money by recycling your CDs, DVDs, books and games through Zapper.co.uk. It’s a lovely, easy site to use. All you do is enter the barcodes of your items and you will see the money your items are worth pop up on the screen. Zapper accepts most CDs, DVDs and games and accepts about 20% of all books offered. You print out a free mailing sheet to put on your parcel and then you send them off and wait for your money. Easy as! Try Zapper here.
Swagbucks.com is a premier rewards destination which allows web and mobile users to earn virtual currency known as ‘SwagBucks’. All you have to do to earn points is watch videos, search the web, play games and fill out surveys – sounds good right? Sign-up and start earning points here.
Most of us never bother with competitions because we think our chances of winning are so slim. Wrong! Your chances are often a lot better than you’d think, but as the saying goes, ‘You gotta be in it to win it!’.
We’ve found loads of competitions for you to enter in our Online Competitions article, but competition site Prime Prizes is a great place to get started. The site is free to join and has plenty of fantastic goodies up for grabs, including luxury holidays abroad, hampers, shopping sprees and more.
The site groups consumers together so they can take advantage of huge discounts for all kinds of things – from restaurants to football match tickets. Previous deals in London have included £25 for top price tickets worth £55 to see Blood Brothers, and £1 to watch films (including those in 3D) at any Cineworld. Once you’ve signed up – for free – you can recommend as many friends as you like, and if any of them go on to sign up, you’ll get £6 for each one who does. The money will be credited to your account so you can use it towards your next purchase on the site. To check out the site and sign up, visit Groupon here.
Plusnet – Earn by referring
Plusnet has consistently low prices for its broadband and they even cut your bills further if you refer your friends. You’ll get a discount off your monthly bill for every person that joins them on your recommendation, for as long as they are a customer. There’s no limit to the number of people that you can recommend – so you could get your broadband for free.
This is a sporadic and relatively small income but it’s low effort and you’ve nothing to lose. It’s a great way to make quick cash from the comfort of your computer but make sure you NEVER pay to join a site or reveal your credit card details.
Complete online surveys for money
Here are our favourite paid survey sites. They’re completely free and have received a big thumbs-up from many of you. For maximum earnings why not set up a separate email account (so your personal one doesn’t get flooded with survey-related emails) and then register for free to all of them?
- Toluna – convert points you earn into Amazon vouchers
- Swagbucks - get rewards for not only completing surveys, but by shopping, watching videos and playing online games.
- GFK MediaView – get paid for completing surveys and earn up to £100 a time from mystery shopping!
- SurveySavers - get a reward worth £5 PLUS entry into a draw to win a year’s FREE Starbucks coffee!
- DiOpion People - get paid at least £15 for the first month
- Inbox Pounds - get paid £1 just for signing up
- Opinion Outpost – be entered into a £20,000 prize draw just for registering
- Valued Opinions – offers a big prize simply for registering
- GlobalTestMarket – pays $50 for every 1,000 points earned
- Panelbase – earn between 25p and £10 per survey
If you like the sound of online paid surveys, make sure you check out our full article on how to make money from online surveys.
How to make money from domain names
Be an internet entrepreneur and buy domain names to sell on for profit. It’s a great way to make money as the perfect URLs become harder to come by, and people and businesses will pay over the odds to get the one they want. This really is easier than it sounds and to get you started we’ve got three top tips from Sedo‘s Chief Sales Officer, Liesbeth Mack-de Boer.
1. Keep your eyes peeled and your ears close to the ground for the next big thing. If you can get a domain name that corresponds to a new trend, you can make big money out of it further down the road.
2. Pick a quirky domain name, or a selection of URLs with the same theme – that way you’ll have built up a good portfolio. It won’t cost you much, but a company in that area would pay decent money for the domains.
3. See what’s popular. Use Google to find out what people are looking for and which search terms are popular, that’ll inform your decision on which URLs to buy.
Get started here.
If you love your music, sign up to Slicethepie for free and get paid to listen and review music by unsigned bands.
This isn’t necessarily a big money earner as you’ll only get a few pence per review at the beginning, but as you get a better ‘scout rating’ there is potential to make more and more money.
Not only is it a good way to make a few extra quid but you could get to hear the next big thing before anyone else. Read all about it in our article here.
Check out our moneymaking tool…
Whatever your age or situation, there are always ways that you can make money right now. With our free and easy-to-use online money-making tool you just have to put in a few details about yourself and immediately you’ll have a list of great ways that YOU can make money.
You might think that there’s no way you can make cash but it’s not true. There are HUNDREDS of ways! We’re constantly researching great new ways to make money and it’s amazing how easy some of them are. The tool takes seconds to fill in so click here now and start making money!
eBid – Sell items for quick cash and no listings fee
You’ll all be aware that you can buy and sell items on auction site eBay, but another site that works in pretty much the same way is eBid. What’s different about eBid however, is that you don’t have to pay to list your items (called an insertion fee and ranging from 10p to £1.90 for most items). Although, as with eBay, they do take a Final Value Fee, which is 3%.
All you need to do to get selling is sign up to a buyer’s account – then upgrade your account from buyer to seller. This gives you access to a standard auction format.
Moneymagpie mobile recycling comparison – Cash for trash
Never throw away old mobile phones. Recycle them instead for easy money. Go to our nifty Moneymagpie mobile recycling service and simply enter the make and model of your phone and see which recycling company will give you the most for it.
You could make hundreds (for newer, well-kept phones), so go and raid your drawers and check at the back of the cupboard to see if you can make cash with your trash.
Spareroom.co.uk – Rent out your space for cash
Got a spare room you don’t use? Or, if you really need the cash, could you move out of your bedroom and sleep in the sitting room to free it up to rent out?
You can make up to £4,250 tax free from renting a room each year so this is one of the best ways of making money almost from nothing! Go here to register.
ParkatmyHouse.com – Rent your drive for cash
Use your drive or your garage to make money for you. ParkatmyHouse covers the whole UK and you can put your space on the site for anyone coming to your area to park in…for cash!
Threadless.com – Earn cash designing T-shirts
Fancy yourself as a fashion guru? Then why not try your hand at designing your own T-shirt? It’s creative and fun – plus, if your creation proves popular with others, you can make money from your hobby.
The Threadless website lets you submit your own designs (or slogans), and last year the company awarded over half a million pounds to artists all over the world who submitted their designs. Check it out here.
Etsy.com – Get creative and sell your wares online
If you love to get creative and make jewellery or arts and crafts, Etsy is the place to go.
This US website is designed exclusively for buying and selling handmade goods so you’re more likely to have success here than somewhere like eBay.
Register your username (which is also your shop name so choose carefully!) for a basic buyer’s account – then upgrade to a seller’s account. There is a fee of $0.20 per item listed but this covers the item for four months and includes the option of five photos to show off your wares. When you sell an item there’s a 3.5% final value charge.
Sell your photos
If you’re handy with a camera, can design a nice logo or fancy yourself as a writer, then you may be able to make some cash selling your stuff online. There are plenty of sites selling content to websites and they’re always in need of contributors.
Companies such as BigStockPhoto, Fotolia, Dreamstime and Shutterstock concentrate on photography. Upload your images and get paid every time they are used. Others, such as Tycoon Talk and Digital Point offer content writing jobs. For a wider range of freelance oppurtunites you can look at Elance or oDesk.
If you like the online money makers we’ve featured here, you’ll love our fab article 10 easy ways to make quick cash. It’s got speedy, simple and effective ways to make money – take a look yourself to see why it’s our most popular article!
Stuff2Send – Great for motorists who are always on the move
Are you always driving from one place to another? Well, why not get your fuel paid for, and maybe even earn some extra cash on top? Stuff2Send matches your journey with people or companies that need packages delivered. It makes sense, helps save the environment and earns you some easy money.
Cashback Shopper – Money for shopping (and get £5 for just signing up!)
Cashback sites like Quidco list retailers they have deals with – when you click through the retailer gives money to the cashback site, which then gives you money. Some sites like Cashback Shopper will even give you a little money – usually £5 – just for signing up.
Use the Turn2Us benefits checker which works out whether you’re eligible for any benefits. All you have to do is enter some details such as how much you earn, your council tax rate and any savings you have.
The calculator covers all of the major benefits including Working Tax Credit, Council Tax, Housing Benefit, Pension Credit and Child Tax Credit. Benefits rules change all the time so there’s a good chance that even if you weren’t eligible a few years ago, you could be now.
Mylostaccount.org.uk – find money in dormant bank accounts
This is a free online service that will search through bank and building society records for you to see if you have any money lying around in a forgotten account.
Official figures state that up to £850 million of our own money is lying in inactive current, savings and building society accounts, so it’s definitely worth checking.
Always give as many details as possible, including maiden names and previous addresses in order to increase your chances of finding a lost account. Find out more ways to find money you don’t know about here.