- How to run a family for half price... http://t.co/V0l20aIfF6 #savemoney #family #money #tips http://t.co/XbrlNMMH6G (1st Oct 2014 - 12:35)
- Find out how you can save £1000s a year here... http://t.co/q5Mi8EXulT @GoSoberUK #Gosober #makemoney (1st Oct 2014 - 10:30)
- Seamlessly sharing videos of any length, on any device, anywhere: Recent results show that one particular and ... http://t.co/78cAVLxB2Z (1st Oct 2014 - 10:00)
- 5 ways to make money using Twitter. Take a look here... http://t.co/rSLrzLWSMN #Twitter #makemoney #startup #social (1st Oct 2014 - 08:30)
- Want to make £10 an hour answering questions? Find out how here... http://t.co/LOADT13wEo #makemoney #job #parttime http://t.co/egcaJ1kWja (30th Sep 2014 - 16:16)
- 7 great ways to invest for your children... http://t.co/pgkcBYEzXZ #makemoney #invest #savemoney http://t.co/GCCupkER8m (30th Sep 2014 - 14:16)
- RT via @ImmediatePR1 : Talented creatives of the #Twitter world - this is a must read: http://t.co/Q3ZK5nfkqx @moneymagpie @kkmpx - (30th Sep 2014 - 13:31)
- It's #October tomorrow. Find out how to #makemoney & #savemoney every day in October here... http://t.co/2Y6QBpDIAu http://t.co/dEdmgtt5sk (30th Sep 2014 - 12:06)
- RT @ArmyInLondon: You have until end of the week to choose our new cover photo, the picture with the most RTs wins http://t.co/Jy867TVSUT (30th Sep 2014 - 11:20)
- Our FREE #Newsletter is out today so make sure you don't miss out and sign up here... http://t.co/S1iifO7e4t #free http://t.co/Cemk6jowDA (30th Sep 2014 - 09:48)
- Make money and save money every day this October: October’s here and that means summer is officially over! Eve... http://t.co/mG73qEJgE0 (30th Sep 2014 - 08:13)
- Avoid a £1,000 fine by reading this... http://t.co/nnJBJv3OAZ #cartax #newrules #October http://t.co/ktZqa9KRgx (29th Sep 2014 - 16:25)
- 5 secrets for improving your credit history. Read more here... http://t.co/R5U7JXapjl #makemoney #credit #loan http://t.co/62SBNp4Z5W (29th Sep 2014 - 14:35)
- @conveyancing_uk Just email marc.crosby at http://t.co/HSziCUIDpe and he will give you prices (29th Sep 2014 - 10:55)
- Make and save money from renting. Find out how here... http://t.co/4d7Qf19fzr #makemoney #savemoney #renting http://t.co/E4tMbKhtwC (29th Sep 2014 - 10:01)
- Save £1,000s a year – stop drinking alcohol: Yes, seriously, even ordinary levels of alcohol consumption cos... http://t.co/aPCssv2KC7 (29th Sep 2014 - 09:49)
Make money by selling your hair
We all remember the scene in Little Women when Jo sells her hair because the family needs to make money. While they all cry together over her lost locks, they’re all consoled by the much needed hard cash it’s got them.
But this is not just the stuff of fiction. Scientists have decoded DNA and cloned sheep, but still can’t cure baldness! As a result wigs, hair extensions, and hair pieces have never been so popular. If you’re willing to get a snip, you can make a pretty penny from those luscious tresses.
First you’ll have to start growing and grooming before you can start trimming. Most companies will want hair that has absolutely no chemical treatments so your hair can’t be coloured, permed, highlighted or tinted. You’ll also need plentyof it – at least six inches.
Hair must be clean, healthy and shiny. Cigarette smoke or traces of drugs taken will linger in your hair long after it’s washed.
Remember wig makers are hair experts, if they detect damaged hair they’ll toss it, and you’ll be sporting a crop without getting any cash.
Unusual natural hair colours are in for a treat, as they command the highest prices. The healthier your hair is, the more you can get for it.
Before you chop of your lovely locks make sure to contact a wig seller and find out how much your hair type will earn you. This way, you can see whether it’s really worth chopping it all off.
Get new money-making secrets every week for free. Signup here now!
- Regular trims will keep broken and split ends away (trimming every six to eight weeks is best, but remember not too much!)
- Remember healthy body = healthy hair. Make sure to get your calcium and protein for strong hair
- Wash out all product from your hair at night, there are loads of chemicals in them that dry out your hair
- Give up your hair dryers, curling irons or flattening irons, hairspray and other styling products now! These dry hair out and cause hair breakage and split ends
- Instead of blow drying, towel dry
- Braid your hair overnight and in the morning you’ll have lovely waves without any of the damage curling irons will cause
- Though you might be tempted, don’t brush your hair more than twice daily and use a high quality vent brush when you do
- Oils like rosemary oil, cedar wood oil, juniper berry oil, and lavender oil will help lock-in your hair’s moisture. At night apply the oil, braid your hair and you’ll be moisturising your hair. This way it won’t be breaking while you sleep
- Go au natural – Beer and egg whites make excellent hair conditioners.
Market your new product online. Firstly, we recommend you try buyandsellhair.com, a classified ad site for buyers and sellers of human hair worldwide. To advertise is quite cheap, only $14.50 for three months, and all transactions are managed through PayPal. They take no commission on completed sales and everything you make will be yours, so it is worth trying out.
Otherwise, hop on Gumtree and you’ll find lots of ads from wigmakers willing to pay your asking price for your hair. If you’re going to post an ad on advertising your hair you’ll need to include:
- Clear, accurate pictures (mostly of length)
- Include a description of hair length, colour, quality, ethnic type of hair
- Contact details.
Keep it simple; there are already wigmakers advertising for hair on Gumtree, so you don’t need to waste too much time on writing your own ones. Responding to ads can be just as effective.
Remember – wigmakers aren’t the only ones looking for hair. Market yourself in places that others haven’t yet thought of like hairstylists who work with extensions. Hair colleges will also need human hair supplies and even high quality paint brushes are made with human hair.
Go through your Yellow Pages and look up your local hair colleges, and hair salons. Make some calls and find out what they’re willing to pay for your hair. Remember that your advert details apply here too. People want to know the condition, length, colour, quality, and ethnic type of your hair. It may take some time to research but the pay off could be big.
Bloomsbury Wigs will pay up to £200 for your hair. They’ll even cut it off on the spot for you. Before you picture some mad scientist coming at you with clippers – they just cut off your ponytail.
The main hair buyer in the UK, Banbury Postiche (Wigs UK) pays £3 per ounce if your hair is six-12″ long and £5 per ounce if it’s more than 12″ long.
Get on Gumtree where several wigmakers are looking to buy hair and are open to negotiations. Some are even willing to buy children’s hair, so you can even score some cash from your kids’ locks too.
Now check out our article that spills the beans on the best ways to make money – 10 easy ways to make quick cash!