Wow. If somebody told us there is a job where we could get paid to eat chocolate we would probably laugh in their faces. And then cry. Surely this can’t be real? But, it is.
That’s right, chocolate heaven has arrived and guess what, you get paid to ascend to it’s far reaches. It kind of makes us think we’ve chosen the wrong profession… Have a read of this, but be warned, you will get hungry, so maybe grab a choccie bar to see you through.
Adecco, the home of Maltesers, Snickers and Mars bars are on the hunt for not just one, but EIGHT chocolate tasters to join the team at the chocolate HQ – yes you read that right.
You don’t need to be an expert chocolate connoisseur, although many of us probably would consider ourselves to be one. All you need is to have good, working, taste buds. And you should probably be craving choccie quite a lot.
The applicants will be put through a rigorous interview process that will see them having to rate different foods on a scale from 1 to 15 for how sweet, savoury, bitter or salty they are.
In your day to day “work” you will be assessing a wide range of confectionery products. The hours are part time: Monday – Thursday, 9:30 – 12:30, since there is only so much chocolate you can munch in one go.
You’ll have to participate in product and sensory related training, and successfully apply this learning to the day to day job. You’ll be helping with the evaluation and characterisation of existing and new products and brands, as well as identifying new ways to eat products(!!!!).
Plus, you’ll also be involved in identifying ways to improve packaging – we think edible packaging should definitely be a thing by now!
- Flexible working (12 hours per week)
- Paid holidays
- Staff shop
- Full Training
- The opportunity to work in a Global FMCG environment
- Access to onsite gym facilities
- General good health, no allergies; no intolerance’s; good dentition
- Detail orientated with good perceptual and descriptive ability
- Passion for product evaluation and experiencing new sensations
- Prepared to sample a variety of different tastes and ingredients
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure effective team communication
- Take on board feedback on performance, training and calibration in a positive and professional manner
- Computer literate
- Excellent timekeeping
If all this sounds up your alley (come on, this is up everyone’s alley, who doesn’t love chocolate?!) then you can apply below, right here.