Did you know you can join Pick My Postcode for free and potentially win cash prizes just for checking their site?
All you do is sign up (again, for free) here with just your postcode and your email address. Then you check back every day to see if your postcode has been picked on that particular day.
If it has been picked, you can then claim your winnings. It’s honestly that easy!
They add about £800+ to the prize fund periodically, and at the time of writing, the prize fund sits at £1900 due to multiple rollovers on their Main Draw. They also give away lots of smaller £5, £10, and a few £100 prizes for smaller draws.
But that’s not all. The site has all sorts of other ways you can win. See how below!
- What is Pick My Postcode?
- How do they make their money?
- What are the rules?
- So what could I win with Pick My Postcode?
What is Pick My Postcode?
Originally, Pick My Postcode was set up by Chris Holbrook, who started giving people the chance to win just £10 if they signed up to the site for free.
They checked it each day to see if their postcode had won. In fact, MoneyMagpie knew about this site in its early stages and mentioned it in our competitions article here.
After a while the site got more popular and the prizes started to get a bit bigger until they got up to £800+ a day.
Not only that Chris has since added even more competitions to the site.
Now there are six ways you can win on the site:
- Main competition – This is the main pot that we described above. They will send you a daily email reminder to get you to check the site, but you can unsubscribe from that anytime you want to.
- Survey Draw – This one allows users to log on and answer the daily question. Once done the website will reveal the winning postcode.
- Video Draw – This allows you to watch videos (that they are paid to advertise) as a winning postcode is flashed on the screen as you watch. You have to watch the full video in order to see if your postcode has won.
- Free Emoji Lottery – With this competition, the user picks a combination of five emojis and check back to the site each day to see if your particular combination has been chosen.
- £5 Flash Draw – The £5 Flash Draw appears in the existing ad slots around the site. If you see a particular image (it shows you on the site which one it is) you click on it and you’ll be sent £5 via PayPal.
- Stackpot – Go to the Stackpot page after the “Next refresh” time and click on your postcode (if you see it) for a £10. Missed claims make the stack grow even higher.
Find out how you can make money from easy online surveys here
How do they make their money?
The revenue generated from adverts, offers and surveys on the site pay for the prizes.
It’s like a free local newspaper. It’s free to us because advertisers are the ones who fund the website and produce a profit at the same time.
As with a free paper, the more people who pick it up and read it, the more they can charge for advertising etc. This is how it works with Pick My Postcode. The more people who use the site, the higher the traffic and the more they can charge for advertising and affiliate links. And the more they can offer for prizes!
What are the rules?
They’re pretty simple really.
You have to sign up with your postcode and email address. You also need to check the site once a day to see if you have won.
If you have won something, you will see a ‘Collect’ option. Once your identity has been verified, the money is sent to you via PayPal.
There are strict rules which you can see here.
Sign up to our free, weekly newsletter here to enter our free, exclusive competitions each week.
So what could I win with Pick My Postcode?
As you can see above, you could win anything from a fiver up to thousands.
The most someone has won so far has been £2,500. With different ways to earn every day, it’s worth checking the site daily to see what you could win.
Amazingly I won a £1000 Currys voucher earlier this year!
I have never won a big prize but I have won several smaller ones – cinema tickets, self-tan lotion, CD, etc
A 5* star Holiday to Hawaii staying at the Same hotel all the US president use on official trips from a instant win Sweet Pack + Indis,Florida ,Las Vegas , Iceland and lots of UK breaks
The best prize I ever won was a holiday to LA including flights, hotel, sunglasses, shoes and other Toms goodies. Had three days there. It was my first ever holiday.
I won the laptop I`m entering this competition on from the prizefinder website and that`s pretty much all I do these days, enter competitions online.Great little hobby with theoccasional happy surprise, hope this will be another one.
I have won lots of bits n pieces over the years but the best was a thousands pounds cheque from Ribena
The best prize I’ve won is flights to Istanbul
I won £1,700 from Dickensons Real Deal @ 2008
The best thing I won was a weekend in a French Chateau including flights and hire car. It was wonderful!
I won a massive Chocolate Egg in the school Easter Raffle when I was about 6 years old. I was so convinced that it would be mine that I was up on my feet and walked to the stage to collect it before the winning number had been read, my Dad was mortified! But low and behold it was my ticket!!! I was so overjoyed with it that I didn’t want to eat it, I put it in pride of place on the window sill and it ended up a gooey mess, but it was still the best prize ever!