It’s the start of a new month, so the hardship grants July 2022 round-up is here. People often start googling terms such as “get money now” and “get money quick” and read our many suggestions for often fun ways to make quick cash.
However, one thing a lot of people aren’t fully aware of is that there are hardship grants available when times are hard. With everything from help with energy bills to furniture, take a look and see if any apply to you.
This is one that thousands of people across the UK will be anxious about. There are a lot of ways to get help:
● British Gas Energy Support Fund – apply for a grant on the British Gas Energy Trust website
● Scottish Power Hardship Fund – apply for a grant on the Scottish Power Hardship Fund website
● Ovo Energy Fund – apply for a grant on the Ovo Energy Fund website
● E.ON Energy Fund – apply for a grant on the E.ON Energy Fund website
● E.ON Next Energy Fund – apply for a grant on the E.ON Next Energy Fund website
● EDF Energy Customer Support Fund – apply for a grant on the EDF Energy Customer Support Fund website
● Bulb Energy Fund – apply for a grant on the Bulb Energy Fund website
● Octopus ‘Octo Assist Fund’ – apply for a grant on the Octopus website
If you can’t get a grant from your supplier, you might be able to get a grant from the British Gas Energy Trust. These grants are available to anyone – you don’t have to be a British Gas customer. You’ll need to get debt advice before applying – get help from a debt adviser like Citizens Advice.
If you’ve already spoken to a debt adviser – check if you can get a grant from the British Gas Energy Trust.
● Free items offered by individuals in local area
● Users can also post wanted ads
● You can sign up for email notifications and respond to posts
● Requires regular internet access to respond quickly, and transport to collect
Visit the Freecycle website.
● Free items offered by individuals in local area
● Gumtree is an online notice board
● Requires internet access and transport to collect
Fair For You – non-profit pay weekly store
● Charity offering loans for furniture and appliances from their online store
● Delivery is free but connection is extra. Interest is 51.1% APR
● Visit website to find items and check the affordability of a loan
● If same item is cheaper elsewhere, see the low-cost loans section for other borrowing options
These are the financial hardship grants available for July.
Turn2us Grant Finder
● Directory of grants available based on the age, location and need of the individual
● Information on how to apply is included on the Grant Finder
● Some grants are linked to applicants’ previous jobs – check current and past employment, and use the ‘Filter your results’ option Visit the Turn2us grant finder.
Household support fund
The household support fund (HSF) is available to help Derbyshire residents facing financial hardship over the coming months by providing grants and other financial support.
● Grants for essential items for families with a child with a disability or serious illness
● Download the Family Fund application form to apply
● Maximum 1 application per household per year
● Family must be eligible for public funds
● Grants for children living in hardship for essential items, such as furniture or white goods
● Family must be in financial hardship and have additional social welfare needs, and have an advice or support worker to apply on their behalf
● Online Applications can only be made by a statutory or voluntary agency who can administer the grant on behalf of Buttle
● Maximum grant is usually £300
● White goods etc. will be purchased by Buttle and delivered to home address, but other awards will be paid by cheque to referring agency
BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials Fund
● Items to meet the essential needs of children and young people
● Applications can only be made by a statutory or voluntary agency who complete a simple online registration form
● Most frequent requests are for white goods, beds and other furniture,clothing, baby equipment, but any essential need can be considered
Visit the Family Fund Services website for full details.
● Grants for people in need for essential items (including white goods and household items) or exceptional travel costs, to resolve a short- term crisis
● Applications can only be made by an advice or support worker
● Online Applications can only be made by a statutory or voluntary agency who can administer the grant on behalf of Glasspool
● White goods etc. will be purchased by Glasspool and delivered to home address, but other awards will be paid by cheque to referring agency
● Assistance for ex-forces and their family
● To apply, call or complete the online enquiry form
● SSAAFA offers practical, financial and emotional support
Visit the SSAAFA website or call them on 0800 731 4880 or 07413 417 226.
● Available assistance for ex-forces and their family
- To apply, call them for details of the local welfare representative
● British Legion offers practical, financial and emotional support
Visit the British Legion website or call them on 0808 802 8080.
We hope you find these hardship grants for July useful. We release a new roundup of hardship grants every month, so make sure to check back in August.