With the rising cost of living, we are all keeping an eye on our pockets, whether cutting costs or looking for nifty side hustles to bring in a couple of extra quid. But what if you could make money out of things you do every day?
Good news, we have five fantastic apps & platforms to share with you that are helping to monetise everyday tasks. From walking to surveys, some of these provide benefits to more than just your pocket.
- WeWard. With this free app, users can earn money just by walking. By travelling on foot instead of another means, WeWard gives its users ‘Wards’ which can be converted into gifts, charity donations or cash. Users can also access special offers from leading sports, beauty and nutrition brands and receive the Wards for each pound spent. So far, the app has encouraged more than 10 million users to walk every day, who are now more likely to walk around 24% more. This reduces pollution levels and highlights the importance of climate change by raising awareness around carbon emissions.
- Checkout Smart. Earn cashback with every trip to the supermarket. Users buy a selection of eligible products featured by the app, then simply upload a photo of their receipt to get credited with the cashback. Users say it’s great for alcohol purchases and has a lot of seasonal offers, and coupons. The company agrees on offers with the big retailers such as Sainsbury’s and Tesco and passes these on to the consumer. Current offers include specified Kelloggs cereals, Yorkshire Tea, Starbucks coffee and Bistro Gravy Granules.
- Shoppix. This app offers tokens in exchange for answering short surveys on shopping experiences and taking pictures of receipts in the app. Users can upload 30 receipts a week and gain 30 tokens per receipt. These can be converted into vouchers for retailers such as Amazon, ITunes or Love2Shop. Alternatively, they can be exchanged for cash. Shoppix users are also awarded electronic scratch cards in the Shoppix app to win bonus tokens. These are given for completing surveys and snapping or forwarding receipts in consecutive weeks. The data gathered from each receipt is used to provide insights into consumer behaviours.
- Airtasker. This platform is for those looking for a side-hustle. It connects people who need to outsource tasks and find local services, with those who are looking to earn money. From simple to complicated tasks, Airtasker can help with home cleaning, handyman jobs, admin work, photography, graphic design or even build a website. To date, there are more than 2.1 million people using this app and more than $382 million worth of jobs have been created. Users start by posting their task with details of where and when and suggest a fair budget, they get to review the profiles of those who have answered the task. Some users have talked about having generated more than £2,000 a month and using the money to buy their first home.
- Healthywage. A weight loss app with a difference! Leading academic research shows that dieters are up to five times more likely to lose weight if they have the chance to win money for shedding the pounds. Called HealthyWage, this app uses cash-based weight-loss challenges designed to encourage perseverance. The prize amount depends on several factors that users decide, including their weight loss goal. They only receive their prize if they achieve their goal by the end of their specified weight-loss competition. The average prize for winners is $1,331 but prizes go up to $10,000.
Disclaimer: MoneyMagpie is not a licensed financial advisor and therefore information found here including opinions, commentary, suggestions or strategies are for informational, entertainment or educational purposes only. This should not be considered as financial advice. Anyone thinking of investing should conduct their own due diligence.
I have definitely taken surveys, used cashback platforms, and downloaded mobile reward apps in the past.
Some of the best apps I’ve found actually allow you to play mobile games on your phone and make money at the same time which is fun 🙂