So first, Dan, with your Greek holiday. It’s good that you have been told that you will receive that note. You are entitled to a full cash refund so go for it if you don’t want to rebook later on. It’s a shame that the company has not replied but it’s not surprising at the moment. There are a lot of people trying to get through to these companies and they are facing all sorts of problems. Give them a bit of time but if they still don’t reply in the next week I suggest you contact the CEO and you can get his or her contact details at CEOonline.com. Also, you can use Chargeback, even if you used your debit card. If you get fed up of waiting, contact the bank that issued your card and ask them to do a chargeback to the seller’s bank. That will get them acting.
When it comes to cancelling a future holiday to Turkey, you are on thin ice here. You don’t get a refund if you cancel the holiday, only if the holiday company does. If you can prove that they have changed the holiday from what you originally booked then you could certainly contact the company and ask for a refund as it is against what the original contract said (check that that is the case first). If you can prove that they have not fulfilled the contract then you should be able to get your money back but not otherwise.