Join MoneyMagpie today!
Log in or Register.

UK Holidays

Home Messageboards Coronavirus Forum UK Holidays

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #150849

    Hi all,

    My family have a holiday booked for mid-July. It’s a holiday cottage in the North-East near Morpeth. When this whole coronavirus thing started we hoped life may return to normal by then (and still do), but as time goes on we’re starting to get a bit worried. We’re unsure what to do.

    Our options are:

    1) Do nothing – wait and see and respond accordingly.

    2) Ask to postpone the booking – Although this will be unlikely. Everyone will be doing this and the place is popular so chances are it’s already fully booked for later in summer.

    3) Ask for a refund and cancel entirely – We really hope it doesn’t come to this, but at the same time we’d rather do this then worry about it until July. We have a good relationship with the owner so we’re confident we’ll get a refund.

    What do you all recommend? The Government have said just assume all holidays are cancelled but does that apply to domestic holidays, and until when? If it seems likely that social distancing measures are still in place by June then I suppose we have no choice but to cancel.

    Sam SmithSam Smith

    I’m in the exact same position. I’ve also got one in October in the UK which I’m worried about.

    My wife thinks we should cancel them all and just try again next year, where I’m trying to not be so negative. Although I will if I have to.

    My trip in October is to Whinfell Forest in Center Parcs. I imagine social distancing will be over by then surely? I’d rather not chase a refund if I don’t need to.


    we had 2 booked with Hoseasons and both have been cancelled with an option to move to another date or a refund, probably best to wait until they cancel it so you don’t lose anything.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.